PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's Dinner Adventure

Pikey1999
22-05-2004, 02:51
Has anybody been to this show?
It has good reports in Majorca but what's it like in Orlando?
We will have children aged from 3 to 13 with us.
Is it worth going to?
Thanks in advance. :)

LesleyB
22-05-2004, 03:46
Hi Pikey1999

Tried to find something for you on the search facility, but the information dated back to 2002, so it would be good to hear from someone who had been recently to this show. We are also looking to see this show in October and would appreciate people's opinions (our kids will be 6 and 10 then).

Lesley

tinkerbell
22-05-2004, 13:18
I went in January and have posted many times about how wodnerful it was so am surprised you found nothing!

This is a really great fun for all show if you go with an open mind. No, the food's not up to much and the free wine/beer leaves a little room for improvement, but hey! The show was so fun, and the waiters and theming were excellent, I have been to every dinner show in orlando, my favourite used to be Wild Bill's, but Pirates beats this even it was still open!

You'll have a great time! Children will love it! Make sure you get there early enough to soak up the atmosphere in the pre-show areas.

LesleyB
22-05-2004, 16:34
Thanks Tink

We will definitely give this a try in October.

Lesley

adh619
22-05-2004, 19:27
we did it in April this year (International Drive ) it was FAB - get there early to sit in the front ($5 extra but it is worth it) :D:D:D

Pikey1999
22-05-2004, 21:22
I couldn't find much on a search of the forum either.

tinkerbell
23-05-2004, 00:47
If you type in just the word 'pirates' into teh search I think every post I have made comes up! I probably called it something other than its proper name which will have caused problems!! Hope this helps!

hasnadsam1
23-05-2004, 23:25
Hi Pikey
We saw the show on our last visit to Orlando August 2003.
and here is the report:
Parking : easy on the premises.
when you enter the preshow area you will be given snacks that will not come to much , just few crisps and salads.
there is the usual attempts to suck every last dollar from your pockets ie: pirate hats ,swords, fake daggers and guns .... you get the picture! then you get lined up and admitted to the show area following your pirate. the arena is very nice ,nothing that Las Vegas shows will be proud of but very reasonable.
The food is JUST OK but edible and the show is very watchable.

Watch out at the end your waiter will ask you for a huge tip. in the nicest way , you can just ignore him/her and head for the door.
over all very reasonable show indeed.
[B)]

Pikey1999
24-05-2004, 20:11
Thanks. [8D]

sandra777
25-05-2004, 23:29
Hi Pikey

Having been to the one in Orlando (last year) and the one in Majorca in 2001 I thought the one in Orlando was much better and far more fun.

Pikey1999
25-05-2004, 23:46
Thanks Sandra.
Nearly went to the one in Majorca last year but didn't in the end.
Later found out that our daughter knew one of the performers from her Gymnastics club.
I think we will go to this show in Orlando.

Now the question is - would you suggest booking it on-line here and getting a $5 discount or could we get a better discount, using any free coupons, over in the states?

Cheers... [8D]

sandra777
26-05-2004, 04:19
Hi Pikey

Probably best to get your tickets here. The internet deals tend to be better and sometimes the coupons in the states are conditional.

tinkerbell
26-05-2004, 22:02
I dont really think it makes much difference if your discount is only $5. there are absolutely tons of discount leaflets out there which all mention pirates. When are you going?

finishrich
05-09-2004, 04:34
Noticed quite a difference in prices for the dinner show between various websites, so shop around for the best.

mizzy
30-10-2005, 16:03
Hi
i just thought it would be nice to update this info

we did this dinner show in March 2005 and i would certainly recommend it

we had 4 children with us and they where 11,11,8,6 years

it was a good family friendly night

the food was ok nothing spectacular but the kids loved the show and we paid extra for front row seats which guarantees character interaction during the performance

the kids who took part in the show got certificates for being a pirate

our waiter was very nice and he did not pressure us for a tip ( but he got one anyway)

the "set" is spectacular and the story/plot easy for the kids to follow

goodies vs baddies etc

overall a really enjoyable night

Mizzy

neild292
17-11-2005, 01:50
Its a brillant night out for all the family. Free booze :)but food is only ok[msnsad]

Ana
17-11-2005, 15:57
We went here at Easter - the kids loved it and would definitely go again.

There are usually discount coupons for this in the books you get in the shops & restaurants.

ncmurray
11-01-2006, 23:25
I feel like the kid who sees that the emperor has no clothes!!!! We went to see this show over Christmas, and I can put my hand on my heart and say that it has to one of the worst night's entertainment we have ever experienced. I will grant that the set was very good, but apart from that, it was a disaster. the only part of the storyline I understood was that the pirates wanted to kill the princess, but she lived in the end. I know I wasn't the only one thinking that they should kill her off, and put us all out of our misery[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]. As for the food!!! I have tried to remember a worse meal, and can honestly say that in all my 40 odd years I have never had anything like it. The carrots were the only thing on the plate that was passable. And for all this, we paid in excess of $200[msncry][msncry][msncry] I'm sorry to say these negative things, and I have usually a very positive outlook on life, but I really had to get this off my chest.

Verdict (IMHO) Avoid this show like you would avoid the plague!!!!!

pizzacheaze
02-06-2007, 08:14
Pirates really do exist!

We went to this show and we left thinking we had been robbed by real life Pirates!

Pre show was just to make you spend money on tack, $6 for a cotton headband or tiny flag.

Food was cold.

Show was not very good and I couldnt follow what was going on.

Unlimited beer and drinks consisted of 2 drinks.

To top it off you were handed the plate for a tip which suggested $5 per adult and $3 per child.

Avoid.

mizzy
02-06-2007, 15:15
it was over two years ago when we did this show and we really did have a good night but by the sounds of the previous posts it's gone really downhill[msnsad]

anyone else done this show recently so we can add more feedback to those viewing this topic for the first time[?]

mizzy