View Full Version : champions gate

alex
30-08-2002, 23:39
has any one played the champions gate golf courses which is the best
one to play.

bmitch
31-08-2002, 00:22
Hi Alec

Nice to hear from a fellow Aberdonian! We spoke a while ago before I purchased my villa. ......a mate of John Middleton's and a fellow client of Alec Hutcheon.
Anyway, I'm out next week so I plan to play a few courses so I'll let you know.
Cheers Brian

honeybee
31-08-2002, 13:11
Hi

having a home on loma vista we use the chamionsgate complex a lot. My husssband is a golf fanatic but does not think much of chamionsgate when driving and having a look around it. It is very expensive to play about £100 per round. Have a look on their website.

honeybee

Ann
01-09-2002, 13:54
HI my husband also plays and i am sure it was not £100 per round on champions gate when he played ?
Ask all the courses have twilight times which are cheaper as well tee off at maybe 1or 2 pm and half the price
Falcon Fire just near the old town is good
Mystic Dunes which is just off old lake wilson road in the palms golf and country club we got a florida resident rate on this one when it first opened
Celebration is also a good course you will pay a bit more for this
Disney if you play a couple of courses will transport your clubs for you ready for the next day

usual dress code at most courses collar and dress shorts are permited
catrs are provided at all courses and the trolley dolly comes round the courses with drinks food ect very impressive
as you can see i am a golf widow

ann

caroline
02-09-2002, 04:26
We had some friends that played there a couple of weeks ago - they said the clubhouse was very impressive - they paid about $40 to play (but I think this was an evening rate) - they weren't impressed with the course - said it was flat and boring (mind you they're not exactly Nick Faldo and Seve!!)

Caroline