PDA

View Full Version : Another trip over............

smblair
01-06-2004, 17:37
Got back on Friday from another fabulous trip to Florida (May 13 - 27th......can't believe I'm back home !!

Last year we stayed in a 4 bed villa at Hampton Lakes for 2 weeks however this time we stayed at a 3 bed in Indian Ridge Oaks (for one week only)and did 3 different hotels the 2nd week.....big mistake. For us, going from the comforts and space of a villa back to the hotels was a big let down and I just felt totally unsettled living out of the suitcases again ! The only positive was the 2 nights we spent at the Hilton Oceanfront at Daytona Beach..........WOW !

Anyway, our daughter (now nearly three) had a ball this year.......she was scared of all the characters last year but couldn't keep her hands off this year ! Magic Kingdom was fab. Managed to get photos with all the characters, even Buzz Lightyear, much to my daughter's delight ! Queues weren't too bad at all (which was just as well because the heat was pretty intense). Mickey's Philharmagic was excellent but our daughter informed me it was too loud !!.

Went to Animal Kingdom for the first time and thought it was great. the Festival of the Lion King show was definately a highlight and also the Kilimanjaro Safari. Dinosaur was closed unfortunatley [msnsad].

Also went to Universal Studios our daughter got a lot out of that, she loved the Barney show, Curious George's water playground and Fievel's playland. Although I think the highlight for her was getting her picture taken with Barney and her current 'hero', Shrek !

Oh, and the Mummy ride..........only one thing to say about that - AWESOME (but over too quickly). My husband and I had to ride separately obviously, and I ended up being over an hour as it broke down just as I got to the top of the stairs ! Apparently it's been having teething problems or 'technical difficulties', often once a day. But it was worth the wait...........full of unexpected twists and turns (and a huge drop somewhere! [msnoo]) the visuals are amazing, well worth a visit.

Didn't get to any other parks but did plenty shopping at Millenia, Florida Mall, Belz and Premium outlets :).

Food was fabulous as usual. We love the Longhorn Steakhouses, Outback and Chilis. Wanted to try Carraba's Italian but didn't make it unfortunatley.

Well, that's it for another year :D

kaysvacationvilla
01-06-2004, 17:58
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :D We missed the Mummy Ride by a couple of weeks. So that is our excuse for going back in October.

Great Report

Kay

smblair
01-06-2004, 18:04
Kay - great excuse !

Meant to say..........has anyone seen Shrek 2 ? We went to see it last week, it's excellent, a kids film but with plenty adult humour thrown in :D