PDA

View Full Version : Busy/quiet days

jewell
01-09-2002, 14:04
Having stood 15 people deep on a Friday evening to watch Spectromagic, I thought it might be worthwhile passing on some advice I got from a local. Been told that Friday is the worst day possible to visit Disney as lots of people cram in a last visit there before heading home on Saturday. As a result, Saturday is the best day to visit Magic Kingdom as it is 'change over' day, not so many people visiting the park. I'll test this advice out on my next visit!

Sandra

blott
01-09-2002, 14:32
Thanks for the tip Sandra - now you've told all of us, Saturday will now be busy too! :)

In some of the Orlando area guidebooks, they have a section on which is the best day to visit a particular park.

Blott

esprit
01-09-2002, 14:35
Saturday is the best day to visit any park except the ones the locals go to. Hence it is a bad day to go to Busch Gardens, Islands of Adevnture or the water parks because the locals still go there for the thrill rides though they are usually fed up with Disney. Even these days with flights going out most any day, the weekend days are still the most popular changeover days because it means having less time off work. The higher charter flight prices on a Saturday confirm this.

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
03-09-2002, 18:12
There's always one isn't there. We found Saturday bad for MK-hardly got on anything as hubby would not queue-and felt Busch was a better choice on a Saturday! Sorry.

We think the best advice for MK-is to go as early as possible and stay till about 11am when it statrs to really gets busy and then go off to one of the other parks-coming back later for anything special like fireworks or Electromagic-when they get round to doing that again. It's also a good time to do a character lunch at the Crystal Palace before heading off again.

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 20:36
We have always been advised that Sunday and Monday worst for MK as everyone lands and then goes to MK first! It's a lottery I think, but water parks are definitely busy at weekends as I think local teenagers meet there - well that's our experience.