PDA

View Full Version : FLIGHTS TO SANFORD/ORLANDO

hamish
02-06-2004, 22:58
I UNDERSTAND THAT AIRTOURS/MY TRAVEL FLY NONSTOP FROM EITHER MANCHESTER OR B,HAM, IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS USED THEM, WHAT DID THEY THINK OF THE SERVICE.
ALSO DO YOU KNOW IF THEY DO A PREMIER CLASS SEAT.?
ANY INFO ON COSTS ETC, WOULD BE MOST WELCOME, WE ARE THINKING OF GOING NEXT MAY.!
THANKS.
CLIVE,G.

Jules
03-06-2004, 00:36
Hi Hamish,

We flew Manchester to Sanford with Airtours/My travel in May 2002 we used the Premier seats. The flight was OK but the service was a little disorganised. The seats were fine, they are leather and wider than normal with a foot rest and extra leg room. We did have a problem with the priority baggage handling which was non-existent and although we had pre booked and pre paid an upgrade on the car it wasn't on our paperwork for Dollar, Airtours Uk office said it was OK they had "sorted it" but we had to argue for an hour before we received it. Moral of the story make sure all your paperwork is correct before leaving the UK i.e they change any paperwork with errors and don't just "sort it" over the phone. Don't expect too much from priority baggage handling or upgraded meals and you won't be disappointed. You do get priority boarding and a free welcome on board drink which in our case was Vodka and Cranberry juice not a favourite tipple of mine i must confess, and if I remember correctly a better selection of movies on the seat back T.V. All in all the seats were probably worth the extra even if the other add ons were a little disappointing. At the time I think we paid an extra £199 return each
and it was a new service which they have hopefully improved, but I haven't tried them since. Maybe someone else has used them more recently with a better experience.

hamish
03-06-2004, 01:02
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INFO, I WILL BEAR THE DRINKS IN MIND.!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jules
Hi Hamish,

We flew Manchester to Sanford with Airtours/My travel in May 2002 we used the Premier seats. The flight was OK but the service was a little disorganised. The seats were fine, they are leather and wider than normal with a foot rest and extra leg room. We did have a problem with the priority baggage handling which was non-existent and although we had pre booked and pre paid an upgrade on the car it wasn't on our paperwork for Dollar, Airtours Uk office said it was OK they had "sorted it" but we had to argue for an hour before we received it. Moral of the story make sure all your paperwork is correct before leaving the UK i.e they change any paperwork with errors and don't just "sort it" over the phone. Don't expect too much from priority baggage handling or upgraded meals and you won't be disappointed. You do get priority boarding and a free welcome on board drink which in our case was Vodka and Cranberry juice not a favourite tipple of mine i must confess, and if I remember correctly a better selection of movies on the seat back T.V. All in all the seats were probably worth the extra even if the other add ons were a little disappointing. At the time I think we paid an extra £199 return each
and it was a new service which they have hopefully improved, but I haven't tried them since. Maybe someone else has used them more recently with a better experience.
[/quote]

armagedon
03-06-2004, 02:24
we used airtours in may this year used it as a cheap last minute thing. Very disappointed the plane on the way out was pretty basic and very worn. No tv's in seats, and the only tv's there were, were a couple in the ceiling which we couldnt see so its was a very long and boring flight. On the way back though wee had a totaly different plane pretty new with tv's in seats and much more space. So its luck of the draw i think as to the standard of the plane you may get. But like i say we had a great bargin last minute deal so was'nt bothered. Oh price we paid was £1142 4 adults including accomoodation on I drive, for 2 weeks. like i say it was cheaper than i could just buy the flight tickets.
mark

Beverley
03-06-2004, 03:25
We have travelled twice with My Travel, not the best airline in the world thats for sure.

But at £185 for direct flights last xmas, and £179 for direct this May they get my vote for a last minute bargain. :D

phaedra
04-06-2004, 00:34
We used USAirways last Nov/Dec at about £300 each for scheduled with 34" seat pitch as standard and will be using them again this December unless we find a better deal (unlikely!).

We flew with Airtours in Dec 2001 from Manchester and the flight wasn't too bad, 31" seat pitch and at £99 each it was a bargain!.

Farida
04-06-2004, 03:42
The 'direct' bit is always an advantage.
We've just come back after a last minute booking. When we got to the airport (Manchester) we were offered upgrades to 'premium economy' for £99 each(one way)....which the kids begged us to take. This gave us boarding first,free drinks during the flight and 2/3 extra films plus, of course, the leather seats and extra legroom. The food, I have to say was pretty dismal though.
On the way back, although we arrived over 4 hours before the flight, there were no upgrades left but the staff bent over backwards to try to help us - needing extra legroom for my ever-growing eldest son and found us 2 seats next to the emergency exit ( so only charged for one - $55)and 2 behind(which,as they are in groups of three, it happened that no-one was sat next to my younger son so he effectively had two seats!)We had tv's in seats both ways
My summary...the premium economy was good for the extra room, and if you can get them for £99, worth the extra.
The airline was great at check-in at both airports
The staff on board were possibly not as accomodating as some(we like Virgin best)..but it's a charter flight so you pays your money - you takes your choice and they are great for a last minute bargain

By the way, I'd recommend you take butties!

ujpest doza
04-06-2004, 13:32
Travelled with MyTravel/Airtours a couple of times.
The flight on the second occasion from Manchester in March 2002 was no problem whatsoever and we had decent legroom without paying extra.

The trick is that they have some planes that are Canadian MyTravel planes and these are the ones that are better and have more room than the UK ones.If you travel in winter you are more likely to get a Canadian plane.

gromit
04-06-2004, 16:32
I think sometimes you get what you pay for. It is not just the price you should consider but other factors such as how well trained are the pilots and cabin crew? What facilities are on board such as medical supplies and defibrilators? What airports can they land at if there are problems? etc etc. Personally we always fly British Airways but can also recommend Virgin from friends that have used them. They both are direct flights and fly into Orlando International and not Sandford. They do actually have some good deals going so you should check them out.

Happy Flying!

06-06-2004, 00:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
I UNDERSTAND THAT AIRTOURS/MY TRAVEL FLY NONSTOP FROM EITHER MANCHESTER OR B,HAM, IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS USED THEM, WHAT DID THEY THINK OF THE SERVICE.
ALSO DO YOU KNOW IF THEY DO A PREMIER CLASS SEAT.?
ANY INFO ON COSTS ETC, WOULD BE MOST WELCOME, WE ARE THINKING OF GOING NEXT MAY.!
THANKS.
CLIVE,G.
[/quote]

Clive,

Please can you not type in caps it makes it harder to read for some people.

Sorry! [:I][:I][:I][:I]

gromit
06-06-2004, 16:43
Did you know that Sanford does not have its own radar control? Given the choice I would always choose Orlando International over Sanford even in this TCAS era.

PS ever wondered why the code is MCO - originally it was called McCoy airport!