PDA

View Full Version : Drop off point

Jim
03-06-2004, 22:27
Hi all,

Is there a drop off point at Epcot[?]
Two families holidaying together and I was wondering how I could drop folks off without having to pay for parking!

Jim

Nostromo
03-06-2004, 22:42
An idea would be to drop them off in one of the Epcot RESORTS. Tell the guard you will only be there for a short time (in fact, you can be there for upto 3 hours) and he will give you a free permit. Display this if you want to get out yourself or simply drop off the family. All they have to do is find their way to the International Gateway entrance that takes them to World Showcase. It is not that far from Future World either. Apart from this convenience, the International gateway entrance is seldom crowded and is an easy walk across. We usually choose the Beach Club resort, which is probably the closest to the Gateway.

bellaepovera
04-06-2004, 12:17
We always drop off our sons in front of all the theme parks and they never charge us for doing this. There is also a back entrance into Epcot from Boardwalk just past the ESPN Rest. over the bridge.

Nostromo
04-06-2004, 14:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] There is also a back entrance into Epcot from Boardwalk just past the ESPN Rest. over the bridge.
[/quote]

It is this 'back entrance' that is called International Gateway, isn't it? Very convenient, especially with hardly any crowd there.

Jim
04-06-2004, 22:16
Thanks for the info!
I assume that the resorts are the best drop off for all disney parks[?]

I will try and find this back entrance also.

Jim[8D]

Nostromo
04-06-2004, 22:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jim
Thanks for the info!

Jim[8D]
[/quote]

Not always.

For Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary resort can be a convenient drop off point as the visitors can then take either the monorail or ferry to the park entrance.

Likewise, Beach Club Resort is probably the easiest to reach the International Gateway entrance into Epcot, but Boarwalk Inn should do as well.

I don't know if Animal Kingdom Lodge can be similarly used for AK, but I suppose so.

But I cannot think of an easy drop off point for MGM, at least via a resort. You may have to go to the park entrance itself.

The water parks have easy access from their own car parks, which can be used to drop off people too.

Jim
05-06-2004, 01:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jim
Thanks for the info!

Jim[8D]
[/quote]

Not always.

For Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary resort can be a convenient drop off point as the visitors can then take either the monorail or ferry to the park entrance.

Likewise, Beach Club Resort is probably the easiest to reach the International Gateway entrance into Epcot, but Boarwalk Inn should do as well.

I don't know if Animal Kingdom Lodge can be similarly used for AK, but I suppose so.

But I cannot think of an easy drop off point for MGM, at least via a resort. You may have to go to the park entrance itself.

The water parks have easy access from their own car parks, which can be used to drop off people too.

[/quote]

Thanks Nostromo,

All info greatly appreciated and printed off.

Jim (2 weeks to go):D:D

Jules
06-06-2004, 02:45
We dropped our son and his girlfriend off at Epcot and MGM in November.We just drove up to the booth at the main entrance and told the person on duty that we were just dropping off and they then explained which way to go.
The only problem we had was picking them up again when we assumed that the pick up point at Epcot would be the same as the drop off point WRONG!. The booths were unmanned by the time we returned to pick them up after the fireworks so we just went to the drop off point... no sign of them.We parked up and walked up and down outside the entrance for about 30 mins trying to look for them in the crowds. Eventually we asked a disney employee where they would send someone who was waiting to be picked up,they pointed to an area beyond the monorail where we eventually found them. It was about the only place we hadn't looked and the only area not visible from the turnstile area!! Next time we are going to buy 2 way radio's.