PDA

View Full Version : Orlando-Tampa-Crystal River

susangrah
12-05-2004, 02:38
We are planning to travel to Tampa for Busch Gardens then drive up to Crystal River in the evening, stay overnight ready for our manatee swim the following morning and then drive back to Orlando. Are we better to buy a map when we are over there, if so where is the best place to buy one from. Can anyone suggest one for us to buy. Thanks in advance

phaedra
12-05-2004, 05:53
Getting from Busch gardens to Crystal River is easy, even I managed it without getting lost and without a map :D

When you come out of BG turn right at the lights onto E.Busch Blvd. and follow it West to the junction for the I-75 North (about 1 mile), turn right (North) onto the I-75 and follow it for about 40 to 50 miles until you pass signs for the "Christmas House"

A little further North just before Junction 301 you'll see signs for the I-50 and Brooksville, from Brooksville you can either follow the I-50 West to the I-19 or take the I-98 North West to the I-19 and then take the I-19 North past Homosassa Springs to Crystal River about 8 miles further North.

susangrah
12-05-2004, 19:30
Thank you. can you tell me how long it takes

george
12-05-2004, 19:53
Crystal river is a good location to head for. We stopped there on the way down from Cedar Key (What a fantastic place)to Clearwater.
Try the search at the top of the page for 'Homosassa Springs'. There have been some good postings in recent weeks.

phaedra
12-05-2004, 19:53
About 75 to 90mins from Tampa, it's about 45mins to Brooksville.

We didn't go direct, from Brooksville we went via the I-50 west to the I-19 then south to see our friends in Spring Hill first then back up the I-19 to Homosassa Springs.

Have a look at www.mapquest.com you can get quite good maps and print them.