PDA

View Full Version : New Member

ventrolla
08-06-2004, 00:45
:DHi, My name is Paul , I live in Scotland & joined on the 6/6/04, so far I have found it very useful.

I leave for my 1st trip to Florida on the 26th June, any general advice or tips for thigs to be aware of would be much appreciated, thanks.

Paul

Carla
08-06-2004, 00:53
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forums. Check out the many and varied threads and if you have any questions, then don't hesitate to ask. Have a wonderful holiday.
:D:D:D

Ray&Sarah
08-06-2004, 00:58
Welcome Paul, we are sure you will love Florida and this will be your first of many trips. Have a great holiday.

pigletsplace2003
08-06-2004, 02:23
Welcome Paul , Once you have been there you will never want to come back !!!

E. Cosgrove
09-06-2004, 00:17
Hi Paul,
Welcome, there's nothing quite like a holiday to Florida, and for me there is nothing quite like the 1st time. We first went 14 years ago when our kids were 7 and 9 but it was myself and my hubby who enjoyed it most (not that the kids didn't have a great time)When I entered the Magic Kingdom for the first time I cried!!!(big baby)
Now after all this time we are looking forward to having our own home in Orlando.
I hope you have a really wonderful holiday!
Liz :)

Ann-Marie
09-06-2004, 00:52
Hi Paul

We're from Edinburgh and are going out for our 3rd trip in 4 weeks.

You'll have an absolutely fantastic time and return time and again as there's just so much to see and do.

Everyone's really helpful on the forum, any questions, just ask away.

Cheers

Ann-Marie:)

ventrolla
09-06-2004, 01:10
I'm actully thinking of buying a villa in Florida & I intend to go back out after my holiday in June to view properties, we met representitives of a company @ an exhibition in Glasgow they were called Orlando Vacation Realty.

I must say I was impressed by there no pressure tactics & wonder if anyone on the Forum has had any dealings with or heard about them, I would appreciate any advice or feedback on this topic. Ta ! [8D]

gromit
09-06-2004, 01:41
Hi Ventolla

Firstly welcome! We have sent you a DM but as far as Orlando Vacation Realty goes we've not dealt with them but a similar company. They were helpful in the UK but useless once we were with them in Florida. What sort of property are you looking to buy?

Good luck with it

Tracy
09-06-2004, 03:08
Hi Paul
we have just returned from Florida having stayed in our home with my parents (as usual) and a couple of there friends. My parents and friends arrived home yesterday (Monday 7th), the friends have today booked for October (this year), they are well and truly hooked and agree there is no-where else like it. After our trip to Magic Kingdom, we were woken each morning to the sound of "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow" which is a song from one of the rides and our friends thought very appropriate for the time they were in Florida !
As mentioned do the searches to gain info and I am sure you will have a great time. We are back in October and are now waiting for flights to be relaeased for next year. It is a very addictive country, just as this is a very addictive site !