PDA

View Full Version : roadworks

lexton
17-08-2002, 00:24
My husband and I are going to Orlando, ,in septemberand staying in a villa in Poinciana,when we were there 18months ago ,there were major roadworks on the 192,have they now been completed? If not is there a shortcut to the theme parks from the villa near the Doverplum Centre? Also has anybody been on the Clearwater Screamer Boat ride?Somebody asked in one of the forums but got no replies.This is our 4th visit to Orlando,but the first without the kids.Even though there's only the two of us we still prefer the space and freedom of renting a private villa.

aevans

florida4sun
17-08-2002, 01:39
All of the road works are done. However if you are in the Dover Plum area you have a 40 minute journey to the parks. You needd to come out of Poinciana, turn left onto Poinciana Boulevard, follow over the 192 and then turn left onto the Osceola Parkway. Its the quickest way by far.
If the screamer is one of those large passenger speed boats then they are a lot fun. I actually got to drive one around the Statue of Liberty Once. There are quie rough on your back though.

Martin

quote:
My husband and I are going to Orlando, ,in septemberand staying in a villa in Poinciana,when we were there 18months ago ,there were major roadworks on the 192,have they now been completed? If not is there a shortcut to the theme parks from the villa near the Doverplum Centre? Also has anybody been on the Clearwater Screamer Boat ride?Somebody asked in one of the forums but got no replies.This is our 4th visit to Orlando,but the first without the kids.Even though there's only the two of us we still prefer the space and freedom of renting a private villa.

aevans

blott
17-08-2002, 18:43
There's also another way to miss out Highway 192 altogether...

Get onto South Poinciana Boulevard until you reach the traffic light junction with the 17/92 and turn left. Continue through Intercession City and a sharp left bend. Turn right onto Highway 532. On Highway 532, continue to Interstate 4 and turn right (east). On I4 continue to Walt Disney World and follow signs to the appropriate Park.

You can also use the above directions to get to Sea World, Universal Studios, Wet 'n' Wild and Belz Factory Outlet Mall which are further along the I4.

Blott

Edited by - blott on 17/08/2002 14:44:45

bellaepovera
17-08-2002, 23:30
Going thru on Poncianna to 192 i would say is the best route because not to much traffic. To go to the parks pay the $0.50 on Osceola Parkway is the fastest way yet. The screamer i did for the first time this summer in Key West and its a blast!! I couldnt drive it cause of all the water spraying in my face but it was a blast all the same. Hard on the back and....

patti pacienza

orlandobabe
19-08-2002, 00:09
Thanks Mrs Evans-for your comments on renting a private villa!

Would you like to be our publicicst!

You don't have to fill villas to the max to enjoy them-or worse still-get your money's worth! (as some holiday makers seem to think!) In fact 2 people in an average size villa-get to appreciate it far more than 10 people squeezed into a 4 bed villa-I'm sure.

So please pass round the good word! They are still excellent value even if there are only two of you!

Orlandobabe