PDA

View Full Version : flashing red and yellow traffic lights

tezz7628
09-06-2004, 00:39
your going to come across flashing red and yellow traffic lights

i dont think this as been mentioned in the forum yet??

chrisj
09-06-2004, 01:25
They have under the Driving Thread, you might want to have a look, or there is a Driving Tips area that seems to cover most occasions etc

bellaepovera
09-06-2004, 01:37
You need to stop and look both ways before crossing.

tezz7628
09-06-2004, 02:15
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7808&SearchTerms=flashing,traffic,lights

above is the link i've seen for flashing yellow lights

no mention of red light

was told red light same as stop sign
yellow light same as give way sign basically

will also come across 4 way stop sign
who has right of way?

fllion
09-06-2004, 02:57
The4 way stop ,,is great fun ..who ever stops first ,should have the right of way ,,Just be careful when moving off as some people dont understand what & who goes first ,Cops love these 4ways ,Tickets for every one ,so make sure you come to a complete stop before moving

3 second rule .stop count 1 2 3 then go ..Helps me every time

Cops hide every where ,,BEWARE

tezz7628
09-06-2004, 03:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
They have under the Driving Thread, you might want to have a look, or there is a Driving Tips area that seems to cover most occasions etc
[/quote]

please can you tell me where these are chrisj am in driving forum now!!!

blott
09-06-2004, 04:18
Try here http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=457

If you go here http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=32 you'll find 4 pages of driving info.

You can also check here for the Florida Drivers' online info www.hsmv.state.fl.us

bellaepovera
09-06-2004, 12:03
At a 4 way stop the person on your right as the right of way...

fllion
13-06-2004, 06:59
Not here ,it is the person who gets there first has the right of way

bellaepovera
13-06-2004, 13:11
Also in the states it is the person who gets there first that has the right of way, but sometimes up to 4 can get there first so seeing that Florida has alot of tourist, and may not know the rules as we do, you must use your own discrection and be extra careful.

bridget
26-06-2004, 21:36
The only Cops I've seen were at Dunkin Donuts getting their stash for the morning.

jolliffee
03-07-2004, 13:28
One of the most important things is to come to a full stop at any STOP sign. The cops will book you if they catch you just slowing.

Dave

Ann-Marie
28-07-2004, 20:46
Have just returned from our trip and on the way back to MCO, I came off the 417 at Junction 17 for the airport. At the bottom of the slip road as I was about to turn left there were red flashing lights. Having not come across this before (have done the 4 way stop manaouevre with no probs)I felt it very confusing. There was a car approaching from the left which had stopped at the lights but the traffic from the right was whizzing down and there didn't appear to be any central reservation lane for me to move into until it was clear to make my manoeuvre into the right lane. Has anyone come across this and can they advise how best to tackle it for my next trip out.

Thanks