PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody

AndyM
02-06-2004, 23:08
Hi everybody,
Just came across this site and it looks like a feast of info.
Hoping to go to Florida sometime next year with the family.
I have been twice before but that was before we had kids.
What is it like for travelling with a 4 year old and a 1 year old?
Speak to you all later,
Cheers,
Andy

Jules
03-06-2004, 00:14
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the site, it is a wealth of information. If there is anything you want to know just ask there is usaully someone out there who knows the answer.
As for the pleasures of travelling to Florida with a 4 and 1 year old I was never brave enough, I waited until mine were 11 and 9 before I went for the first time. I'm sure there will be someone who has done it and is willing to share any tips with you.

Bye for now,

cameron
03-06-2004, 01:31
Hi Andy,

I've travelled with a two year old and it went perfectly well.

I was so worried about the flight but other passengers and flight staff appreciate what it's like and for us it went great.

Get out toys/activities at split intervals. I actually wrapped the things for our little one, in fact I did it for our big ones as well[:o)]

Take extra food bits as well.

Enjoy.

Sharon G
03-06-2004, 01:36
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum.

I myself have a very lively 2 and a half year old and a "Kevin" 12 year old!!

I make up a travel bag for my youngest which includes little puzzles crayons,plastersine, books, sweets and a muzzle.....only joking about the muzzle!![msnwink][msnwink]
Entertainment on most Trans-Atlantic flights are good and kept my eldest entertained most of the time......for the rest I just invested in a new Gameboy and gave it to him just before we boarded!!! It worked a treat just to see the look on his face[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Sharon

Cowboy
03-06-2004, 01:40
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forums. You have found the right place. You will find loads of information on the search facility at the top of the page. If you cannot find the answers there, just ask and I am sure someone will help you.
Regarding your specific questions :-
When do you intend to visit Florida next year?
Depending on when you go your children could then be 5 and 2.
We have travelled with our grandchildren who have been at various ages from 6 months to 9 years with very few problems. The worst problem we encountered was with one of them who was 18 months at the time and the aircraft descent affected his ears for a short time.
They may need some entertaining, particularly on the outward journey, but they normally sleep on the return.
We have found that Virgin and USair have good TV entertainment for kids.
Don't leave it too late to book and I would very strongly advise you have a villa as opposed to hotel. Most villas on the following sites are child "friendly" :- www.orlandovillas.com www. villasflorida.com and www.onlinefloridavillas.com
You will also find the owners will be only too pleased to help and advise.
Mike.

Ray&Sarah
03-06-2004, 01:45
We didn't take our children to FLorida until they were 4 & 7 but we have had experience of much smaller children sitting near us on the planes. Usually they are fine and as long as they are kept entertained they enjoy the flight. I did feel for a small baby that had problems with his ears during landing, I think someone suggested giving them Carpol to help ease the pain. It doesn't affect them all though.:)

AndyM
03-06-2004, 23:36
thanks guys your comments are most helpful.
hoping to go next summer 2005 my 2 daughters will be 4 and 1 years old.
I agree with the villa as on my previous visits to Florida we have been in villas and they were excellent.
bye for now,
Andy

george
04-06-2004, 01:26
Don't let them drive![msnwink]:D:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AndyM
Hi everybody,
Just came across this site and it looks like a feast of info.
Hoping to go to Florida sometime next year with the family.
I have been twice before but that was before we had kids.
What is it like for travelling with a 4 year old and a 1 year old?
Speak to you all later,
Cheers,
Andy
[/quote]

Kissyme
04-06-2004, 11:13
Great answer George [8D][8D]