PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seater Minivan

Ann-Marie
06-06-2004, 18:16
This is the first time I'll be driving a 7 seater van from Dollar. Can anyone advise how many cases (average sized) you can get in the back? There will be 4 adults and 2 kids. We were thinking of taking 4 cases and a couple of holdalls. Do you think there will be sufficient space, taking into account the extra free seat which we could probably put the holdalls on.

Cheers

Ann-Marie

blott
06-06-2004, 19:02
I drive a 7 seater in the UK and there's not a lot of luggage space with all 7 seats up. It may be you can fold one of the seats down and use that as luggage space (you can in mine). Depending on the kids' ages, you may be able to put the holdalls on the floor instead of their feet!

When we rented a 7 seater in Florida, we managed to get 4 suitcases in (standing 2 x 2 and not lying down) and a folded wheelchair behind the seats.

If you've got any doubts about getting your stuff in, there's also 8 seaters available which will give you more luggage space as you'll have two spare seats.

Ann-Marie
06-06-2004, 19:42
Thanks Blott, I'll double check what we're taking and decide before we leave.

Regards

Ann-Marie:D

Ray&Sarah
07-06-2004, 02:04
We always have a 7 seater from Dollar, and there are 6 of us when we travel. You can slide the back seats forward, that will give you a little move luggage space. We normally have three large cases and four carry-on bags. These as long as you are good at the Krypton Factor will fit in the back. You can always for the short journey from the airport to the villa, place another case inside the door at the side. So you should be fine.

Have a great time, and remember you will not need alot of clothes in Florida, but the space for bringing back all those Florida bargains.

Have a great time.:D

Ann-Marie
07-06-2004, 13:34
Thanks Ray & Sarah

Think everything should be ok with the 7 seater. Am definitely not taking too many clothes, but will defintely bring lots of goodies back.

Ann-Marie:D:D

Jo
07-06-2004, 23:26
As they are all automatics, there is space beween the front seats for some small luggage.

We managed 2 large suitcases, 2 small holdalls and 7 rucksacs, plus 4 adults and 3 children. The bags were mainly perched on knees, but it was fine for the short distance.

I think you'll be fine with 1 seat being used for luggage. Theer is also space between the middle two seats.

There is a slightly longer 7 seater which you can upgrade to , but its probably not worth it just for the extra space to and from the airport.

Jo

Mick-H
23-08-2004, 15:29
As the others have said you'll be fine,
I had the same concerns in April when 7 of us went, 5 adults 2 kids and we had no problems at all.
One less worry :)

Ann-Marie
26-08-2004, 13:44
Thanks Mick-H

However, holiday is like a long distant memory now, have been back a month unfortunately! However, we had more than enough space for the luggage - everything went well and minivan was superb!