PDA

View Full Version : SUPER DOOPER EXPRESS PASS FOR US & IOA

Elaine62
27-05-2004, 01:04
Last year when we visited as we entered the parks we were being offered the chance to get an improved version of the fastpass for $25(circa) a head valid once per ride and on that day only. Has anyone ever taken advantage of this and does it save time and money ie. does it mean you only need to visit once to get round the park and get on everything?

Elaine

chrisj
27-05-2004, 01:10
Some people here have mentioned they have used them and that they get round the park in one
day. So it does save time, not sure it saves money though as the price is over and above the
normal park entrance

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-05-2004, 01:14
We've done the whole of IOA and Universal in one day with time to spare using one of these passes. That was on a busy day too. Well worth it if you ask me [msnsmile2].

I've written a page for one of our sites about them which gives further details:

http://www.park-tickets.com/UniversalExpress.aspx

Elaine62
27-05-2004, 01:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We've done the whole of IOA and Universal in one day with time to spare using one of these passes. That was on a busy day too. Well worth it if you ask me [msnsmile2].

I've written a page for one of our sites about them which gives further details:

[/quote]

can you advise the price of the combo, is it $50 or cheaper?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-05-2004, 02:43
It was about $28 if I recall correctly.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[/quote]

can you advise the price of the combo, is it $50 or cheaper?
[/quote]

Susan J
27-05-2004, 14:18
Surely more than that Roger ? It was $30 for one park at Easter - I didn't know about the combo, or we would have had that !! We did Iof A in 3and a half hours - only thing we missed was the painful special effects thing thats name escapes me - and I won a massive toy in that time too:D

mikewj
27-05-2004, 14:30
I guess that the "painful special effects thing" is Poseidon's Fury, which is extremely painful on the feet if you leave it until last after a full day. [msnsad]

The queue seems to last for decades and then its just standing up and shuffling forwards in front of numerous events.

You cant fault the spectacle, but I'm not sure about its execution.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-05-2004, 17:14
I don't recall paying over $30 for it. I may be wrong though as it's a couple of months since we went now.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
Surely more than that Roger ? It was $30 for one park at Easter - I didn't know about the combo, or we would have had that !! We did Iof A in 3and a half hours - only thing we missed was the painful special effects thing thats name escapes me - and I won a massive toy in that time too:D
[/quote]

NickClark
27-05-2004, 17:26
We purchased them at easter $25 per person per park per day. I was told that no deal was available for both parks so I would need to buy a further ticket at $25 per person to do both parks in 1 day with the express pass.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-05-2004, 23:23
You were told the wrong thing - there is definitely a Combo ticket that does both parks - I have a picture of the one I had on the following page:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
We purchased them at easter $25 per person per park per day. I was told that no deal was available for both parks so I would need to buy a further ticket at $25 per person to do both parks in 1 day with the express pass.
[/quote]

Elaine62
29-05-2004, 22:49
I've had a search of the US site and can't see the price of either the single or the combo, does anyone know where it can be verified?

Elaine

Susan J
01-06-2004, 21:09
I was including taxes in my estimate of $30 each at EAster this year - no combo pass was on offer, or publicised - I will definitely be buying in July, so I will find out then !

ujpest doza
02-06-2004, 14:21
We enquired about buying them, but the girl at the sales booth actually advised us against it as she said the 2 parks weren't busy enough to warrant it and we would be wasting our money.

Funnily enough she was right and there were minimal queues particularly at IOA.

We shared a table with a man from Jacksonville and his kids at MGM (spends a weekend at Disney once a fortnite using Florida residents discount) and he said that it was widely known that Universal Studios and IOA were struggling to compete for visitor numbers with Disney and that the 2 parks were rarely busy. He cited the fact that most familys visiting central Florida did so with younger children and therefore found more attractions appealing at Disney than at Universal.
He was a nice man who was on sick leave from General Motors after a heart bypass operation. He gave me his General Motors business card and said it would get straight onto Test Track without standing in line and even quicker than a fast pass. Apparently General Motors employees can also have a free lunch at test track after their ride!

ravtino
02-06-2004, 18:30
Well did it get you straight on?

ujpest doza
02-06-2004, 20:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
Well did it get you straight on?
[/quote]
We didn't go to EPCOT so i don't know whether we would have got sussed or not.
He actually gave me his business card for another reason, but said it would be good for the test track ride as well.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-06-2004, 06:07
Just to clear up the issue of the Combo Express Plus passes - we were at Universal today and asked about them. Apparently they have been withdrawn for the summer but will be re-introduced later in the year.

Also the individual park Express Plus passes have gone up significantly with a one day pass now $38.95 (was about $26 at Christmas last year). We decided this was too much and just used the standard Express passes instead.

Susan J
08-06-2004, 13:56
Aah that helps clear my fuddled mind - I thought it was over $30 at Easter !! Getting to be "first and second class" isn't it ?!
How were the queues though ? Did you regret the decision ?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-06-2004, 16:47
The queues (lines) were pretty bad I'm afraid but we did not regret the descision as I do not think the single park Express Plus passes are good value and there is not enough we desperately want to go on at Universal to warrant the extra expense. If it was IOA I might have been tempted as there's more we love going on there.

We did get to go on the rides and shows we wanted to and had a nice walk round so a good day was had by all.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
Aah that helps clear my fuddled mind - I thought it was over $30 at Easter !! Getting to be "first and second class" isn't it ?!
How were the queues though ? Did you regret the decision ?
[/quote]

trevlad
08-06-2004, 17:12
JOHN
DO YOU JUST BUY THE ONE DAY PLUS A FREEBIE TICKET, OR THE ,IS IT? 3 PLUS 11 DAYS FREE?

LAST YEAR WE WENT FOR 3 WEEKS AND GOT THE 10 DAY DISNEY AND 14 DAY UNI. FOR US DISNEY IS THE MAN BUT MY 13 YEAR OLD LOVED THE HULK ETC.
ANY THOUGHTS
TREV[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-06-2004, 17:19
We have Annual Passes so just use them [msnsmile]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
JOHN
DO YOU JUST BUY THE ONE DAY PLUS A FREEBIE TICKET, OR THE ,IS IT? 3 PLUS 11 DAYS FREE?

LAST YEAR WE WENT FOR 3 WEEKS AND GOT THE 10 DAY DISNEY AND 14 DAY UNI. FOR US DISNEY IS THE MAN BUT MY 13 YEAR OLD LOVED THE HULK ETC.
ANY THOUGHTS
TREV[8D]
[/quote]