PDA

View Full Version : Hats and Jackets

rosie
30-05-2004, 12:10
My 17 year old has asked us to get an Avirex jacket, a new era 5950 hat and an Ecko hoody while we are out there next week. Now if anyone knows what that means and knows where to buy the aforementioned items I would be eternally grateful LOL.

My guess is they are ultra trendy brands which would explain why I've never heard of them. When I was 17 the closet thing to branded sportswear we ever saw was a pair of Dunlop plimsolls !!!!

Any help appreciated.

Rhosyn
30-05-2004, 12:36
Rosie you are up early this morning, Can't help at the moment on the gear for the 17 year old but when mine awake after noon will ask them as they must know every shop in the orlando area. I remember Dunlop plimsolls must be going back about................................well a few years.
Beryl

Trina
30-05-2004, 12:52
Morning Beryl @ Rosie

Once again when the teens emerge after noon I will see if they can help!!

Trina:)

rosie
30-05-2004, 13:08
Thanks Beryl and Trina

good to know mine isn't the only one who doesn't appear before lunchtime at the weekend.

Had to be up early today Beryl, I'm working over the Bank holiday w/e to save my holiday entitlement for when the house is ready :)

steph_goodrum
30-05-2004, 13:20
Rosie
If my 17 year old gave me such a precise shopping list I'd make her do the research on the net and find out where to buy them.

rosie
30-05-2004, 13:52
Steph

good point, I'll leave him a note.

rosie
30-05-2004, 14:29
Well I took Steph's advice and kicked him out of bed.

The nearest place for the jackets is NY!!! so thats off the list. The hats are everywhere and the Ecko stuff is at Dillards.

Thanks Steph.

Oh to have a Chav for a son :D:D:D

brizzle
31-05-2004, 12:11
They sell Ecko Ltd clothing at Premium Outlets so the shop that sells that may also do the other brands (which to be honest I have not heard of).
I think Belz also had a store that did Ecko Ltd wares so it seems to be fairly available to buy.

Brizzle

P.S I assume hoody means hooded sweatshirt

the teacher
31-05-2004, 12:44
[msncool]Avirex is a top seller of leather jackets, often in unusual colours, often with all sorts of embroidery/sewn on bits and pieces. they must be sold somewhere in orlando! if not a SHORT drive to miami should do the trick.
good luck searching.
[msncool]

rosie
31-05-2004, 13:07
Brizzle, your not alone, I had never heard of the jackets or hats and only know of Ecko as he already has a couple. I think I can talk myself into a trip to Premium outlets :D

And yes a hoody is a hooded sweatshirt, obligatory it seems even in the heat of summer!!! go figure.

Thanks teacher will keep an eye out for anywhere that sells them in Orlando but don't think we'll manage Miami this trip. Theres a shop in Oxford St that sells them so may end up just going there after we get back.

fiona
31-05-2004, 15:22
You want to be careful telling them to investigate where to shop on the net. I spent Christmas hols driving YD (aged 15) round looking for shoes and a handbag from one mall to another - ones I had never heard of in some cases. Found the shoes. The handbag was tracked down during our 4 night stay in NY on the way home. Of course ED joined in as well, so I soon learnt to pack DB off to the golf course as patience is not his forte in these situations.

If it's alot cheaper in the US might be worth ordering for delivery while you are out there - the jacket I mean!

Last year she was into dunlop plimsolls - have you seen the colours they come in? - now it is 80's retro - legwarmers, multicoloured (and do I mean MULTI) skirt etc. And to think it is the eldest doing a fashion degree!

rosie
12-06-2004, 12:20
Thanks for all the help guys, I managed to get him a selection of hats and hoody's. Now he can't wait to come out with us at Christmas and do his own shopping LOL.