PDA

View Full Version : Universal and IOA VIP tours

Fiona Harris
12-05-2004, 17:51
Hi,
I am visiting Orlando for our first family holiday with my 4 children aged 6-13 and my one overgrown child (my husband). I visited once before ;last summer when my eldest 2 children and I went on a property viewing trip. We were considering a villa purchase, but decided to hang fire on that and visit for a family holiday this year and see how that goes!!! My husband and younger children have never been to Florida and my biggest worry is that we will be there at a busy time (last 3 weeks in August) and hubby doesn't cope well with queueing. I am considering booking a VIP tour of Universal or IOA as that would avoid queues for at least 1 day and accept that I will probably spend some days at the parks with the kids on my own and leave hubby to relax by the pool (and prepare the BBQs!!!).
Has anybody done one of these tours and are they good. They are not cheap $100 plus tax pp, but if they give us a really fantastic day that may be worth paying[msnscared]. Alternatively I have just seen on the fora about the express plus passes which I had not previously heard about-perhaps thay are a better bet-we could do that for several days each for the cost of a VIP tour!!! Any comments gratefully received.
Fiona

shazbat
12-05-2004, 20:21
Hi Fiona,
We went on a VIP tour at universal Studios about 10 years ago.My aunt who lives in LA worked for Universal and her best friend was the customer relations manager-so we got in as guests and were given the VIP tour--I dont know if it is the same one as you pay for but it was very good-no waiting in any of the ques--mind you i dont think I would have paid $100.00 each for it.They do only pick out certain rides-shows--you dont see them all on the VIP tour.
Shazbat.

poet123
12-05-2004, 22:53
I think that one of the tickets which are on sale for IOA/Universal includes express passes.:)

Fiona Harris
13-05-2004, 03:50
Thanks Shazbat-the more I think about it the more I am persuading myself that the express plus passes are probably going to be far more sensible-the only thing about the vip tour which we really wanted was the no queueing and it sounds like they deal with that for one go on all the major rides anyway.That is unless anyone else knows that the rest of the vip experience has a lot going for it too?