PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdoms Breakfast Buffet

bellaepovera
01-09-2002, 03:04
This summer i had the chance to eat at Animal Kindoms breakfast buffet. It was one of the best I ever had. They have a varity of choices and they make your omelletes right there for you to see and also any other kind of eggs.
They only serve till 11 am every morning and advise to all: make a reservation, as they are very busy but maybe during winter months...
Afterwards you can walk outside and by chance see some of the animals walking around.

patti pacienza

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-09-2002, 03:09
Patti:

Is it any good for vegetarians as we always struggle to find anywhere we like that has a good choice?

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.vacation-rental-villas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

esprit
01-09-2002, 03:11
Is this at the lodge rather than Animal Kingdom itself, Patti?? How much is it approx?

Julie Carty

bellaepovera
01-09-2002, 03:14
They have a variety of cheeses and specialties that do not have meat in them. They did not have a salad bar. Can vegetarians eat eggs?
They had all different kinds of sweets but i do remember the fresh ham that they made and a huge pork roast that they cut right in front of you. Oh they also had all kinds of different rolls. Im trying to remember everything as there was soo much. I myself love fruit in the morning and they had plenty of that. All different kinds of melons.
But i did cheat and eat and omellette and if was very tempting!!

patti pacienza

bellaepovera
01-09-2002, 03:16
Oh im sorry yes it is at the lodge and i believe it was $16.00 but my mom payed so im not positive. Children have a discount.

patti pacienza

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-09-2002, 12:42
Most veggie eat eggs Patti - it sounds lovely :).

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.vacation-rental-villas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

orlandobabe
01-09-2002, 23:38
I'm pretty sure that I've seen this on another thread as recommended for vegetarians. It's called the Boma Buffet. They do breakfast for about $16 and evening Dinner (you can tell I'm from oop north-I'd normally have said tea) for $20. If you do dinner-go a little bit early to watch the animals-for when you've finished your meal and its dark-you'll only hear them rustling about outside.

When we were having a little constitutional outside we spoke to one of the park rangers who is South African and she said the food is very authentic-exactly what her mum cooked at home.

I remember a very spicy egg dish, which was lovely. Then there's fruits and cakey things and of course meat dishes too.

Take some proof of identity with you-this is one Disney hotel that you cannot just walk into-even with your reservation you have to get past the door man-but once in -it's great and very atmospheric.

Orlandobabe

fiona
03-09-2002, 16:51
We had dinner there on our last night and thought it was disappointing. But you can go and have a drink there and ahve a look round, and see what you think of the menu. (Alison is right - they want to see a passport and write down your registration even if you hve a reservation!)

By the way, if you make a reservation don't think it means you get a table at that time!

We arranged to meet friends in the bar so we could have a good look round and then went downstairs at 9.15 (which was the only time they had a table free!). We were then told it wasn't ready and we should have checked in earlier. So we all trooped back upstairs and had another drink before it was ready for us.

The friends we went with had had a meal in the restaurant next door the previous week and said it was excellent.

Fiona

orlandobabe
03-09-2002, 17:48
How did you find it disappointing Fiona?

The long wait or the food?

I must admit I like to go for brekkie. Then afterwards you can sit by the pool-I daresay if you took your swimmers you could have a swim-before setting off to do the rest of the day!

Orlandobabe