PDA

View Full Version : Watching the world go by

John Boy
31-05-2004, 16:59
Bridget asked what and where are good bars to visit where you could sit outside

That made me wonder with all the people that visit this site that we could get a great list together of favourite watering hols so I asked the question under general chat.

Now this has degenerated into a 'my best place is at the pool with a G&T after a long day at the parks' scenario.

Well that’s not the question we don’t want to know how many of you think that your pool is the best place we just want to know about good watering holes to visit Please

So here goes again

One of mine is the The Ale House on OBT opposite Best Buy

The best time to visit is between 5 and 8pm when all the locals come out of the offices. Sit at the bar and just listen to all the things that go on its great fun and the food is good too.

Asked to be served by Desiree the best waitress there.

Newhomebuyer
31-05-2004, 19:22
I know it's a bit theme park like, but I love the cocktail bar on the dock at DD particularly as all the light go on and the sun starts to set.
As I said earlier, I also enjoy a number of places opposite the lake in Celebration.

John Boy
31-05-2004, 19:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
I know it's a bit theme park like, but I love the cocktail bar on the dock at DD particularly as all the light go on and the sun starts to set.
As I said earlier, I also enjoy a number of places opposite the lake in Celebration.
[/quote]

Yeah especially the one in celebration that sits on the corner by the road that has the trees giving shade (hate not remembering names but will remember). Spent a few mornings there on a sunday having a bun and coffee while reading the news papers

Newhomebuyer
31-05-2004, 20:35
It's Barnie's[msnsmile]

treena
31-05-2004, 22:05
Just had a thought that maybe while researching bars etc to go to and I like the sound of something can I put the name on this thread to see if any one else knows it and get a mini review?
Hope this makes sense[:I]

John Boy
01-06-2004, 02:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by treena
Just had a thought that maybe while researching bars etc to go to and I like the sound of something can I put the name on this thread to see if any one else knows it and get a mini review?
Hope this makes sense[:I]
[/quote]

I dont see why not

george
01-06-2004, 02:48
Like John Boy it's The Ale House on OBT for me every time;)

chrisj
01-06-2004, 03:17
Where is this Ale House George, must pay a visit

John Boy
01-06-2004, 03:46
If you know the cross roads of OBT and Sandlake it is just south of here on OBT by about 200 yards next to Rooms to Go and on the opposite side of the road to Best Buy

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
Where is this Ale House George, must pay a visit
[/quote]

chrisj
01-06-2004, 13:44
Cheers John Boy, will have to pop in and have a few one night when the wife is driving :)

Bamboo Benny
03-06-2004, 19:09
It can only be the one and only Big Bamboo Lounge on the 192, near junction 535.

The place is a gold mine. Looks dreadful from the outside. My mother would wanna clean the place from top to bottom, but that is the charm of the place. Check it out.

Beer served in jam jars. Tables are giant cable reels. Artifacts from all over the world in there.

Everyone I have ever taken there has loved the place !

chrisj
03-06-2004, 19:38
Jam jars now thats a new one on me