PDA

View Full Version : Method of Payment

ventrolla
06-06-2004, 22:33
[msncool]Hi, This is my 1st time on this great site. Can anyone give me any advice on which is the best method of payment for most day to day items i.e resteraunts shops etc

Carla
06-06-2004, 22:53
Travellers cheques are the safest and easiest way. Get them in $20 denominations and you can use them like cash wherever you go. Don't get anything bigger than a $50, as in some places you may have problems changing them.

ventrolla
06-06-2004, 23:06
thanks Carla,
When is it adviseable to use your credit card:)

Floridalover
07-06-2004, 00:13
You can use cards anywhere, its the american way of life. I never bother with TC's for this reason.....its down to personal preference at the end of the day.

amy
07-06-2004, 00:55
[quote]Originally posted by Floridalover
You can use cards anywhere, its the american way of life. I never bother with TC's for this reason.....its down to personal preference at the end of the day.
[If you are using a UK card most companies charge you a fee for the privelage, check your small print at home before you go.]

Carla
07-06-2004, 01:05
You can't use credit cards in a some places, like the small food/drink stalls in the Parks, whereas you can always use TCs at these. The exchange rate is really good now, so you could stockpile some TCs ready for your next holiday. That way you get the best of all worlds and can use the TCs just like cash, you know exactly how much things are costing, and you won't get hit by your credit card company for charges every time you use your card.

I only use a credit card for "shopping". :D:D:D

ventrolla
07-06-2004, 01:13
:) What is the norm for tipping in Florida,

Carla
07-06-2004, 01:53
You should tip 15% for normal/ordinary service and more for exceptional service. That's the norm, anyway. :D:D:D

boo-yeh
11-06-2004, 18:52
We don't bother with TC's either - take a bunch of cash (split between everyone in your party for security of course) and a credit card(s) for day to day stuff - meals, groceries etc. You can always use the credit card to get more cash if needed but watch out for charges!:)

chrisj
11-06-2004, 19:07
If you have a nationwide debit card, you dont get charged when you draw money out, and the
rate is higher than the tourist rate