PDA

View Full Version : Kiss in Tampa

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-05-2004, 23:43
People who visit this site often may know that my husband John and 5 year old son are big fans of the band Kiss. We are off to see them play in Texas half way through our Orlando vacation. However, for those of you who are lucky enough to in Flroida on 31st July 2004 Kiss are playing the Tampa Bay Amphitheater on their Rock the Nation World Tour. Now I have never been to a Kiss concert before but from all accounts their live shows are awesome:D

Sarah

george
19-05-2004, 23:51
Sarah
I thought the picture was a bit suspect. Can you get John (Kiss fan)to take his makeup off!;)<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
People who visit this site often may know that my husband John and 5 year old son are big fans of the band Kiss. We are off to see them play in Texas half way through our Orlando vacation. However, for those of you who are lucky enough to in Flroida on 31st July 2004 Kiss are playing the Tampa Bay Amphitheater on their Rock the Nation World Tour. Now I have never been to a Kiss concert before but from all accounts their live shows are awesome:D

Sarah
[/quote]

wilfy
20-05-2004, 00:01
We have ticket's to go see Rush on the 30th July :). (Now i wonder how much chocolate it will take for Sarah to let me go on the 31st.:D.) A mate went to a kiss concert in the uk (i think) in the early 80's and said the live show is something else.

mrsbabypowder
20-05-2004, 10:08
blimey i didn't think rush were still going, i used to like them back in the eighties.

wilfy
20-05-2004, 13:15
Went to Aerosmith in April aswell, - brill. (They must've left their zimmer frames in the car.[:p])

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-05-2004, 01:23
Aerosmith and Kiss are playing for 2 nights in NY in August - just checked out the flight prces and they are a bit to steep for a quick trip[msnsad]

Sarah

mikewj
22-05-2004, 01:43
After reading this, I just couldn't resist

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/mikewj/2004521214239_Kiss.jpg

Who said they've gone soft as they've got older !!?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-05-2004, 01:46
LOL - there has got to be a few jokes in there somewhere.

chrisj
22-05-2004, 02:06
Great Piccie :D

mikewj
22-05-2004, 02:22
And its genuine too.....honest !!

I noticed that The Darkness are on at The Hard Rock Cafe in Universal on 7th June.

Now if I could just persuade Sue that going to watch them would be a good birthday present for me.........[msnsad]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-05-2004, 03:02
Hi Mike
For a band that started out as a joke The Darkness are doing pretty well. All those 30- somethings with too much disposaable income are to blame if you ask me.

Now I'm sure Sue would enjoy a night out at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Sarah

PS Even Pandas look better in make-up:D

fiona
22-05-2004, 03:34
Did anyone here that wonderful interview Gene did with Johnnie Walker on Radio 2 recently? Hilarious, and so up himself. After that, sorry I couldn't pay money to that man!;)

You can listen to the interview

KISS-STERICAL?
Gene Simmons from Kiss proved it's hard to be humble when he brought his large tongue - and larger wallet - into the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/walker/

mikewj
22-05-2004, 04:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Hi Mike
For a band that started out as a joke The Darkness are doing pretty well. All those 30- somethings with too much disposaable income are to blame if you ask me.
[/quote]

Well Sarah, I'm just waiting for Rainbow to go on the road again (in some format).

The under 30's would expect George, Bungle, Zippy and Geoffrey. With support from Rod, Jane and Freddy of course!

[msnsmile2]

At least this will be the first time I've been out there and someone I've heard of is performing.

Unfortunately, rock music isn't exactly Sue's cup of tea.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-05-2004, 13:48
Yes - I heard that at the time :). He has to be taken with a pinch of salt as he does nto take himself seriously at all.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Did anyone here that wonderful interview Gene did with Johnnie Walker on Radio 2 recently? Hilarious, and so up himself. After that, sorry I couldn't pay money to that man!;)

You can listen to the interview

KISS-STERICAL?
Gene Simmons from Kiss proved it's hard to be humble when he brought his large tongue - and larger wallet - into the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/walker/

[/quote]