PDA

View Full Version : Orange Tree

Nostromo
18-05-2004, 23:30
We recently rented a villa in Orange Tree for 3 weeks. There were 7 of us and it was a 4-bed, 3-loo house with a swimming pool and Jaccuzzi.

My overall impression of both the community and the house are very positive. This was our first attempt at renting a vacation home and I am glad that I made the decision. So glad, in fact that my wife and i agreed that we would consider it again in future even if it was not as cost effective as it was this time because of our largish party. Orange Tree is a very nice, quiet and upmarket community with helpful neighbours and clean surroundings. We did not see, hear or otherwise experience any kind of trouble during the 3 weeks were there. The villa was very well furnished and appointed with all the ususal mod-coms. But what made it special for us was the help and support offred by the caretakers, an English couple who have settled there. We agreed that we would look for a villa in Orange Tree every time we went to Orlando.

ringwood1
26-02-2005, 23:35
Hi Nostromo, we have just returned from Orange Tree and also thought it was a lovely area. However, we couldn't get over the amount of traffic on the 192 now, it took two hours to reach the turnpike. We are thinking of getting a villa near Indian Ridge next time, what do you think, is the traffic a temporary thing or is it really getting so busy now that going anywhere just takes forever? Has anyone else got a view. Fiona

DaveL
27-02-2005, 04:17
There is some extra lanes being added to some roads in the area and this is causing a few temporary diversions which upset the normal traffic patterns. Looks as if you were unlucky and found one of them.

Dave

Nostromo
27-02-2005, 19:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ringwood1
Hi Nostromo, we have just returned from Orange Tree and also thought it was a lovely area. However, we couldn't get over the amount of traffic on the 192 now, it took two hours to reach the turnpike. We are thinking of getting a villa near Indian Ridge next time, what do you think, is the traffic a temporary thing or is it really getting so busy now that going anywhere just takes forever? Has anyone else got a view. Fiona
[/quote]

Fiona, glad that you enjoyed your stay at Orange Tree. As for the traffic, I did not find it to be particularly heavy or slow on the US192 at any time. As DaveL says, maybe you caught it at the wrong time. In any case, we did not use the US192 beyond the Sherberth Road turnoff near Marker 6, unless our destination actually lay further along the 192 (eg the Walmart). It will get even better sooner when the Black Lake Road bypass opens, connecting western US192 to Osceola Parkway.

From Indian Ridge, you will need to travel very little on the US192 if going to WDW or further along to reach I-4.