PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton World Resort, Orlando

boo-yeh
24-05-2004, 17:34
I'd really appreciate the low-down on this place as we are there for the first week of our holiday in July (it looks really convenient for SeaWorld).

Some the reviews I've seen are not good and I understand that you have to get accommodation in 'The Tower' to get anything half tidy.

If anyone who has stayed there could help - much appreciated.

[msnscared]

Carla
24-05-2004, 18:29
We stayed there a few years back. The room was on the ground floor overlooking one of the pools and some crazy golf which was nice, but it was a small room with a miniscule bathroom!!! Only just enough room for two ordinary doubles and a child's rollaway!! Now you know why we went down the villa route.
:D:D:D

boo-yeh
24-05-2004, 18:49
Thanks Carla.

Just a bit concerned about comments I have seen about cleanliness etc. Provided that it is clean and tidy, the location is the most important consideration. After all we don't intend spending a huge amount of time there - will be saving the 'chilling' time for the Gulf Coast.

I think we will be going the villa route next year as the kids are at 'that' sort of age where to have them in close proximity for more than a few hours is traumatic for all concerned - don't ya just love teenagers!!?!

[msnsmile]

DMC
24-05-2004, 19:21
Although we have never stayed there we have passed it many times and I looks ok from the outside although some of the rooms look no better than a "brightly" painted Roadside Motel.

When we were in Orlando 2 weeks ago they had an issue with security, which made the local Fox 35 News as they had a "flasher" in and around the pool area.

They didn't catch the guy at the time although they suspect that he was the same person who did something similar during last year.

There are a number of good Hotels along I' Drive that are very convenient for all the attractions, so some of these might be worth a look, we always stay in the Rosen Plaza.

Hope this helps.

shepaul
27-05-2004, 17:35
hi boo-yeh,

I was surprised to read those reviews as well. Sheila and I got married there in 1997 and at that time the tower didn't exist, but the rooms were clean and tidy (at least until we got there!, and all of the hotel facilities were excellent. Guess it's possible that things have changed over time.

As for location, it is very convenient for SeaWorld and International Drive, and if you've hired a car, an easy journey to DWR.

Hope this helps,

Only 4 months 29 days to go!

Paaul & Sheila[msncool]

boo-yeh
27-05-2004, 19:01
Thanks for that... something to make me feel a little better about the place at last.

Regarding the location, are there any restaurants, bars, shops and the like within walking distance that you can recall? [msntongue]

By the way, six weeks tomorrow 'til we go - ye ha!

Carla
27-05-2004, 22:38
There is a precinct across the road and I'm sure that there is a Steak 'n Shake there, plus another restaurant (can't remember the name).

Other restaurants like Cafe TuTu Tango, Race Rock, Olive Garden, Tony Romas are all within very easy driving distance.

shepaul
28-05-2004, 02:20
The other restaurant in the precinct across the road is Bennigans (i think that's what its called) and it has been our first night eatery every time we have been to Orlando.

Paul & Sheila:D

boo-yeh
01-06-2004, 12:50
Excellent - Bennigans is one of my family's favourites so that's likely to be our first (of many) indulgences.
[msntongue]