PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens

Nostromo
26-05-2004, 23:39
I don't know about others, but we found Walgreens useful to buy odds and ends while staying in a villa. Although it is basically a Chemist chain like Boots, they sell a few DIY and household stuff as well. The prices are competitive and there is one conveniently located near Winn-Dixie on US27. Others, like the one on US192 are open 24 hours.

chrisj
27-05-2004, 01:11
We never went to one ourselves, but will have a look round one this year

Sharon G
27-05-2004, 01:16
They sell really nice greetings cards, wrapping paper and gift boxes.
Went into one last time we were over for the first time,to get some stationery and a birthday card......worth a look!!

Sharon

steph_goodrum
27-05-2004, 01:28
Also bread and milk etc if you arrive too late for the supermarkets.

Beverley
27-05-2004, 01:32
We have a Walgreens about 3 minutes away.

We have always used them on previous visits to Florida for bits 'n' pieces.
Last Christmas we popped in for a greeting card & some milk & bought a couple of DVD's, for the boys, at the same time.

Susan J
27-05-2004, 14:22
And none of you have yet mentioned that they sell KRISPY KREMES !!!!

mikewj
27-05-2004, 14:34
Gon on then, what is a Krispy Kreme ?

Is it anything like a Twinkie.....mmmmmmm Twinkies [msntongue][msntongue]

Susan J
27-05-2004, 15:45
Krispy Kremes are rather wonderful Doughnuts - I have a thing for them [ well avoiding them in case I eat too many :)]
The raspberry ones are gorgeous, or the Strawberry Shortcake - oh could I eat one now :D

mikewj
27-05-2004, 15:49
I'll have to keep an eye out for them next time we're doing the food shop.

TonyBlenk
27-05-2004, 16:09
It's also has to be mentioned that having Wallgreens and Eckerds close is handy for Prozac when villa ownership sends people scatty!!

CarolAnn
27-05-2004, 19:40
We used Walgreens on US27 to print some pictures from our Digital camara. Just popped our smart media in the macine and picked what we wanted to print! Pictures were lousy, blame the photographer(?), but it was serve yourself,and VERY cheap and quick!!
Bought some laxatives in there too, but we don't want to go there!!
By the way, Walgreens is 'The brand America Trusts'.

imported_n/a
28-05-2004, 19:30
Walgreens was great for us last Christmas, whilst staying in our villa. We bought some wonderful Christmasy Ornaments in there, and some cards and paper!
Krispy Kremes are the best doughnuts in the world, and i heard that the UK are suposed to be selling them soon?

Oh yeah, and a few shops down my way, (Gloucestershire) are starting to sell Hershey Cookies and Cream, and resses.
Cookies and Cream are the best Chocolate Bars EVER![msnsmile2]

Has anyone heard anything about selling Hersheys and Krispy Kremes, in the UK?[?]

Cheers Then!
Chris

TonyBlenk
28-05-2004, 19:48
Krispy Kremes opened their first UK store in Enfield. Middx. and there's also an outlet in Harrods.

They're hoping to expand (like waistlines!) in the UK - there's loads of job opportunities coming up - I might even accept a salary in doughnuts!

http://www.krispykreme.com/uk.html#

mikewj
12-06-2004, 08:20
Bought some Krispy Cremes from the Walgreens in Key West....very nice, but I still prefer Hostess Twinkies.

Ray&Sarah
12-06-2004, 12:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]

Oh yeah, and a few shops down my way, (Gloucestershire) are starting to sell Hershey Cookies and Cream, and resses.
Cookies and Cream are the best Chocolate Bars EVER![msnsmile2]

Has anyone heard anything about selling Hersheys and Krispy Kremes, in the UK?[?]

Cheers Then!
Chris
[/quote]

Chris, where about in Glos can you buy Hersheys cookies, we are from Glos too and our youngest son loves them.[msnsmile2]

imported_n/a
12-06-2004, 16:46
umm, well when i was in cheltenham, theres a newsagents shop, like opposite iceland, near hmv sort of thing! And also found them at Wyevale in Brockworth, the garden centre![msntongue]

LiesaAnna
12-09-2004, 17:51
walgreens had perfumes in gift boxes reduced or on special offer at the time we were looking for cheapie pressies for friends kids, Adidas charlie etc really nice for $3 what a stocking filler!!!!:)

CarolAnn
12-09-2004, 18:03
We printed some of our digital pics in Walgreens too, there is one about 3 minutes from our villa :)