PDA

View Full Version : star wars week

philgrove
22-05-2004, 00:27
does anyone have any tips for star wars week in mgm, things to look out for and things to avoid. we're going out next may when the new film is released so its going to be hectic but any pointers are much appreciated.[msncool]

ujpest doza
01-06-2004, 16:55
From what i could gather when i was there last week, there isn't a Stars Wars week, but a full month of Star Wars Weekends.

philgrove
01-06-2004, 23:35
even better, but i expext the weekends in may are a tad busy then?

jangar
02-06-2004, 12:48
Visited Star Wars week-end last Friday, May 28th. As it was run up to menorial week-end thought it would be super busy but not too bad. my son is big Star Wars fan!! The actor who plays C3PO was there signing autographs (you needed a Fastpass to get one)plus Watto (not sure who that is!!!) There were many other "actors" in costume signing autos ...Darth vader, Darth Maul, chewbacca etc...They all played up to their roles and seemed to enjoy it.At 11am there was a short Star Wars parade - great photo opportunity, plus other add on activities, presentations. My son even got a FREE gift!!!!!!a Star wars card game, that he was most pleased with. We all enjoyed it despite the 95 degree heat!!!!

rosie
14-06-2004, 00:31
We were there 5th June, and being huge Star Wars fans we loved it. The parade was great and we had some great pics taken with stormtroopers, darth vader and darth maul. It wasn't as busy as we were expecting which was a bonus but boy it was hot :)

We got the obligatory T-shirts and mugs and just had a great day, mind you MGM is our second fav Disney park after Epcot, as I'm a big film nut.

MRKW
16-06-2004, 21:56
Have just returned and we visited two weekends, if you like Star Wars you will love this, as we arrived there were Stormtroopers standing on top of the MGM entrance plus the Theme tune was playing, loudly.

It certainly adds an excellent atmosphere but does make the park a little bit busier then normal, still it is well worth it. Also had a show that shows bits from the making of the new film.

My advice GO GO GO GO GO GO

Tim Barry
21-09-2004, 11:25
Hi All

Latest dates for those Trekies

Blast off into the futuristic fun and fantasy of "Star Wars™." Engage your thrusters and jump to light speed as you pose for pictures and collect autographs from characters and celebrities who have made the "Star Wars" films legendary. Join the daily celebrity motorcade or demonstrate your "Star Wars" trivia knowledge. You might even be selected to attend the Jedi Training Academy. The Force is with you!

Dates: Weekends in May and June, 2005

regards

Tim

rosie
21-09-2004, 11:34
Thanks for that Tim, we were actually discussing next years ST weekends last night, whilst watching it on DVD ;) Sad I know, but what can you do :D