PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work in florida

benn
05-06-2004, 02:32
Hello
I currently live in England and would like to move and live in Florida. I dont have money to buy a buissiness but am looking to find work, as a welder fabricator. Can any one tell me where to start on achiving this.

esprit
05-06-2004, 05:23
Is this a field where there is a shortage of US workers as you will have to go through labour certification?? Look for a job through trade pages. You arent allowed to come here to look. Or look for a UK employer with a US branch and a history of transferring people out. That may be a better bet with the work visas capped at 65,000 per year and all taken for next year. Sorry to be pessimistic but I think you will have difficulties. Now if you were a nurse......

benn
06-06-2004, 14:09
If I find a job in Florida while still living in this country. Can I then pack up and move, If so what are trade pages and how do I view them.

John Boy
06-06-2004, 16:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by benn
If I find a job in Florida while still living in this country. Can I then pack up and move, If so what are trade pages and how do I view them.
[/quote]

Hi Benn

Getting work in America is difficult at the best of times but since 9/11 it has got worse
Many people on here can give you basic advice but because things change daily and there are so many grey areas I would advise that you either contact the US embassy or go online to www.usembassy.org.uk/
and you should be able to get all info there

It will be very hard for you but Good Luck