PDA

View Full Version : Bargains to be had, or had by bargains?

george
03-06-2004, 12:59
Things change from year to year so it would be useful if there was some feedback from people who have been over recently as to where the best bargains are to be found. Let’s include everything. This will be of great help for visitors in 2004. Try to give prices.
Anything to avoid may be a good add on .

Ray&Sarah
03-06-2004, 20:37
We were over in Orlando at christmas and if your kids are into Vans shoes then try the Beltz outlet malls on I-Drive, there was a shoe shop there offering buy one pair and get the second pair free, and the first pair was only $29.99, a real bargain as one pair in the UK can set you back £50-£60.:)

Nostromo
04-06-2004, 00:30
We felt that the discounts offered by mainline stores like the shops in Belz and Premium malls are genuine. But some shops are decidedly dodgy. I would be suspicious of buying electronic equipment from the shops in the Flea Market type outlets. But the one shop I that felt was an absolute ripoff and downright dodgy was the Camera & Gift shop at the junction of I-drive with Sand Lake Road. I don't want to discuss details in these forums, but I urge members to avoid that shop like the plague.

trevlad
04-06-2004, 01:19
YOU CANT BEAT THE NIKE STORES FOR GREAT VALUE QUALITY GEAR

THIS TIME YET AGAIN WE RACKED OVER £300 WORTH OF MUST HAVE TRAINERS SPORTS GEAR ETC. I MUST SPEND MORE IN THERE THAN I DO ON HIRING CARS:DEVEN THOUGH THE CONVERTIBLE WAS SO CHEAP WITH USCARHIRE!!
THEN AGAIN I SAVE AS MUCH

THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXAMPLES TO BE FOUND IN STORE. IN MAY THEY HAD 3 SEWN (RATHER THAN PRINTED) NIKE LOGO T SHIRTS FOR JUST OVER A TENNER. THEY HAVE TRAINER SAVINGS BY THE SCORE. MY BEST SAVING WAS A PAIR OF AIR KANTARA RUNNING SHOES, I BOUGHT LAST SEPTEMBER BEST PART OF A HUNDRED QUID IN NIKE TOWN LONDON - $59.99 IN FL.(DIDNT HELP MY RUNNING ANY :D) SERIOUSLY THOUGH I WAS LOOKINHG FOR A SPECIFIC SHOE. LAST WEEK THEY HAD LOADS AT $39/49 ETC - WELL WORTH A VISIT

LIVE ON THE 192 OPP. CELEBRATION, IN THE BELZ OF INT. DRIVE AND ALSO THAT SHOPPING CENTRE AT LAKE BEUNA VISTA TURNOFF NEXT TO LAKE BRYAN. PROB. MORE ABOUT ALSO.

TREV[8D]

mikewj
04-06-2004, 02:14
There's a couple of camera shops on 192 that leave you feeling as though you've been mugged.

I avoid them now and go with the big names like Best Buy, Ritz and Wolf.

Rhosyn
04-06-2004, 18:51
my daughter bought 4 pairs of vans buy one get one free saved us a fortune. Well her father bought them......
:D:D:D
Beryl

Trina
05-06-2004, 01:55
Reebok outlet Beltz

Buy one pair get second half price
Buy two pairs get MUMS free!!

Vans skate park - $89.99 pair of size 10's down to $39.99:D :D:D

Trina

lamina
05-06-2004, 11:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
There's a couple of camera shops on 192 that leave you feeling as though you've been mugged.

I avoid them now and go with the big names like Best Buy, Ritz and Wolf.
[/quote]
I think one of those would be 192.com, they tried charging me $13 for a triple phono lead...i refused to pay and got one from Wal-mart for $6.99

jotter
08-06-2004, 00:27
if shopping in burdines in the florida mall go to customer services upstairs with a proof of sig. such as debit card and you will get a discount card giving 11% of any purchases

adh619
08-06-2004, 01:27
At the Belz outout there is a Timberland shop - it is soooooooooooooooo cheap (as are the others) we bought all our crimbo prezzies (sad) shirts for less than 20 bucks

T

Cruella DeVilla
15-06-2004, 06:27
We are here at the mo so its as current as you get! We avoid BELTZ except Nike as it is alot more expensive recently, although still cheaper than UK. Saying that we do not like casual clothes and that is what most of the shops are.....down to preference really . Shops like Ross, TJ maxx, Beales Outlet etc you get brand names at good prices. Walmart is great value on the housey front. I speak from experience. I am $5,000 poorer after shopping for the villa!!!:([}:)]
CDV

lamina
25-06-2004, 11:54
we went to Beltz for the boxing day sales, one of the clothes shops (can't remember the name )had 66% off everything! my wallet had never seen so much daylight..