PDA

View Full Version : Terra Verde

Elaine62
15-05-2004, 02:12
Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help clear up some queries I have. We want to stay in a villa as opposed to a hotel next time we visit but are unclear about some things. We like the look of he site at Terra Verde, can anyone confirm if it is known by any other name? we have seen some sites called Emerald Isle and Lake Berkeley that look similar but don't know if they are the same thing or not. Also we want to hire privately preferably from a UK person, do UK people have a site that they specifically use?

Thanks

Elaine

15-05-2004, 03:18
I have replied to you on another thread. Pm me if you want any further info

huckleberry house
15-05-2004, 12:04
Hi Elaine

I have answered you also on your other thread.

Cheers,Lesley

ctgirlscout
16-05-2004, 02:08
Hi Elaine--

Terra Verde, Emerald Island and Lake Berkley were all built by the same builder, so the communities all look very similar and have a lot of the same amenities. Terra Verde backs to Lake Berkley and is off Poinciana. Emerald Island is a little closer to Disney, near where Splendid China was.

Ruth
16-05-2004, 03:18
Elaine if you rent a villa form the sites linked to this forum you will be fine whether the owner lives in the UK or the US. All these villas are verified as belonging to the owner in question, and all owners are used to dealing with guests from the UK, US and Canada, as well as from many other countries (I have had guests from Australia and Botswana as well as other European countries).

ianandsue
16-05-2004, 20:45
Yes, you will find everyone that advertises on these sites are absolutely genuine, and all the homes are of the highest standard. Happy Hunting!

alliekoz
18-05-2004, 07:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help clear up some queries I have. We want to stay in a villa as opposed to a hotel next time we visit but are unclear about some things. We like the look of he site at Terra Verde, can anyone confirm if it is known by any other name? we have seen some sites called Emerald Isle and Lake Berkeley that look similar but don't know if they are the same thing or not. Also we want to hire privately preferably from a UK person, do UK people have a site that they specifically use?

Thanks

Elaine
[/quote]

tuzanne
18-05-2004, 21:43
Hi Elaine

No Terra Verde is a different resort from Lake Berkley and Emerald Isle but it was built by the same builders. All the places have a similar look and have similar community facilities. Terra Verde backs on to Lake Berkley and Emerald Isle is not far away. All three resorts are very near to amenities and parks. We have bought a villa on Terra Verde and we timed our drive at 9 mins to Disney Gate. All 3 resorts are gated and have a hotel type reception service.

You will not be unhappy if you rented a villa or condo at any of these 3 resorts. However, I am bias because I own a villa on Terra Verde, so I will say that as it is the newest it may be the best.

sue

scamhammer
19-05-2004, 14:17
There is a lot of building work going on in Terre Verde and Emerald Island. When the wind is up the dust can be horrible.

ctgirlscout
19-05-2004, 16:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tuzanne

You will not be unhappy if you rented a villa or condo at any of these 3 resorts. However, I am bias because I own a villa on Terra Verde, so I will say that as it is the newest it may be the best.

sue
[/quote]

We can also say that the most established (Lake Berkley) is the best!!;)

steph_goodrum
19-05-2004, 17:32
There are many different communities in the area all offering a variety of amenities. If you have a search through some of them you can find what may be of interest to your party. Although it is sometimes difficult as unless you have a villa in mind it can affect the decision, some people would say, for example, their community has an internet cafe, which would appeal to many people to keep in touch but then if you find a home that offers an internet pc you are obviously not going to need to use that facility.
Some people are swayed by the fact a community may say only 2 miles to Disney and think that means they can walk there, but it is impossible (as returning guests know) as there are no footpaths on the Disney property from the gate to transportation and there as a few miles there. Once you are in the car you find that it is a bit academic if it takes takes 5 or 15 mins to the park and most people enjoy the drive and often like to stay a little away from the razmatazz and have some days relaxing in a more tranquil environment.