PDA

View Full Version : Various park tips - 1

Nostromo
21-05-2004, 14:02
After 5 visits to Orlando, I noted some tips which I found useful

[u]Epcot</u>: Allow 2 days, one for Future World and one for World Showcase. For WS, try to get Valet Parking at an Epcot Resort (We did this by having a Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe of the Beach Club Resort) and walking across the International Gateway into the park. Far quicker and saves a lot of walking.

[u]Epcot:</u> Following on from above, do World Showcase anti-clockwise, starting from Canada. This puts you at Mexico last, and its Cantina de San Angel has great vantage points to watch the Fireworks while eating supper. (Many people know this and so try to be there by 8pm! Even if the tables are full, the trees have platforms to sit on)

[u]Magic Kingdom</u>: Tony&#39;s Town Square Restaurant takes bookings for dinner. It is a great place to watch the Spectromagic Parade and make a quick getaway afterwards. If you are staying for &#39;Wishes&#39; fireworks, you can plan so that you finish your meal by the time it starts and move to the square. We did and it worked very well.

[u]Magic Kingdom</u>: If you are watching &#39;Wishes&#39; from Main Street USA, the left sidewalk as you face the castle offers much better views than the right. You can also see Tinkerbell a few seconds longer!

[u]MGM</u>: In the &#39;Toy Barn&#39; area, some stewards often tip kids off on when and where a favourite Disney Character will be availble for autographs throughout that day, when asked privately. I suppose they do this based on their knowledge of the individual actor&#39;s habits.

[u]Animal Kingdom</u>: A steward told me that more than any other animal, the Tiger took a siesta on a warm afternoon. So he advised us to to the Maharajah Jungle Trek in the morning, even before going to AFRICA if necessary. It does not take long, whereas all of Africe, including Rafiki&#39;s Planet Watch may take a couple of hours.

chrisj
21-05-2004, 14:06
Cheers for that

We have schedule Epcot into 2 visits. Last year we only managed to Visit Canada and England
before the fireworks started.

amy
22-05-2004, 02:31
we bought a 'pal mickey' last year and took him back again this year, at first I thought him a bit pricey, but he is a great tour guide, we have seen things we have never seen before with him.Every time you get into a new Disney park he updates to the lastest news, I have found him to be good value and would recommend.:)

andrewmckay5
22-05-2004, 02:43
What is a"pal mickey"?
andrew

chrisj
22-05-2004, 03:04
Ditto

What is it etc

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-05-2004, 03:07
As far as i know he is an interactive toy that alerts the owner to all that is happening in th parks such as when the parade is starting.
Sarah

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-05-2004, 03:07
As far as i know he is an interactive toy that alerts the owner to all that is happening in th parks such as when the parade is starting.
Sarah

chrisj
22-05-2004, 03:09
Thanks Sarah, Thought it might have been something like that, Seems a good idea

amy
22-05-2004, 19:00
He has a soft toy around 12" high, with a built in sensor that picks up messages in various places in the Disney parks.He tells you lots of intesting facts about each park you are in and small hidden things you would some times miss.when he is doing none of this he will tell you jokes or play a disney triva game with you.
When at home he tells jokes and plays 3 games.The next time you enter a park make sure he is switched on when you walk though the gate and his memory auto updates to the season.
He cost around $55 to buy and is availible at most of the shops in the parks. You can also rent one is you dont want to buy one.:)

DMC
24-05-2004, 19:31
In all the years I have been going to Disney I have never picked up on the "Pal Mickey" concept.

What a great idea :D

Although we don't have any kids I am sure that would be a fun thing to own.

I shall look out for one on our next trip in September.