PDA

View Full Version : E2, can I manage the bus before Visa is approved

mo_heywood
07-06-2004, 13:10
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a business in Florida. I've been informed that I have to completed the purchase contract before I can apply for an E2 Visa with a clause in the contract saying it is subject to visa approval. Since it can easily take a month for the US Embassy to proccess the visa, can I travel to Florida and manage the businness before visa approval. Or can I still manage the business even if I don't get the visa on a Tourist Visa?

Regards

mo

esprit
08-06-2004, 07:56
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the way to get yourself deported!!! Read the threads. There is a thread on here about someone working before his visa came through who was marched off and deported while his wife was at the mall and she didnt even know where he had gone.
E2 has a strict procedure. Sign the purchase contract. Send the funds out to an escrow attormey who will hold them pending closing. The contract will have a clause it it that says the contract is contingent on getting of an E2 visa. Put in the petition and sit and wait. I got mine in 5 weeks a year ago but believe it is now about three months, a month is a gross underestimate. You then sit and wait in the UK. You can come here but not to run the business which will not be yours anyway until closing, you do nothing!!! Well you can buy a house and that sort of thing. You then get the visa approved and have to do the embassy interveiw in London. You then have to wait for them to return your passport through the mail with the visa stamoed in. You could run then run the business form this time, but will need to wait for it to close out. Often people fly out and close the next day. If you dont get the E2, you cant do anything here except be a tourist and the escrow attorney will refund your money.

fllion
13-06-2004, 06:42
You can fast track the petition when it goes to Texas for $1,000 and they will give you an answer in 14 working days. You still have to go to the Embassy in London for an interveiw