PDA

View Full Version : Enclave Suites

jaz8ee
12-05-2004, 03:33
anyone out there used the enclave suites or know of them?? all we've seen are the usual brochure pics but first hand info would be much appreciated? Also we are not driving but will be relying on I-ride etc. good idea or not ? all advice gratefully received and faithfully applied

Tnx Jim

Chris7
12-05-2004, 17:01
Are you not driving through choice or because you can't. Driving in the USA is easier than at home (no roundabouts and the speeds are slower so you have more thinking time) - It's hard to get around without a car anywhere in America. Even going from IHOP to the shop next door usually requires taking the car (walking too far in that heat isn't funny!)

adh619
13-05-2004, 02:45
Public transport in the us is NOT like here - a car is a must

Tony

trevlad
13-05-2004, 04:18
our best mates swear by the enclave suites. in a nice way. theres a nice pizza in the precinct opposite called flippers i think

last year when we were out i picked up every realtor magazine and there was numerous apartments for sale within the enclaves. some didnt look great but others looked alright

if you can get a car - do . i have no axe to grind but dont book with your tour operator , get one off the site attached to this forum. i got a great deal last year on a mondeo size. but this site is even better value.

whatever happens, do the disney and see the whale

enjoy it

trevlad

dolphinv
13-05-2004, 15:36
We stayed in the enclave suites on our first two visits to Orlando, it was about 8 years ago. They did go down hill for a while but I've been told a revamp was done last year. If you get a suite you have 2 bedrooms with ensuite, a nice size kitchen and lounge with sofa bed. I have to say that after staying in a villa I would not go back, its so different!! I'm now a proud one week old villa owner!! Either way you will enjoy your stay.
Paul

philgrove
19-05-2004, 21:04
my mother and father in law stayed at enclave suites last year, just off i drive if i remember it right, they thoroughly enjoyed it, and would go back again, we took some photos of it in 2003 for them to see what it was like, i'll dig them out and try to post them on this thread. as far as the car goes, unles you have good reason get a hire car, as everyone else has said you cant walk anywhere, and there are so many places to visit and eat you dont want to rely on public transport at night, its not dangerous but everything looks different at night and its easy to get lost in orlando. but whatever you do have a great time.........and try sizzlers breakfast at least once.[8D]

Carla
19-05-2004, 21:16
The I-Drive buses are fine for getting up and down I-Drive, but waiting for them is a killer in the heat!! Just like waiting for the hotel transport to and from the Parks can be a awful in the heat too. People forget just how hot it is, especially if you are visiting in the Summer. If you don't hire a car, then make sure that you are prepared for waiting at bus stops etc..

My brother always used the Enclave Suites and thought that they were great.

Seminole
21-05-2004, 02:41
No, no, no. Forget about the suites, hotels or motels. And for a truly memorable holiday stay off of International Drive. No lurching along the blazing sidewalks from tacky t-shirt shop to shop, barely able to breath from all the exhaust fumes. This site has many beautiful and reasonably priced vacation villas to choose from. Think of having your own swimming pool perhaps overlooking a lake or conservation area and compare that to some hotel pool being surrounded by braying Brazilian children. Take a look at Carla's website - a lovely lakefront villa, sumptiously decorated and a gorgeous pool - now that is what you want to come back to after a day at the parks.

Carla
21-05-2004, 03:01
Thank you Seminole. :D:D:D

I didn't want to "push" the villa option (and there are many wonderful homes to choose from on this site) as it might seem like self-interest. Having said that I can't understand why anyone would deliberately choose to stay anywhere near I-Drive. All evening it is bumper to bumper with cars, in both directions, it's loud (in a number of ways), and a lot of the restaurants, particularly on North I-Drive and the top part of South I-Drive, aren't worth a second visit.

Each to their own though - like I said, my own brother thinks it's great there, but he hasn't been to Florida with his family since 1998!!

Seminole
21-05-2004, 03:52
My thinking, Carla, is that shameless promoting of the villa option is a "win-win" for the owners and the guests. I mean, you see these poor tourists stumbling along International Drive like zombies, either mumbling from the intense heat or fear-crazed from near-misses with badly-driven taxis. Compare them with the guests at the villas who scrawl the kind of "thank you" notes in the guest books that you might receive if you had revealed The Mystery of Life to them. And all this because they realized that For A Few Extra Pounds Life Can Be Magnificent. These are guests that come to understand that a holiday can mean opening a sliding glass door to an azure blue pool with the sounds of real birds in the garden as opposed to the symphony of toile***lushing in adjoining rooms the hotel denizen is likely to encounter. No dear Carla, it is our mission to educate, to illuminate and to ensure that every citizen of Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland is afforded the unalienable right to enjoy the villa experience so that they too will join in the cry "no more hotels!" And now I shall get down off my teetering soapbox.

Carla
21-05-2004, 04:15
Yes, you're right. I'll be totally shameless from now on!!!
:D:D:D:D

skatuszonek
31-05-2004, 22:14
hi

I took a party of 54 travel and tourism students this january and we stayed in the enclave suites,it was a great location for them as we were limited to transport options. YOu have several good bars and restaurants within walking distance and are directly opposite pirates theme night. Short bus ride to universal around 15mins from disney world. The accommodation is spread out over 3 buildings and the rooms varied greatly as far as quality were concerned, some were excellent, some in need of upgrade, but all comfortable and clean. Breakfast restaurant a bit basic. Suited a group of students, there were several school and college parties there at the time, suited us but not sure i would book for my own hols. If i was not happy with driving would stay in I drive. Otherwisw go for a villa
regards sue

Sunnyjim
01-06-2004, 20:40
Seminole
You sound like the guy off the Teletext advert!

Sunnyjim:D[msnsmile2]

Seminole
02-06-2004, 02:04
Ah Sunny Jim, there are times when I want to pull my car to the side of International Drive, grab the shirt lapels of some of these tourists, look into their sun-burned and blistered faces and yell "Snap out of it"! Of course they wouldn't be able to hear me over the traffic noise and commotion.

Booking a villa is incomparably better than shoehorning yourself into some I-Drive motel room. Look at some of the exquisite villas offered on this site. Imagine sitting by your own pool, tropical drink in hand, watching your children playing in the sparkling pool and knowing that you could conveniently retrieve snacks or a meal from the fully fitted kitchen just steps away or take a nap in blissful quiet.

Compare this to the "hotel/motel experience", if I may charitably call it that. Imagine squeezing into that hotel pool's aging sun lounger, last occupied by a child who oozed raspberry jam from every pore. The pool is so crowded that it reminds you of one of those nature documentaries in which millions of south Atlantic penguins jumping into the surf. Without shade and within a short while, your skin begins to redden and peel as your "Florida tan" quickly evolves into a case of radiation sickness.

No, Sunny Jim, every visitor should be granted the right to miss the nightly wheezing of the hotel air con and that's why all of these villas exist to make your visit something you will remember and hopefully repeat:D

Sunnyjim
04-06-2004, 02:27
Seminole
Yes its a villa for me every time nothing will convince me otherwise,
but sometimes don't you just miss the whir of the hotel lift as it rumbles up and down between floors, or the drink crazed occupants of the next room who decide to have a domestic at four in the morning.

Ah memories what memories

Sunnyjim[msnwink]