PDA

View Full Version : Cracker barrel on the 27

marion
19-05-2004, 14:17
Cracker barrel
Breakfast lunch and diner wow and only a short drive away from all of us on the 27
The new Cracker barrel is open on the 27 when I was there in early May they were hiring staff.
Then the famous rocking chars arrived.
We just love Cracker barrel the food is Yummy,
And the shop is full of relay good quality gifts and the stock is all ways changing so if you see something you like it may not be there when you go back.

steph_goodrum
19-05-2004, 17:39
Thats great news Marion, I was most disappointed it wasn't open in April when we were there but at least we can go in September.

Carla
19-05-2004, 17:49
I've never eaten in the Cracker Barrel on 192. I just can't get beyond the smell of the shop!! It's full of highly perfumed items. When we tried to eat there once, we had to queue and just couldn't hang around!!!

steph_goodrum
19-05-2004, 19:23
It might end up a bit of a let down for us then Carla, we havent been in one yet but keep saying we want to try one, but Michlle is liable to sneeze her way through the meal if the perfume is that strong. She hasn't yet made it mast a Lush shop without starting.

starkie
19-05-2004, 20:15
Have tried Cracker Barrel twice now.
Both times I have been frozen!!
AC on much too high and you end up with cold food, very quickly.
Menu is nice though.
TURN DOWN THE AC Cracker Barrel!!!

Julie

dbrook
19-05-2004, 21:55
I agree Julie we were all frozen too. I love the place but hate to be cold! I enjoy the food but sadly the rest of the family don't:( Worth going for the store though.

Ray&Sarah
19-05-2004, 23:08
Saw the land being cleared last year when we were there and thought it was great as its close to our community. Haven't actually been in a Cracker Barrell though, will have to try it in October, before recommending it to guests. :)

chris c
20-05-2004, 01:00
:)Have never tried Cracker Barrel. What sort of food do they do?
Where on H27 is the new one?

janice
27-05-2004, 17:35
I have never tried Cracker Barrel either, what sort of food do they serve, apart from cold!!! Chris I think it is located behind Walgreens on the left travelling south on US27, beside Beef O'Bradys. Not far past Tuscan Ridge, which is on the right.

steph_goodrum
27-05-2004, 18:58
Its a bit further south on the 27 than Walgreens. Its actually at the junction 55 of the I4 and Hway 27 on the left hand side as you drive south.
The food is supposed to be good old fashioned , home cooking from what we've heard.

steph_goodrum
27-05-2004, 19:03
You can check out some of the specials and shop before you go.
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

Wonderful invention this internet isn't it? At least you can get lots of ideas before you travel and walk up and down the street trying to decide where to eat.

chrizzy100
27-05-2004, 19:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Its a bit further south on the 27 than Walgreens. Its actually at the junction 55 of the I4 and Hway 27 on the left hand side as you drive south.
The food is supposed to be good old fashioned , home cooking from what we've heard.
[/quote]

The car park looked very full everytime we past last week.....it put me off going in........

steph_goodrum
27-05-2004, 19:35
I wish I hadn't found their website, it's made me starving.
Guess what though they do meals to go so if you want a home cooked meal without the fuss, you can even phone in and order it.
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-mealstogo.cfm?doc_id=693

Not a bad price at $34.99 for meal for 6 but obviously dont know portion size etc.

You can also order from their breakfast and lunch menus to go as well.

Handy to take the phone no and menu out with you then if after a tiring day you really dont want to sit in a restaurant and wait etc you can pre order it on your way back home and eat it it at home (and you wont have to be cold then Carla either!!

Ray&Sarah
28-05-2004, 01:42
Steph, thats worth knowing, our community is five minutes from junction 55 of the I4 and so this would be an excellant take out for us and our guests.:)

steph_goodrum
28-05-2004, 12:18
Thats what I figured Ray & Sarah, take the phone no and menu out and phone before you leave the park or during the afternoon to order and then come off I4 at 55 instead of usual 58 and its on the way home.
I dont know about you but sometimes its just too much effort to go into a restaurant and wait to be served etc after a day out.

Ray&Sarah
28-05-2004, 22:24
Have to agree there Steph. Also Ray will be able to have a few beers with his meal instead of having to abstain, he is usually the designated driver.:)

chrizzy100
28-05-2004, 22:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
I wish I hadn't found their website, it's made me starving.
Guess what though they do meals to go so if you want a home cooked meal without the fuss, you can even phone in and order it.
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-mealstogo.cfm?doc_id=693

Not a bad price at $34.99 for meal for 6 but obviously dont know portion size etc.

You can also order from their breakfast and lunch menus to go as well.

Handy to take the phone no and menu out with you then if after a tiring day you really dont want to sit in a restaurant and wait etc you can pre order it on your way back home and eat it it at home (and you wont have to be cold then Carla either!!

[/quote]

That looks a good idea......and it would save my new stove from my mothers cooking while shes down there....alone..without me ...in my house......I'm having nightmares already.........[msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]

jangar
02-06-2004, 14:52
We tried the new Cracker barrel on 27 on the first friday it opened (we didn't realise it was new being Florida newbies). we had to wait about 20 mins 4 table but loved the shop so much it went by real fast. Our waiter was obviously new to the trade but his supervisor kept a close eye on him (and others) and he only made one ordering error. Food was homely, plentiful and good but not exciting. Loved the atmosphere (not as cold as others either!)It was really busy-rocking chairs fully occupied!!!

AndyC
03-06-2004, 00:45
I think the villa that we have booked is on the 27, at Hampton Lakes, does anyone know how far the cracker barrel from there.

mouths watering already in anticipation.

Herbie
03-06-2004, 00:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
Saw the land being cleared last year when we were there and thought it was great as its close to our community. Haven't actually been in a Cracker Barrell though, will have to try it in October, before recommending it to guests. :)
[/quote]

Just don't eat the grits. Yuk !!!!!!!

Ray&Sarah
03-06-2004, 01:46
Herbie, quite safe there don't like grits!:)

steph_goodrum
03-06-2004, 10:43
"I think the villa that we have booked is on the 27, at Hampton Lakes, does anyone know how far the cracker barrel from there.

mouths watering already in anticipation"

Andy
It's about 5-10 mins form Hampton Lakes. You come out of the development and turn left onto 27 south and then it's a few minutes further down the road on the left hand side. At junction 55 of the I4.

fllion
03-06-2004, 16:11
Went there last nite for a qiuck meal ,as i didnt finish work untill late,,,wish i hadn't stopped ,food was cold ,place was full of old ppl moaning ,, before i had finshed my dinner ,waiter ask if i wanted dessert ,left the check ,then went ,So did I.last time i go there

Try the prince of wales just past I-4 on right hand side

where the big cowboy boot is ,,just opened ,food pretty good
plus you can get a beer or 10

bridget
15-08-2004, 22:53
Cracker Barrel is just simply the best. The thought of going to Florida without going to CB just doesn't bear thinking about!

If you haven't been I can recommend their Pecan Pancakes - YUM!

Oh it's a dream.

PS: It doesn't smell of perfume in the restaurant.
[:I]

chrizzy100
15-08-2004, 23:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
Cracker Barrel is just simply the best. The thought of going to Florida without going to CB just doesn't bear thinking about!

If you haven't been I can recommend their Pecan Pancakes - YUM!

Oh it's a dream.

PS: It doesn't smell of perfume in the restaurant.
[:I]
[/quote]

I liked the place too.....very cheap...........:)

traceya89
18-08-2004, 01:26
The steaks at cracker barrell are fantastic and well worth the money. The shop is great too. I wish I could buy everything I like in the shop without worrying about having to get it home.

Beverley
04-09-2004, 14:38
We visited Cracker Barrel, on the 27, for the first time last week. Our villa is at Tuscan Ridge so its very convenient for us, just a couple of minutes away.

We had their Friday Fish Fry, which was delicious.
We will definately be visiting again.:D

Geoff
05-09-2004, 14:32
Best Cracker Barrel we found was by going north on the US-27 and turn right when you hit the junction of the US-50 - it is about a mile on the left. Set out just like all the others but very good - ful of locals (they actually sais we don't get mant English here) and I thought food very good. We love breakfast their abour 4 times on our trips to our villa at Clear Creek on US-27 when we go shopping at the Super Target up their.

Geoff & Cath

CarolAnn
06-09-2004, 22:10
Think I will send my Bro-in-law in there on all your recommendations!! Ha Ha! Just might give it a go in April:)

Genie
15-09-2004, 16:56
We have been to three of the Cracker Barrel's and found them excellent the shop is brilliant ( we bought the lovely cockrel to stand on top of the freezer ! ) the breakfasts are very good and as we are on four Corners we will definately be trying it out in October when we go back.

Ray&Sarah
15-09-2004, 20:21
After all these recommendations we will definately have to give it a go.[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
16-09-2004, 07:11
We went there on Sunday, Ray and Sarah and Mick said it's the best food he's had in ages. They dont serve wine or beer which isnt a problem for us. It was really reasonable. The only thing that could do with changing is that there is no vegetarian option except for salad or a plate of 4 vegetables.
The meatloaf I had was great though and all the vegetables were cooked properly, not the usual way we've found of virtually just blanching them so they are all still really hard.
Spent ages looking round the shop and even had to make a second trip just to finish the shop.
It is a little chilly in there so make sure you wear or take something warmer.