PDA

View Full Version : New rides at Silver Springs

chris c
19-05-2004, 20:53
Two new rides are scheduled to open this summer at Silver Springs.
The Fort King River Cruise opening in mid-June, will take boat passengers on a cruise featuring views of a Seminole village, an 1800s riverboat wharf and train depot, and a Florida Cracker homestead.

The Lighthouse Ride opening in early July, will feature a carousel and gondola ride with an outer tower rising 100 feet over Silver Springs.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-05-2004, 02:41
Thanks for the information - I have wanted to take a trip to Silver Springs for a while and the new ride sounds like a good excuse. Am I right in saying that one of the James Bond films used it as a set location? We are in Florida from the 5th for a couple of weeks is there a definative date in June?

Sarah

dick wroe
17-06-2004, 06:02
all the tarzan movies were filmed there and so was all the SEA HUNT (LLoyd bridges) episodes

great place

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-06-2004, 06:13
We went to Silver Springs last week and it was lovely. Very quiet and peaceful but beautiful as well. They are doing previews of the Fort King River Cruise which we went on - it was lovely.

Nostromo
18-06-2004, 10:49
I just hope that these 'new rides' at Silver Springs will be in keeping with the overall theme of the park. SS is a lovely, relaxing day out which most people use as a perfect alternative to a hectic visit to a Disney or Universal theme park. I would hate to see anything spoil that atmosphere by adding rollercoasters etc.