PDA

View Full Version : Lake Louise

Pelican
28-05-2004, 02:16
Anybody visited lake louise in the clermont area? Or is this a fantasy place?????? Is there a web site

Pelican

george
28-05-2004, 02:27
Its on highway 27. Info from the Florida State Parks web site

Jill
28-05-2004, 03:27
Stuart and Andrew visited last week and were a little disappointed with this park compared to some of the others we have visited. They said that the trails and camping were open but the boating as advertised was not available.

jeffc
28-05-2004, 06:13
the park is just mainly for picnics and people wanting to use there own boats on the lake...

bbq pits available in the picnic areas..

nice on a weekend watching the people playing at boating getting grounded on the grass verges...

but if you expect rides etc not for you...

Beverley
28-05-2004, 12:29
Hi Pelican
State park info can be found on the following website

http://www.floridastateparks.org/lakelouisa/default.asp

Pelican
28-05-2004, 23:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jeffc
the park is just mainly for picnics and people wanting to use there own boats on the lake...

bbq pits available in the picnic areas..

nice on a weekend watching the people playing at boating getting grounded on the grass verges...

but if you expect rides etc not for you...
[/quote]

jon2211
31-05-2004, 23:16
I was a little disappointed when I visited. I thought that you would be able to go horse riding and rent out boats but you have to supply your own (horses and boats).

It was pretty relaxing though to sit by the lake after the whirl of the theme parks.

chrizzy100
31-05-2004, 23:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jon2211
I was a little disappointed when I visited. I thought that you would be able to go horse riding and rent out boats but you have to supply your own (horses and boats).

It was pretty relaxing though to sit by the lake after the whirl of the theme parks.
[/quote]

It looks nice......what kind of boats did people have...??

jeffc
01-06-2004, 01:29
weve just spent 4 hours having a bbq and picnic ..

seen about 6 boats all day from what looks like the other side of the lake near to clermont boats ranged from pontoon to speed boats..

nice few hours lazing around with the boys..

wilfy
01-06-2004, 01:44
I can recommend the lake louise near Banff in Alberta Canada, absolutely wonderful place. [:p]

chrizzy100
01-06-2004, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
I can recommend the lake louise near Banff in Alberta Canada, absolutely wonderful place. [:p]
[/quote]

I've been there too.....:D

george
01-06-2004, 02:50
I didn't know it went that far North !!!!:D:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
[/quote]

Calamity Jane
02-06-2004, 13:32
Lake Louisa is a fantastic place to go, a lot to see and do, take a picnic with you. The wildlife is amazing and if you look carefully you will see all sorts. It is one of my favourite places to go when I want a relaxing day.:)

george
02-06-2004, 22:58
karen
Florida or canada Lake louisa?<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Calamity Jane
Lake Louisa is a fantastic place to go, a lot to see and do, take a picnic with you. The wildlife is amazing and if you look carefully you will see all sorts. It is one of my favourite places to go when I want a relaxing day.:)
[/quote]

Calamity Jane
03-06-2004, 12:31
George... I do Florida in the morning and as it gets a little warmer during the day I then "zip" over to Canada in my private jet [8D][8D]:D:D ( wishful thinking !!)