PDA

View Full Version : Back from the trip

sharlene
31-05-2004, 14:31
My first message in this forum, I was still looking for villas and trying to get visas for my kids. How time flies...I'm now back in the Philippines.

We rented a villa at windsor palms and enjoyed our stay there. only, the owners weren't true to what they had advertised like a TV in every room. We only had TV in the Masters bedroom and in the living room. we rented a 4 bedroom villa. But it was not really a big deal for us since we were out most of the time. It's just sad to note that they decieve people in their Ads.

Out of the 8 days, we went to 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, MGM, Universal and IOA). my kids are ages 3,5,8 & 9 so I had to choose carefully which themeparks to go to and not waste time and money. Didn't like MGM that much but kids enjoyed seeing all the disney characters. 1 day was spent shopping at the Premium Outlet, and the rest of the days, we just stayed at the villa...relaxed while kids went swimming in the pool. Water was very cold and i didn't pay for heating coz i thought we wouldn't need it, May being very hot already in Florida. They did enjoy swimming in the club pool, though. They called it the big pool. At least now, having more experience with villas, I would know what to look for next time. We had a small pool but didn't really bother checking out the size since my kids are still very young...they wouldn't even mind if i let them swim in an inflated pool :D

I liked Windsor Palms because its close to everything but would like to try other communities next time. Since I love cooking, spent my time in the kitchen and had most of our meals in the villa, except for lunches when we are out.

A lot of people haven't heard of villas for rent in Florida...i told everybody I talked to about it. I learned about this by chance also. Two years ago, we stayed in a disney hotel and spent so much for food and accommodation. Should have known about the villas for rent then...

This forum really helped me a lot when planning for my trip. Thanks a lot. Will be awhile before my next US trip...but will make sure I check this forum from time to time for updates.

blott
31-05-2004, 16:08
Sharlene, did you rent your villa via one of the OV.com websites as I'm sure John or Roger would be interested in the owner who advertised something that wasn't there?

Thank you for your advertising efforts on our behalf. I know that lots of people don't realise that there are such things as villas to rent in Florida so every little helps! Thank you also for your trip report as it's always important and interesting to get feedback from guests.