PDA

View Full Version : we've moved but now want to sell our business

mrsbabypowder
21-05-2004, 14:44
We are looking at buying a Management Company in Florida. Is there anybody in the know who can give us some advice on the pros and cons. And how much money an established MC would be with around 30 properties on their books.

WELL WE DIDN'T BUY A MANAGEMENT COMPANY WE BOUGHT A BRIDAL SHOP GORGEOUS BUSINESS. BUT WE HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE BACK TO BLIGHTY! SO GUESS WHAT WE ARE SELLING UP. ANY TAKERS?????????

esprit
21-05-2004, 18:55
You are looking ar about $180,000-200,000 for a 30 house man co that is up and trading, more if they have car hire, attraction ticket etc deals and do well from those. It is risky. Most owners will be on a short contract or no contract and there is no guarantee that those people will stay with you long term after the transfer so no sitting on your laurels and you will need to work to increase the business yourself. There are almost 800 man cos in the Orlando area and it is fiercely competitive.
Pros, well you are living here and it is a business where you will be associating with a lot of Brits. Cons. Well you are on call 24/7 and it is really hard work, dirty sometimes too. We seem to spend half of our time picking up garbage and getting rid of it. It isnt what you would call glamourous!!

mrsbabypowder
22-05-2004, 23:44
thats for that julie, we are coming over soon and are going to take a look at the business first hand to see what goes on. one thing we are going to look into is the escrow accounts like you said.i know there is nothing certain in this world but we are so desperate to get over there we are going to make it work even if its not all that.I have worked for the gasboard for the last 25 years and am used to being called out in the middle of the night on call 24 hours a day, and as for getting hands dirty well i,m always tinkering around doing something usually diy so i'm used to that too.

esprit
23-05-2004, 08:08
Provided it is a trading company and not a split off from a bigger one, you should be alright with a visa. It is soemthing I know a bit about so please dont hesitate to ask.

flying chippy
05-06-2004, 17:12
Ask a Visa Attorney/Consultant whether the Embassy will grant you a Visa.
We were told to look at other business's, because they were not giving Visas on this type of company.
Chris

esprit
06-06-2004, 04:23
They do. It is just more difficult than other businesses and the visa attorney you used Chippy doesnt like them particularly I have a friend from Liverpool who didnt use her but used a US attorney who bought a 45 house man co at the same time that I bought my business. It was not a split off but was up and trading with audited accounts and tax returns and had a contract with a UK travel agent. He had no problems getting a five year E2. The ones they dont like are those where a man co is splitting house contracts off from a main man co and selling just those in packages of 15, 20, 25 or 30 homes. I dont want to mention any names but they used to advertise in the Mail on Sunday Florida edition a lot. Anyway, the embassy took against those saying that they were not a proper business. They didnt stop them as such, just were so slow in considering them that most people gave up and withdrew the application.

chloanne
24-07-2004, 23:04
Hi
I'd like to ask if anyone has experience of hair/beauty salons or maid service companies. We are considering all reasonably priced businesses in which we would we enjoy working and would also satisfy minimum E2 requirements.

Many hair salons owners offer to stay on which I would prefer not to consider, or have existing managers and receptionists which I would consider to be the role I assume (not being a qualified stylist personally). What is the situation in relation to retaining existing staff ?

In relation to finance, all brokers, in order to obtain detailed financial information, require not only a confidentiality declaration (which I accept) but also a net worth statement which I am very reluctant to provide at initial enquiry stage via the internet. Is this a general US requirement? and if so, will we be expected to provide this personal information whilst pursuing business opportunities when in Florida ?

Thank you
Chloanne

esprit
25-07-2004, 06:57
We looked at maid service, residential. We were going to buy a franchise, backed out when we saw the franchise deed - scary. You would be OK buying a trading one unfranchised. Hair salons. Yes, if you could keep existing staff. Cost of a decent haircut is quite high, my son pays $18. Location is everything on that sort of business. One that does nails, tanning etc would be good. Dont laugh at tanning. I know of someone who bought into that and did well.
You can keep existing managers, staff etc, in fact they like that. They do want to see finances. They want to know you not only have the initial business investment and to buy somehwre to live but also working capital. You can take finance but borrowed money needs to be a reasonable proportion of the total.

chloanne
25-07-2004, 13:30
Thank you Julie

I have discovered too that the % royalty fees are high for franchises, and agree that an established business is our best route.

My concern about retaining a manager/receptionist in a hair salon is that it leaves no active role for me (visa criterion)as I'm not a qualified stylist or beautician. I considered my role to be receptionist in addition to finance, marketing, payroll etc.

Some owners are stylists who have expressed a desire to stay on, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that situation. I'll conduct further research here although I've found that some aspects of business practice are rather different in the US.

Thank you for the information about finance. Although I can satisfy approx 75% of financing required, I will require additional monies. There does not appear to be any assistance as in Uk e.g. free banking, so can you suggest best approach. Would it be more cost effective to obtain a loan in the UK ?

Thank you
Chloanne

fllion
26-07-2004, 03:15
we have a great couple (man & wife) who done our visa's . we also sent a few friends to them and they have found them good bussiness and got them the E2 visa, they are great for advise and would help you through ,dm me if you need a phone no. they are based here in FL.

DaveMac
20-01-2005, 02:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillasrus
We are looking at buying a Management Company in Florida. Is there anybody in the know who can give us some advice on the pros and cons. And how much money an established MC would be with around 30 properties on their books.
[/quote]

Did ever take the plunge and move out to Kissimmee ?

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 02:48
incase its overlooked tonite, they have moved to cresent lakes, kissimmee, last summer, they were on here last night and to day i think, Elaine is the one who wants salad cream!!!!

blott
20-01-2005, 02:49
A timely question Davemac! http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_17126.asp

mrsbabypowder
23-03-2005, 04:33
hello again i forgot about this posting. yes we moved to crescent lakes, bought a business but now we want to sell up and come back home, i am homesick for salad cream LOL

so if anybody is interested in buying a brilliant Bridal Shop then i have one for sale......

LiesaAnna
23-03-2005, 15:10
not just any bridal shop tho' eh?
sounds very beautiful!!!
wish you well!!:)

mrsbabypowder
23-03-2005, 15:19
thanks liesa.

no your right it is the best bridal boutique in florida

SheilaF
23-03-2005, 21:00
Would you mind me asking why you have decided to come home? how long were you out there?

Many thanks

SheilaF

Robert5988
23-03-2005, 22:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Posted - 21 May 2004 : 10:44:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL WE DIDN'T BUY A MANAGEMENT COMPANY WE BOUGHT A BRIDAL SHOP GORGEOUS BUSINESS. BUT WE HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE BACK TO BLIGHTY! SO GUESS WHAT WE ARE SELLING UP. ANY TAKERS?????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - mrsbabypowder on 23 Mar 2005 00:37:22
Report this post to a moderator
[/quote]
To post this in May 2004 and edit it over 10 months later in such a strange way seems unusual. Especially as a couple of months ago you were estatic about the business and area.

esprit
24-03-2005, 08:48
She moved in mid August, Robert, Elaine are you sure you have given Florida a proper chance in that time? Everyone gets a little homesick at the beginning, it is a huge culture shock moving here and the first six months are the worst, it wears off and you settle down.

chrizzy100
24-03-2005, 18:27
I agree Julie.....you go through many feelings.....first off you're happy to be here its the best place on earth.......then you have the stress of homing buying and finding out the true cost of living etc and you really have many bad 'want to go home' days......then everything falls into place and you have around 2 years of living the dream.....then one of two things happen that makes you work out living here is really no different than living in the UK.....you get a big problem.....or you find yourself doing the same things as at home and that life is the same all over when you really get down to it apart from the fact that I have a raccoon trying to get back in the chimney out of the snow...and I think she is wearing hobnail boots....[msnoo]

mrsbabypowder
25-03-2005, 02:16
its not me its my hubby, he really wants to go back to UK. he is totally bored here, he finds it too expensive. if i had my way we would stay. we all moved for my dream, and now for the sake of our marriage we have to move back. know what i mean????

esprit
25-03-2005, 08:50
I am guessing running a bridal shop isnt really a man thing also, I mean does he have a role in that? If he is an E2 dependant, he could apply for a work permit and get a job just like in the UK. If the visa is in his name, that doesnt work. I know a lot of men find it hard to settle, they miss the pub and English sport perhaps more than women do.

mrsbabypowder
25-03-2005, 21:25
no the visa is in my name. the things he doesn't like are; its too expensive, people are unreliable, the mosquitos, the humidity, having no second car, sometimes (i mean sometimes) ME!

the list could go on and on. i guess some people settle in, and some don't. its a fab place for a holiday but not to live.

chrizzy100
25-03-2005, 21:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mrsbabypowder
no the visa is in my name. the things he doesn't like are; its too expensive, people are unreliable, the mosquitos, the humidity, having no second car, sometimes (i mean sometimes) ME!

the list could go on and on. i guess some people settle in, and some don't. its a fab place for a holiday but not to live.
[/quote]

I don't think we would of stayed in the USA if we had moved to FL first....now we feel happy enough here to think about making the move down.....but I know I'll need a second home in anther State for a getaway....like your hubby the humidity gets to me not the heat...but the cost of living up North is becoming to much....so its time to move on......

Cruella DeVilla
25-03-2005, 22:06

[/quote]

My better half would agree on it being too expensive especially the utilities, people being unreliable as only today, for the umpteenth time we have been let down by contractors, 3 in total who were all supposed to have been here between 9-12 this morning, it is now almost 2. One other did turn up with a door we have been waiting on since November and it is damaged!

We are about to sue our pool company if they do not refund us our last 1/4 cash as they have not cleaned our pool in weeks possibly since the last time we were here at the end of December. We are giving them until this evening and then we are off to see them tomorrow to deliver the news. They came out about 10 days ago after we visited them and told them what was going on, they have not been back since, supposed to be cleaned every week....... Service be geeze[gun]!

chrizzy100
26-03-2005, 00:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla

[/quote]

My better half would agree on it being too expensive especially the utilities, people being unreliable as only today, for the umpteenth time we have been let down by contractors, 3 in total who were all supposed to have been here between 9-12 this morning, it is now almost 2. One other did turn up with a door we have been waiting on since November and it is damaged!

We are about to sue our pool company if they do not refund us our last 1/4 cash as they have not cleaned our pool in weeks possibly since the last time we were here at the end of December. We are giving them until this evening and then we are off to see them tomorrow to deliver the news. They came out about 10 days ago after we visited them and told them what was going on, they have not been back since, supposed to be cleaned every week....... Service be geeze[gun]!
[/quote]

I find the utilities a lot cheaper in FL.....I don't know how people will pay their winter bills to keep warm up here if the costs keep going up.......I've yet to have trouble with workmen not turning up......here or in FL...so thats something.....I would be mad about the pool...are there no locals around to keep an eye on the cleaning for you......?...

mrsbabypowder
26-03-2005, 00:46

[/quote]

[/quote]

well if you need a new pool guy my hubby would gladly do it.

Ruth
26-03-2005, 04:01
Do you have a pool company as well as your Bridal business?

well if you need a new pool guy my hubby would gladly do it.
[/quote]

mrsbabypowder
26-03-2005, 05:07
no but my hubby is pretty good at diy and does our pool and garden FAB.

IN FACT HE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD AT ANYTHING. A PERFECTIONIST. AND RELIABLE

mrsbabypowder
26-03-2005, 05:09
OH AND I HAD TO INTRODUCE EVERYONE TO CHARLIE. OUR 16 WEEK MALTESE PUPPY. HUSBAND TO LUCIE OUR OTHER MALTI-POO PUPPY!

Cruella DeVilla
26-03-2005, 08:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[/quote]

[/quote]

I find the utilities a lot cheaper in FL.....I don't know how people will pay their winter bills to keep warm up here if the costs keep going up.......I've yet to have trouble with workmen not turning up......here or in FL...so thats something.....I would be mad about the pool...are there no locals around to keep an eye on the cleaning for you......?...
[/quote]

We've got someone looking after the place but we contracted our own pool and gardening. Gardner is a smashing bloke. Pool guys did not turn up today either, weather no excuse as it did not get bad to late afternoon, and they are in for a surprise tomorrow, goodness help them!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-03-2005, 12:48
You must be the only one - our MC despairs when calling out utility companies and workmen as they very rarely do what they promise and require a LOT of chasing up to get things done. You would wonder if they want the business sometimes[msnsad]

I've yet to have trouble with workmen not turning up......here or in FL...

caroline
26-03-2005, 12:55
no but my hubby is pretty good at diy and does our pool and garden FAB.

IN FACT HE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD AT ANYTHING. A PERFECTIONIST. AND RELIABLE
[/quote]

I believe he would have to be licensed to maintain a pool in a STR home:)

florida4sun
26-03-2005, 13:44
The main problem is that there is so much work and not enough workers. Pool companies and cleaners in particular can pick and choose. They are not bothered if someone gets the hump. Dealing with third parties in Florida is just a nightmare. I think kates record for dealing with a utility company was 2 hours 45 mins on one call. Just to do a simple change over.
An MC will have to deal with these idiots on a daily basis, it is very frustrating and one thing we do not miss.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
You must be the only one - our MC despairs when calling out utility companies and workmen as they very rarely do what they promise and require a LOT of chasing up to get things done. You would wonder if they want the business sometimes[msnsad]

[/quote]

Ruth
26-03-2005, 13:59
I am sure Caroline is correct, it would be very unwise to get anyone without a license to do any work on a STR home.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline

I believe he would have to be licensed to maintain a pool in a STR home:)
[/quote]

chrizzy100
26-03-2005, 16:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[/quote]

The only thing I've ever had to chase up was the surge protector on our FL home......and then I found out that they had changed the colour of the light to say its working from red to orange...because people were thinking red was saying something was wrong with the unit.....and the new colour could not been seen unless your know where to look.....that really is it...but they had phoned me to say that it would be late being fitted because of last years storms.....and we never needed to be there anyway.....I just could not get anyone to see the light..so I thought it was not done.....they did it for free too in the end because of my wait......

Cruella DeVilla
26-03-2005, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
The main problem is that there is so much work and not enough workers. Pool companies and cleaners in particular can pick and choose. They are not bothered if someone gets the hump. Dealing with third parties in Florida is just a nightmare. I think kates record for dealing with a utility company was 2 hours 45 mins on one call. Just to do a simple change over.
An MC will have to deal with these idiots on a daily basis, it is very frustrating and one thing we do not miss.

[/quote]

Have to agree when there is so much demand they can pick and choose. One thing for certain though, the pool company will care this morning when we go up with our "hump":D. We will be polite but very firm to start with and if we don't get the results we are after, we shall change tact. We are not afraid to take these people on. We did it with the builders and won handsdown. They are all quick enough to take your money!

We have already found a new company, so B....... Pools have lost our business.

chrizzy100
26-03-2005, 18:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun

[/quote]

Have to agree when there is so much demand they can pick and choose. One thing for certain though, the pool company will care this morning when we go up with our "hump":D. We will be polite but very firm to start with and if we don't get the results we are after, we shall change tact. We are not afraid to take these people on. We did it with the builders and won handsdown. They are all quick enough to take your money!

We have already found a new company, so B....... Pools have lost our business.
[/quote]

I always find polite but firm works wonders......good news that you have a new pool person.....

flyrr100
26-03-2005, 19:25
Chrizzy is 100% right when she says live elsewhere first. I lived in Texas when I first moved here. Now, Texas is a whole different country! And they don't waste their time telling you that!
I then went to Nevada. You gotta live in Vegas at least once! That was fun. But it got too crowded.
I loved Ohio. It's the heartland of America. Great people. Wonderful schools.
I moved to Florida because of my job. If it was up to me I'd move back west. Nevada, Northern California, maybe Arizona. But we are enjoying Central Florida. We live in Seminole County. So we don't really see the Kississimme/Disney crowd. It's nice up here. We have a few malls. The toll roads are great. I get to the airport in 25 minutes.

Mrsbabypowder, think on moving elsewhere. Your hubby would love the west. Or even parts of the midwest. Leave Vegas for a visits only. It's getting so big now. The locals are calling it East L.A.
The USA is a huge country. It kinda frustrates me that all the Brits have to live in Central Florida! The North East can be lovely. New England is wonderful, as long as you ignore the snow! Virginia is just gorgeous. And the beaches around Norfolk are great.

Don't give up on the USA. Florida is just a tiny part of a huge mix of different and diverse lifestyles.

Cruella DeVilla
26-03-2005, 19:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]

The USA is a huge country. It kinda frustrates me that all the Brits have to live in Central Florida! The North East can be lovely. New England is wonderful, as long as you ignore the snow! Virginia is just gorgeous. And the beaches around Norfolk are great.

[/quote]

Jeff,
It is the weather that most people come to Florida for, we can have snow at home;)

mrsbabypowder
27-03-2005, 00:50
yes i agree with you on the weather i love the heat, but it gets to my hubby, i love the warm balmy nights sitting out by the pool drinking something delicious, have an evening spa. oh its gorgeous. the smell of jasmine growing up around the pool is gorgeous. last night we watched the storms sitting outside having a cup of english tea. oh yes we still have some creature comforts bought from England,

this morning there was an injured possom (have i spelt that right) outside. it upset me because there was nothing i could do, kept the dogs in just in case. but the big black birds were flying above it, just waiting for the next meal!

ah life in florida is.........................................

florida4sun
27-03-2005, 02:07
You can call animal welfare, they will send someone out.

yes i agree with you on the weather i love the heat, but it gets to my hubby, i love the warm balmy nights sitting out by the pool drinking something delicious, have an evening spa. oh its gorgeous. the smell of jasmine growing up around the pool is gorgeous. last night we watched the storms sitting outside having a cup of english tea. oh yes we still have some creature comforts bought from England,

this morning there was an injured possom (have i spelt that right) outside. it upset me because there was nothing i could do, kept the dogs in just in case. but the big black birds were flying above it, just waiting for the next meal!

ah life in florida is.........................................
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
27-03-2005, 03:44
AW!

We have an Armadillo in our back garden, he is soooo cute and lovely litle yellow breasted birds, I love wildlife, luckily no cats as they are my Nemisis!

esprit
27-03-2005, 07:05
To get back to the subject, if the visa is in your name, your husband IS an E2 dependant, Elaine, and could apply for an EAD and go and get a job, it may be the lack of a role that is getting to him. I wish we had gone that route instead of 50% each which precludes it. I would agree it is expensive when you earn in dollars instead of bringing pounds in and I would agree on getting things done, it is a total nightmare, no-one wants to do anything.

Cruella DeVilla
27-03-2005, 10:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
To get back to the subject, if the visa is in your name, your husband IS an E2 dependant, Elaine, and could apply for an EAD and go and get a job, it may be the lack of a role that is getting to him. I wish we had gone that route instead of 50% each which precludes it. I would agree it is expensive when you earn in dollars instead of bringing pounds in and I would agree on getting things done, it is a total nightmare, no-one wants to do anything.
[/quote]

What does hubby do with his time Elaine? Take it he does not work in the shop!

Robert5988
27-03-2005, 15:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We have an Armadillo in our back garden,[/quote]

So thats the way to Armadillo!

Cruella DeVilla
27-03-2005, 19:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We have an Armadillo in our back garden,[/quote]

So thats the way to Armadillo!
[/quote]

No you have ask Peter Kay that!

mrsbabypowder
28-03-2005, 07:06
[/quote]

yes but it takes 90 days to get a green card

mrsbabypowder
28-03-2005, 07:07
[/quote]

What does hubby do with his time Elaine? Take it he does not work in the shop!
[/quote]

i can see it now, a man working in a bridal boutique ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they would be running out the store. "can i help you with your bustle????"

mrsbabypowder
28-03-2005, 07:08
he is working around the house. decorating, watching the kids, cooking, cleaning. ah yes everything that i used to do. oh how the tables are turned... BLISS[msnwink]

esprit
28-03-2005, 20:11
No wonder he wants to go home!!! It isnt a green card, Elaine, I am presuming you are on E2 and that never leads to green card. He can get an EAD which is a dispensation to work if he is a E2 dependant, it takes about two months to come through.

dodgey memory
29-03-2005, 19:42
Elaine I don't wish to appear rude or nosey but you seem to have put your self under such stress. Wasn't a move to a foreign country difficult enough without adding a role reversal into the equation as well? Perhaps if your husband had been the one working your outcome may have been very different, especially as he seems to be so able at DIY etc. Still you have still done something I would never would have the courage to do, at least you have tried. Teresa

LiesaAnna
29-03-2005, 19:54
i do so admire people who want to try these new things and actually get of their butts and do it!! wish i had that sort of get up and go!!!!! whether it works or not at least you can say you tried!!!

esprit
29-03-2005, 21:37
Thats what I always aaid and say, Liesa, and thats why I did it. It is a lot harder than you ever imagine but whatever the eventual outcome and wherever I am in ten years time, the phrases "what if" and "if only" dont figure in my vocabulary any more. But my husband and I did it together, I know of at least one other case where one partner had a stay at home non working role in a strange place while the other worked on the business and they also eventually went home.

dodgey memory
30-03-2005, 00:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
i do so admire people who want to try these new things and actually get of their butts and do it!! wish i had that sort of get up and go!!!!! whether it works or not at least you can say you tried!!!
[/quote]

I too am full admiration for any one who has the courage to try any thing new. What perhaps I was intending to say is that this sort of move is a huge commitment of time, upheaval and money and that you need to give your self the best chance of it suceeding.

mrsbabypowder
03-04-2005, 05:31
i know, but it really is my hubby, he wants to move back to the UK. i am glad that we have done it. we may move to croatia. the properties are supposed to be very cheap. i could start up my dream of an old english tea room.

Cruella DeVilla
03-04-2005, 05:39
i know, but it really is my hubby, he wants to move back to the UK. i am glad that we have done it. we may move to croatia. the properties are supposed to be very cheap. i could start up my dream of an old english tea room.
[/quote]

I have lived in Croatia and infact going to work there this month on the 26 the April until the end of the year. It is very beautiful but I don't think it is stable enough yet to buy a property there. It is getting there.

How is your Serbo Croat?

LiesaAnna
03-04-2005, 12:03
[/quote]

would of thought out of the frying pan ........ with this one, unless you speak the language?
complete opposites here! florida-croatia maybe thats it you would have to work harder at everything here........ (am not being funny) but what with the difference here maybe its challenging??????? maybe thats what you need something more challenging, you will only know if you give it a go!!!! Good Luck with whatever! i do admire you!

03-04-2005, 13:08
The only place I felt I could move to is Australlia, It had all the beneifits of weather standard of living etc plus enough of home not to be too homesick, however the rest of the family did not share my passion, but I would love to live in Perth![msnscared]

gromit
03-04-2005, 18:57
I have lived in Houston, and would love to live in Florida. The trouble is that the jobs we have, the American airlines don't have any room to employ anyone else, it is the opposite. What is the best way to try and move to America and get a visa to work?

I can't remember who posted about other parts of America being great, but I would agree with that as well, and maybe try another part of America before returning home!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

dodgey memory
03-04-2005, 19:20
[/quote]

I'm begining to think you are having a joke with us young lady!![msnwink]

gromit
08-04-2005, 01:22
I think you should consider more than the property price being cheap before moving somewhere like Croatia - quite different from Florida!!! If you have been there before and know already what it is like then that's a different story.....