PDA

View Full Version : Calabay Parc

PaDuck
02-06-2004, 20:06
I am renting a villa in Calabay Parc Oct. 3-Oct. 10 And was wondering how this community is and how convenient is it to wdw and good restaurants,Walmart etc.? Will any of you be there that week? Any info,recommendations about this area would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

timmy
02-06-2004, 21:33
Calabay is just a few minutes from the 192 with every restaurant imaginable. There's a Publix supermarket a few minutes North, and restaurants a few minutes south on US 27 eg Dennys, Cracker Barrel, Perkins, Bob Evans. Walmart is due to open in September about 5 minutes drive away. Everything you could ask for - even Disney - within 15 minutes drive!

NickClark
03-06-2004, 01:41
We stayed at Calabay Park in April and I was very impressed. A very nice comunity with very high spec homes. Disney is aprox 15 minutes when you avoid the rush hour times.

janice
03-06-2004, 16:43
I have a home in Calabay, PaDuck, it is a lovely community[msnsmile2]. There is still some building going on on Phase 2 but it shouldn't interupt your holiday too much. There is a Publix supermarket 5 minutes north and chinese, pizza shops. There is also Beef O'bradys south, which you have enquired about, that is only a couple of minutes away, also another chinese. If you turn left at Walgreens here along 54 to Championsgate there is another Publix and more chinese etc. Further along towards I4 there are the restaurants mentioned earlier. We tend to go North to 192 to Formosa Boulevard, about 10 - 15 minutes away, to a selection of restaurants, Outback, Red Lobster, Giordanos etc. There are plenty around as you can see so enjoy trying them all during your stay. We are looking now for flights for 2nd Oct so will be there at the same time as you. Have a good holiday[msncool]

Ian Dee
04-06-2004, 02:52
Hi Pa Duck
We too have a villa on Calabay Parc. Welcome i am sure you will be delighted with it.
We are there in July & Novemebr so will miss your dates.
As it seems that you will be there for 'only' 7 days you be careful you dont burn yourself up! with all the dashing around. ;)

there is anothere Walmart on the other side of the I4, next to Southern Dunes although I think the new Super Walmart N of the 192 will be finished by the time you get there.
WDW is not too far drive time and you can get there either from the 192 or up the I4.

If shopping then as time is limited for you it may be best to use the toll roads for qquickness
Have a nice stay[msnsmile2][8D]

adh619
06-06-2004, 02:42
We stayed there last November - loved it so much we bought on the builders new development. We found the house we stayed in FANTASTIC it was all we expected. I would have no hesitation in going back.

Tony[msnsmile][msnsmile]

timmy
06-06-2004, 12:35
we have had excellent feedback from all our guests - in particular, they love the quality of the build and the peaceful location. I think you'll be pleased with your choice:)

Ian Dee
06-06-2004, 23:44
glad to hear all this.
Calabay does seem to sell itself and we look forward to repeat bookings[8D]:):D

Trina
07-06-2004, 00:26
How long has it taken to build Calabay and how many properties?

Trina

Ian Dee
07-06-2004, 00:41
We boughht in Sept 2002 on Phase 1. So I think it probably started early in 2001.
Depending on what/who you speak to and what plan you look at there are a total of 320/323 properties. Only about 20 remain to be finished, although all are now sold.
Not of course to be confused with Calabay Parc at Tower Lakes. that is another development south of the I 4 about 20 minutes away. I think there may be 3 Phases on that, although none started. They seem to be sold as soon as they come on the market![8D]

Trina
07-06-2004, 12:25
Thanks Ian

We bought down in Tower Lake last Oct. Hopefully they will start building in August. We have stayed at Calabay and were just trying to get things into perspective re size and the time it has taken to get it to this stage especially as we have now heared that there (maybe according to the builders office) is to be a phase 3 at Tower Lake.

Trina

timmy
08-06-2004, 01:13
Trina

We waited 11 months for our villa to be built - it was certainly worth the wait. The build on Calabay Parc is of a very high standard. And we've had no difficulty renting it out even in the first year. Guests love the community and the villa.

Trina
08-06-2004, 02:40
Timmy

Thanks Timmy for those encouraging words. :)

Trina

Lizzie
23-06-2004, 01:03
We have owned on Calabay since Jan 2002 - our villa was already built when we first viewed in November 01:D:D We have been v. pleased with the design, build quality and community and we have had nothing but compliments from guests re the villa, upkeep and community:D
There is a couple of great "shortcuts" from CP to Disney, 192 and I4

timmy
23-06-2004, 11:33
Would love to hear about those shortcuts Lizzie

CarolAnn
30-06-2004, 16:50
Yep! Bring on the shortcut info please!