PDA

View Full Version : Do IoA anti-clockwise

Nostromo
17-05-2004, 14:48
We went around Islands of Adventure anti-clockwise on the last two visits, including this time. It is distinctly better in terms of crowds. Most people go to the Marvel Super-Hero island first, but we went to Suess Landing instead. My 10 year old niece tried all the rides, which were only 30% full. When we reached the Lost Continent over an hour later, there was no wait at all to ride the Duelling Dragons, although we had to wait for 10 minutes each to get the front rows of Ice and Fire. All the other rides, including Hulk had less than 10 minute waits (5 min for Spiderman), except Dudley Do-right which took nearly 20 mins. We never used UEs in IoA. All the time, we were walking 'against' the main body of the crowd. (we were there last Tuesday)

chrisj
17-05-2004, 14:56
Thanks for the tip

mr flibble
17-05-2004, 17:38
Hi:)
It`s always anti-clockwise for us at IOA
it works !!!!!!!
Ian[msnwink]

chrizzy100
17-05-2004, 17:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mr flibble
It`s always anti-clockwise for us at IOA
it works !!!!!!!
Ian[msnwink]
[/quote]

Its something to do with which side of the road you drive on I was told years and years ago.....we've always used it....and we've never had to wait for a ride the first walk around any park.......

mr flibble
18-05-2004, 22:39
There is nothing stranger than folk ![msnwink]
I wonder what other methods people use in the parks etc. ?
Ian[8D]

mikewj
21-05-2004, 17:04
Conversely, we always do IOA clockwise and never seem to queue much either.

Also, in busier periods, the Express Passes for Spiderman run out around 11am leaving you to queue up for (sometimes over) an hour or go for the single rider option.

mikewj
21-05-2004, 17:06
I probably should add that I make sure that we get to the park about 10mins before it opens, so we're usually amongst the first people to get on the rides, which probably helps.

AndyC
03-06-2004, 02:23
Sounds a good tip, have you tried it anywhere else?

First time we were just in awe of everything and probably missed so much as we were just darting all over the place. Will certainly try to plan this time.

Nostromo
03-06-2004, 11:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AndyC
Sounds a good tip, have you tried it anywhere else?

[/quote]

I am not sure that this question was meant for me, but it sounds like it. Yes, we always do two parks anti-clockwise and find it useful. They are Islands of Adventure and Epcot's World Showcase. In case of the latter, we usually do Valet Parking at Disney's Beach Club resort, have a character breakfast at the Cape May cafe and walk across the International Gateway into World Showcase. Then starting with nearby Canada, we work our way to Mexico by the end of the day and find a good place at its Cantina de San Angel to have supper while watching the fireworks.

Yes, planning an itinerary for the parks individually works very well with two notable exceptions. With Sea World, it is best to have an open mind and make it up as you go along because of the numerous show times. Likewise, Kennedy Space Center tends to be haphazard, so that you can fir in the bus tour, IMAX films etc.

AndyC
03-06-2004, 12:56
Thanks for the reply Nostromo, I should have worded the post better, my intention was to keep it general for all to add there penneth!

mikewj
03-06-2004, 18:57
We also seem to do the World Showcase anti-clockwise, but it has never really been intentional, we've just always started on that side of the park for some reason.

From the people we pass, it certainly appears that clockwise is the most favoured route normally meaning that by the time we're in Mexico, the crowds have moved on.

wrpac00
04-06-2004, 01:30
Always done it clockwise, never had a problem. Get there early do hulk twice without waiting then use the fastpass system to go on the more crowded rides. We have normally finished by 1:30 having done everything and had lunch.

mikewj
16-06-2004, 05:05
Nostromo,

took your advice and went around IOA backwards.

Great idea.

With that and our ability to jump huge queues in a couple of minutes with the baby swap, we'd done everything at least once by 2pm.

Anti Clockwise is defintitely the best way to go. The entire left side of the park (up to and including Jurassic Park River Adventure) was empty.

Nostromo
16-06-2004, 10:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
Nostromo,

took your advice and went around IOA backwards.

Great idea.

With that and our ability to jump huge queues in a couple of minutes with the baby swap, we'd done everything at least once by 2pm.

Anti Clockwise is defintitely the best way to go. The entire left side of the park (up to and including Jurassic Park River Adventure) was empty.

[/quote]

Glad to have been useful. :)

mikewj
17-06-2004, 08:51
That should have said RIGHT side of the park if I'm going anti clockwise.

I'm just getting confused as I'm getting older !!

Nostromo
18-06-2004, 10:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
That should have said RIGHT side of the park if I'm going anti clockwise.

I'm just getting confused as I'm getting older !!
[/quote]

Well, you did say that you did IoA 'backwards' (quite a feat) in which case the park's right side would be to your left. So you were right (I mean left) after all! ;)[:o)]:):D