PDA

View Full Version : Advice for villa rental needed

grace2much
26-05-2004, 01:52
Hi, We are hopefully going out to Florida within the next 2 months (we are flexible) for a 2 - 2.5 holiday and are looking for a villa. We have a 4 year old son so the height restrictions at Disney etc will not allow him to go on the rides, with that in mind we are looking for a 3 bed villa with a pool outside the immediate close 15 mins area around Disney. Anything up to 40 mins from Disney would be fine. While we are out we will be looking for a villa to buy as well, but that’s for another post:)

With being outside the 15 mins area around Disney will this give us a better vila for the $? I would really appreciate any advice and even firm choices of where (what area) I should concentrate my search....there is so many places...........[msneek]

On a related theme with our 4 year old (Joshua) can you find pools with a toddler safe area?

Many thanks,

George

Cowboy
26-05-2004, 02:11
Hi George,
Welcome to the forum.
First of all, owners are not allowed to respond to enquiries unless they are sent via the correct channels on one of the site owners sites which you can link to at the top of this page. Complete all the information and in the Comments section, add your specific requests such toddler safety areas.
Mike.

Carla
26-05-2004, 02:26
The vast majority of the vacation rental homes are a maximum of 20 minutes away from Disney, George. If you intend to spend more time at the villa, rather than doing the parks, then you might want to look at those villas which offer the sort of facilities that you will use. Decide what is important for your family and then send out an enquiry for your dates via www.orlandovillas.com www.villasflorida.com and www.onlinefloridavillas.com

By making an enquiry on all 3 sites you'll get the maximum choice for your dates and can then filter through the replies to see which home suits you best.

Have a great time.
:D:D:D

steph_goodrum
26-05-2004, 02:41
Hi George and welcome
I think you'll find plenty of rides Joshua can go on in Disney. They are geared up for most ages , but you will probably find that physically it will be too demanding to go every day. There is no pleasure for anyone with an overtired toddler.
As the others have said look for the sort of accommodation that will suit your family and then even if you're not going anywhere it will still feel like special quality time with him, rather than stuck somewhere with just the tv to look at.

Carla
26-05-2004, 02:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]On a related theme with our 4 year old (Joshua) can you find pools with a toddler safe area?

Many thanks,

George
[/quote]

Regardless of what pool safety may be in place (door alarms or fencing around the pool), I'd buy one of those floating vests from Wal-Mart that fit on the upper body of a child, and I'd make sure that he wears it all the time. They are very lightweight and designed for children his age to wear whenever they are near water. If he falls in, then at least you'll know that he'll float until you can get him out.

When my son was 4 we visited friends in New Jersey. They had a pool, and Ian wore the orange float-vest the whole time he was anywhere near the pool. He could barely swim when we arrived and his "floatie" gave him the confidence to be a bit more adventurous. By the time we went home he was a good little swimmer and confident in the water (albeit still wearing his floatie).
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Ruth
26-05-2004, 02:51
James was only 3 and a half at Christmas when we were over but was still tall enough for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Test Track and Tower of Terror and loved them all:D:D

Ray&Sarah
26-05-2004, 02:59
Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your break in Florida, we bet you will want to go back and back.:)

grace2much
26-05-2004, 05:19
Thanks all for the very helpful and frendly advice. I will make a list of needs and post on the three sites as Carla said and the info on the floating vest is one we will use for sure.

Next, I need some advice on the ordering of my next move. Should I arrange my flights and then try for a villa to suit these dates or get the villa first?

Thanks, George

Carla
26-05-2004, 05:24
You really need to look for both almost simultaneously at this late date. Since you want to go in the next couple of months then you'll need to find out about flights. You can then put the flights on a 24 hour hold, while you send out an enquiry for the villas. Mention in your enquiry that your dates are a little flexible and then those owners who have availability around your dates will also reply to you.

When you find the "must have" villa, hopefully the held flight dates will match with availability dates for your chosen villa. If not, then see if you can get flights to suit. It's a bit of a juggling game when you are going last minute, but I'm sure that you'll be able to sort the two items so that you are happy with both.

hamptonlakes
26-05-2004, 14:15
Hi George and welcome to the forum.

With regards Joshua, i took my little boy last year November and he is 4 years old and he went on loads Tower Of Terror for example plus there is so much for him and you to do including shows especially Bear In The Big Blue House Live and friends is a must.

Most if not all homes will have either a pool safety fence or door alarms or both but as Carlas says a life vest would be a great idea and you would be able to use this in the water parks if you decide to go.

I would suggest you try getting flights first and see whats about and then hold these flights for a day or 2 and then send an enquiry via the above websites and see what comes back.

I wish you luck and if i can be of any help please let me know and i can assure you Joshua is not to young to enjoy the Magic and thrills of Disney because I know my little boy Connor really enjoys it.

Here is a picture of me and Connor on the Tower Of terror last year:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/hamptonlakes/200452610156_towerofterror.JPG

tezz7628
03-06-2004, 14:30
that life vest isn't those that tip upside down i've seen on some forums is it?

trevlad
03-06-2004, 15:21
i agree with wes
at 4 years old you can pretty much take kids anyway, depending on height restrictions etc. its when they become a bit older and know they are scared. but by then they know what they like also so it works both ways.
how about trying the tea cup and saucer ride as your magic kingdom opener?. also at typhoon lagoon there is a kids area you can hire good float jackets and in the older bit the smaller of the two big water rides is great for little uns where they go down in a ring on their own. obviously you go first or behind! plus of course the family ride where you're in a big one together. the longer solo ride is now quite quick and can be bumpy, but is still great fun.(great to see the smile/suprise on there faces.

you will find lots of things to do at each park. try to get the park guides before you go, or someone suggested get there early ,get the guide, then have 15 mins over a coffee and juice planning the day.

i'm so jealous i'm gonna book another holiday!!
trev [8D]

Carla
03-06-2004, 23:25
The only ones that I have used are the ones recommended as safe in Wal-Mart. Most of the floation is at the top, around the shoulder and chest area of the child. My son, when 4, never had any problems whatsoever. Maybe a very little child might, since the vest could end up covering most of the body, but they are not recommended for under 3s any way.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
that life vest isn't those that tip upside down i've seen on some forums is it?
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
04-06-2004, 02:58
"that life vest isn't those that tip upside down i've seen on some forums is it?"

I think what you may be thinking of Tezz is the flotation devices that are like a seat with a ring round it. There were several cases reported of children being trapped underneath them when they tipped as if they have larger legs and the legs holes are a snug fit then obviously the children could not get out. (Not that thye should ever have been left unsupervised anyway). The latest design has a larger square base which presumably helps stop it tipping over.

Susan J
04-06-2004, 15:30
Its like taking a child to look in the sweet shop window, not taking them on rides - rides are asmall part of it anyway !!
Get one near to Disney, and a have a whale of a time :)

gromit
04-06-2004, 17:25
Dear Grace

I think you'll have a great time and will want to go back. Having been to the parks several times myself I think you'll want to have days off inbetween them so as to enjoy them to the full and not get too tired.

With that in mind you'll want to stay somewhere where there are things to do inbetween. When booking a villa we have always considered the following: Facilities at the villa such as, pool, spa, childrens games, BBQ, games room as well as the every day laundry facilities etc. A Disney themed room or something would be good for your son.

Secondly then look at the location of the villa, not just in terms of how many miles it is from Disney but thing like is there a community pool, childrens playground, beach, internet access, gym etc. Then look at being near restaurants and a supermarket etc.

If you are planning to go in the next 2 months you'll be able to get a good last minute deal somewhere even some larger properties offer good rates if they have availability. Maybe try looking at Terra Verde or Emerald Isle both are good locations and offer a resort community as well as having your own villa with pool.

Have a good holiday