PDA

View Full Version : hilton hotel in clearwater

tyson1212
11-05-2004, 01:58
i will be driving to the hilton from kissimmee in sep is it hard to get there and is the hotel anygood, what has clearwater got to offer apart from the beach and is it wise to go to busch gardens on my way home to the villa in kissimmee.

athurstance
11-05-2004, 02:35
I stayed there for a week but it was some years ago. It is nice enough. More a motel than a hotel really but the rooms were clean and quite a good size. There was a very nice bar in the hotel and the pool was clean and uncrowded. You can walk straight onto the beach from the pool area - rather close to the bridge but still very nice. There are better beaches if you go a few miles south although they don't have the facilities.
Busch Gardens is definitely worth a vist in my opinion. It never seems to be busy - we went at Easter and all the rides were a walk on with no queues. Some great rides for coaster fans - don't miss Gwazi, Kumbaa or Montu.
Not sure what else there is to do in Clearwater - it is a typical tourist area from what I remember. We drove north to Tarpon Springs which is an interesting little place and also took a boat over to a nature reserve island - lovely place can't remember the name.

george
11-05-2004, 02:38
Check out the forum link below.
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10187

pieman6
14-05-2004, 01:24
We stayed at Hilton two years ago. We arrived one Saturday afternoon and thought that we had got the wrong hotel. It was over run with teenagers who were having a party in the Swimming pool area. They had live music on and were playing drinking party games. Thought about checking out before we had checked in. We stayed and the next morning all these people had disappeared, dont know where to but we never saw them again. The hotel situated right on the beach. The beach itself is great, long empty and clean. The hotel food and drink was normal hotel prices (Not cheap) but the surroundings were good. As for eating out if you like sea food then your in for a treat. Other than that you have to go looking and i mean looking. Very few local restuarants cater for children and we ended up travelling into nearby Clearwater (Note two differant places, clearwater and clearwater beach). We found some restaurants that catered for kids especially Perkins. There is Mcdonalds near to the hotel but this gets boring after a few days. We had a great time at the hotel and do go on the speed boat which takes you out to see the dolphins.

george
14-05-2004, 01:30
Check out this link on the forum
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10187

george
14-05-2004, 01:34
Here is another link
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8079

sunseeker
14-05-2004, 01:59
would have to disagree with you there pieman6,We stayed at a best western hotel at clearwater beach in 2001 for a week. we ate at a different retaurant every night, with 5 kids in tow aged from 4 - 14.
didnt have any problems,infact we found clearwater beach to be very family orientated.

Dave