PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite

bridget
08-05-2004, 23:18
What restaurant do you always go back to? Oh and let us know what you had too - just to get us all more excited about our hols! :D

Ann-Marie
09-05-2004, 00:27
Hi Bridget

We always go back to Chillis and the Outback. Always get great food there.

However, after reading some of the recommendations from others, we're going to try Perkins when we go in July. Always fancied the IHOP too but never went, will do this year though![:p]

Ann-Marie:D:D

wilfy
09-05-2004, 00:52
The Dennies on john young parkway , close to the wal-mart at the junction with sand lake road. Real friendly. We go back every time we're out there, plus i just love their meat skillet.[:p]

Also the cheesecake factory at millenium mall just for Sarah's benefit of course, the sweet's are scrumptious.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-05-2004, 00:53
Olive Garden, Chilis, Chevys, Boma Lodge, Chefs de France at EPCOT (IHOP and Perkins for breakfast)for us. All have great food and lots of choice for us veggies [msnsmile2]

walden64
09-05-2004, 00:58
Carrabba's Italian Grill is my favourite -
Sirloin Marsala and Caesar Salad to eat and a White Zinfandel to drink:D:D:D

Michelle

Tracy
09-05-2004, 01:45
We ALWAYS go back to the Outback, they do a really good Blooming Onion, Chicken Wings and best of all Coconut Shrimp - Only 11 days to go and count down.

On Christmas Eve, our wedding anniversary, my parents babysat and we had a romantic meal for 2 at Bahama Breeze, we had a fab meal and I had some great cocktails - unfortunatly for hubby I was asleep as soon as we got into the car at the end of the meal.

Anyhow both the above are on the agenda for the end of the month and perhaps a Ruby Tuesday - Great Salad Bar !!!

benfilo
09-05-2004, 02:00
Haven't been for a bit, but we went to thr perkins on 192 and it is the only time I've come out of an eatig place in florida still hungry, I was very dissapointed with the portions.

benfilo

PS
i'm average height and build( didn't want you picturing a bloater):D

chrisj
09-05-2004, 02:01
For us its Perkins

Friends have raved about I-Hop and outback and so we will go to them as well, but Perkins is
the one we will go to a few times.

Saying that, we like to move around and try new ones as well

benfilo
09-05-2004, 02:08
I realy used to like the BBQ combo in Busch Gardens. When I first went there it was humungous ammounts of chicken,ribs and beef, last time it was just 2 items though.(ok I haven't got a 6pak,still not a bloater)

benfilo

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-05-2004, 02:40
There's a common theme here somewhere Benfilo [msnwink]

Seriously though - I've always come out of Perkins absolutely stuffed and could not eat until mid-evening.

benfilo
09-05-2004, 02:46
I must admit food is a major part of my holiday[:I] Praps the perkins thing was a one off,I had to have a midnight snack from the hotel vending machine.I've always been lucky in the past, and could eat what I like but now I'm ancient i'd better start watching it[msnsad]
benfilo

Carla
09-05-2004, 03:14
Our favourites:

Tony Romas for the hottest baby back ribs in town (192 and International Drive)

La Forchetta for the best Italian food outside of Italy (near Kissimmee on 17/92)

La Crepe for delicious French sweet or savoury filled pancakes (Championsgate)

Race Rock for all of their starters because we never order any entres there (International Drive)

Cafe TuTu Tango for their totally eclectic mix of food and the other things going on there (on International Drive)

Jungle Jims for a Fertility Inferno burger and the only place in town for a real burger (at The Crossroads, Lake Buena Vista)

Charley's Steak House for the World's Best Steaks (near marker 8 on Hwy 192)

Shells for the best seafood - their Clam Chowder is to die for (beyond marker 15 on Hwy 192)

Olive Garden for their soup and salad (near marker 10 on Hwy 192 and on International Drive)

Restaurant at "Norway" in Epcot for their delicious buffet.

Dennys for breakfasts, 'cos we love their Original Grand Slam (best one is up beyond marker 15 on Hwy 192)

chrisj
09-05-2004, 03:17
Agree on the Denny's thats the one we used and will use again,

Not been to any of the others, but have 21 days to try out loads of new places :D

shazbat
09-05-2004, 22:19
We like the Macaroni Grill-on the main 192 highway -just along from the Ramada.Live music-nicely decorated-gorgous italian food--superb!
Shazbat.

Ray&Sarah
10-05-2004, 00:13
We always got to Tony Romas, for the best ribe ever and the Olive Garden for superb Italian food. These are a must do on our holidays in Florida, in fact we have found a Tiny Romas near our holiday rental in the Wahsinton area this year just because no one beats their ribs!:D

mikewj
10-05-2004, 03:02
We always make a point of spending time in The Olive Garden (try the free refills on their minestrone soup) and Chevys cos we love Mexican. But we're always on the lookout for new places with a good range of veggie food.

chrisj
10-05-2004, 03:04
Does anyone know of any Greek places ??? , been searching the web etc and cant seem to find
any

fiona
10-05-2004, 04:10
We always go to Cafe D'Antonio's in Celebration, Jimmy Buffet's and often Chillis.

blott
10-05-2004, 04:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Does anyone know of any Greek places ??? , been searching the web etc and cant seem to find any[/quote] You haven't been looking properly! :D

Zorba The Greek
131 N. Orange Ave
Suite 102
Orlando
FL 32801
407-420-4041

Athenian Garden Cafe
2918 N Orange Ave
Orlando
FL 32804-4628
407-898-2151

Cypriana
505 Semoran Blvd
Casselberrry
FL 32707-5305
407-834-8088

Olympia Restaurant
8505 E Colonial Dr
Orlando
FL 32817-3913
407-273-7836

Greek Place
124 West Pine Street
Orlando
407-246-1011

Carla
10-05-2004, 04:51
Might try the Casselberry one Blott. That's the small "arty" town where they also have lots of clairvoyants. You can just stroll around town and then go and see someone who'll read your cards for you.

chrisj
10-05-2004, 12:58
Blott

Thanks, your a star :)

mikewj
10-05-2004, 14:49
Blott,

is there any gap in your knowledge ?

[msnwink]

blott
10-05-2004, 15:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Blott

Thanks, your a star [/quote] [:I][8)][:X]

chrizzy100
10-05-2004, 17:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
For us its Perkins

Friends have raved about I-Hop and outback and so we will go to them as well, but Perkins is
the one we will go to a few times.

Saying that, we like to move around and try new ones as well
[/quote]

Its Perkins for us too.....because we have all the other places here.......my daughters taking me to IHop today for a late mothers days meal......:D

chrisj
10-05-2004, 18:31
Your lucky all we have round here are Burger King Pizza hut etc and they are yuk

Maitland
13-05-2004, 07:06
I'd like to put in a good word for a wonderful little sushi place near Formosa Gardens. Take' Sushi has some of the best specialty rolls our family has ever tried. It's a tradition for us to head there as soon as we check in on Saturday evening. They not only remember my children's names, they know all of our favorites, too. Last year when dh had to stay home to work, they knew right away that he wasn't with us because our order did not include the salmon skin roll. Last summer, we also spent a week just hanging out at the villa pool while our son was recovering from a serious illness. Our first order for that trip was about half the usual size, and as soon as we went in to pick up, the sushi chef was asking if everyone was okay. Anyway, their eel is great (or so my husband & son tell me) and their Philadelphia rolls melt in your mouth. If someone in your party won't try raw fish, there are also rolls made with teriyaki beef or tempura shrimp. Other than Sunday (it's closed), we've ordered from Take' every day of our visit.

Newhomebuyer
13-05-2004, 14:55
We love Seito's in Celebration. The lunch box meals are great value.

Kissyme
14-05-2004, 10:52
We all love Bob Evans on the 192 just along from Splendid China, good food, great staff and the kids like to sit at the counter to eat and watch all the cooking going on

Kissyme
14-05-2004, 14:00
Just as an after thought, last year we went to Denny`s for the first time for breakfast, ordered what we wanted, unbeknown ( Ihope thats a real word) to us the breakfasts are huge, I swear mine came out on a plate the size of a dustbin lid !! needless to say I could`nt finnish mine (although I gave it my best shot)It was lovely so much so we returned later in thweek for an evening meal (also very good) Up shot is we like Denny`s and it is definatly now a regular haunt[msnwink]

mr flibble
14-05-2004, 23:11
Hi:)
It`s OUTBACK for us
Uncle Arnie and I like the cutlery (silverware) [msnwink]
Mr Flibble

Ray&Sarah
15-05-2004, 02:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kissyme
last year we went to Denny`s for the first time for breakfast, ordered what we wanted, unbeknown ( Ihope thats a real word) to us the breakfasts are huge, I swear mine came out on a plate the size of a dustbin lid !!
[/quote]

I made the mistake of ordering a pancake stack on our first visit to Dennys (first visit to the US too!). Three enormous pancakes, only manage one!:)

15-05-2004, 02:59
After spending a student summer in the long distant (1988) in California & coming back expecting the "first born" we are completely off Dennys as this was the only chow hole we could afford then. First born is now a real "Kevin" on steroids so perhaps its the mental leap!

RubAyr
17-05-2004, 17:55
Another vote for Outback !

Also:
Denny's for their Strawberry milkshakes
IHOP for their International Club
and Subway

DMC
17-05-2004, 19:39
For me its the Olive Garden on I'Drive.

The srevice is great and the food is even better, unlimited salad bowls and their Chicken Alfrado Pasta is to die for.

They get my vote everytime.:)

blott
18-05-2004, 02:01
Just had one of our faves at Dunkin' Donuts... toasted bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a Koolatta followed by a Boston Kreme - now that's what I call lunch! :D

chrisj
18-05-2004, 02:06
thats sounds really nice

caroline
18-05-2004, 02:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Just had one of our faves at Dunkin'Donuts... toasted bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a Koolatta followed by a Boston Kreme - now that's what I call lunch! :D
[/quote]

Blottie
Just because you are in Florida there is no need to show off;)
Have a Donut for me[:p]

blott
18-05-2004, 02:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Just had one of our faves at Dunkin'Donuts... toasted bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a Koolatta followed by a Boston Kreme - now that's what I call lunch! :D
[/quote]

Blottie
Just because you are in Florida there is no need to show off;)
Have a Donut for me[:p]
[/quote] Ehm! I'm not really meant to have any of that but, well, hang it all, we're supposed to be on holiday... If you can't treat yourself in between superstores, I mean, why bother to go? :D

Ray&Sarah
18-05-2004, 02:51
Go fo it Blott, worry about the pounds later, you're on holiday.:D

jad
18-05-2004, 05:26
I like Olive Garden, Perkins as a good family restaurant and Dennys for breakfast

Jackie

mr flibble
18-05-2004, 22:42
Hi Blotti:)
Can you try and fax me back a Boston creme[msntongue]
Ian

caroline
19-05-2004, 00:45
I hate to admit this......but I've never eaten a donut in Florida[:I]

I neeeeeeed to go back soon and try these gastronomic delights. Are they very different from the average jam doughnut you get in the UK?

blott
19-05-2004, 01:20
Oh crumbs Caroline, they are absolutely nothing like the jammy ones in the UK! There are what seems to be about 99 varieties with different toppings, fillings, sprinkles, etc. A Boston Kreme is a donut filled with custard and with a chocolate topping - Mmmm, mmmm! There's a store on the opposite side of the 192 from the big orange called Krispy Kreme where you can see them being made if you time it right but they don't have as many choices as Dunkin' Donuts...

chrisj
19-05-2004, 01:35
BLOTT

Your supposed to be on Holiday arnt you :D

Go and have fun

caroline
19-05-2004, 02:05
Oh crumbs Caroline, they are absolutely nothing like the jammy ones in the UK! There are what seems to be about 99 varieties with different toppings, fillings, sprinkles, etc. A Boston Kreme is a donut filled with custard and with a chocolate topping - Mmmm, mmmm! There's a store on the opposite side of the 192 from the big orange called Krispy Kreme where you can see them being made if you time it right but they don't have as many choices as Dunkin' Donuts...
[/quote]

OK That's another thing added to my "to do" list actually I'm changing that to a "must do" list

Chrisj - If you think eating custard filled, chocolate topped donuts isn't fun.... you really need a holiday;)

chrisj
19-05-2004, 02:39
:D:D Yes I do need a holiday only 2 weeks to go and woohooo [8D]

mikewj
19-05-2004, 14:28
We stayed in a hotel in Kissimmee that offered jelly donuts as breakfast.

The amount of sugar made my teeth hurt, but it certainly started the day off with a huge sugar rush !!

blott
19-05-2004, 17:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
BLOTT

Your supposed to be on Holiday arnt you :D

Go and have fun
[/quote]Chris, eating donuts that I'm not allowed to have is FUN as it's something to do that you only do on holiday! :D:D

chrisj
19-05-2004, 17:37
Very true :D

brazie
19-05-2004, 23:45
Shells (seafood restaurant) on the 192 is our favorite restaurant. All there dishes are fantastic and being a canna Scots "person", very reasonable.

chris c
20-05-2004, 01:03
Dennys and Perkins are our family favourites. Also used to visit Shoney's, but haven't been to one for a while.
As you can tell, we are not very adventurous diners.

MrEktion
22-05-2004, 04:51
Our vote (Mrs E and I anyway as the rest of our party don't do spicy) is for Don Pablo's Mexican Kitchen (Intnl Drive, Highway 19 Clearwater, and Opposite Busch Gdns)

Great Tex Mex cuisine, fabulous Sangria and the enormous 27fl oz Margatini (Margarita in a huge Martini glass)

We have one visit per trip when our parents look after our son for the evening. I seem to remember this time my main meal was called El Presidente or something similar and was excellent.

Our first visit was immortalised by the waitress taking our order for an appetiser to share (Nachos Grande) and 2 main courses, she looked us up and down and said "Is anyone else joining you tonight". We looked at her quizzically and replied in the negative. She said "There is far to much food here for 2 people I'll downgrade your appetiser to Nachos Regular and see how you do" and boy was she right!!![msneek]

And for the record Benfilo I guess I am a Bloater[msnsmile]

Mr E.

Cruella DeVilla
27-05-2004, 05:36
Boston Lobster feast: as many lobsters and as much sea food (also meat products) as you can eat for $30. We used to drive up from Miami to go there!! Charley's Steak house, Don Miguels Mexican , Tony Romas, TGIF, Tony Romas on ID, RUBY TUESDAYS. We try to stay away from fast food but Wendys do nice lunch bits, Baked pots and chilli, salads etc and the old man can have a burger!
Strangely though apart from the Boston lobster feast the nicest one I have found is the Thai foodstand at the Mercado, lovely if you like it hot!
Has some c*** food in Perkins, one of the Chinese places off ID and the Ponderosa gave me food poisining for 3 days!
Oh I am starving!
CDV

AndyC
03-06-2004, 02:15
Being first timers to the states a few years back we were accomodated on I-Drive right next to sizzlers, and yes they do a really nice steak but after a week and a bit they too get a bit much, we did try the Red Lobster further down the I-Drive and found this to be good, little on the costly side but it was pretty much the final meal of yth e hols so we didn't mind too much.

I can remember having something called "Gumbo" soup (I think thats what is is called), which I thought was really tasty but cannot remember if it was fish based or not, anyone help?

Susan J
03-06-2004, 14:47
Reminds me of the old Carpenters song - Jambalaya, Cornfish pie, fillet gumbo..... or similar :)
Yes Gumbo is a rich and spicy fish stew

fllion
03-06-2004, 16:16
Try The Corner seafood grill in downtown Clermont

food is Great they have a Bar and out side tiki bar

not many Tourist know about it ,so it's easy to get a table

Best Ribs ive ever had

weemac
03-06-2004, 17:02
We really enjoyed Race Rock along I-drive last year but had to laugh at my father-in-law who saw chicken sandwich on the menu and said that he wanted more than just a sandwich, thinking of course of a sandwich in this country being quite small. My husband ordered the chicken sandwich and boy was it enormous - the usual US portion - my father-in-laws face was a picture!! The food is great and the restaurant is full of racing cars, bikes and racing gear (helmets etc) and arcade games involving cars and racing. It was hard though to get my 4 year old son who loves cars to actually sit down and eat his meal as he was always wanting to get up and sit in a car or have a go of one of the arcade games!:):)

janice
03-06-2004, 17:08
It's got to be Outback, Red Lobster for first night there, tradition, Macaroni Grill on 192, Bahama Breeze LBV, Toojays at Dr, Phillips, Portofinos DTD, Cape May do a mean all u can eat at Disney beach resort, the list is endless and still more to try. [msntongue]

gromit
04-06-2004, 16:17
Our favourite has to be the Cheese Cake Factory located at the Millenia Mall. You can have just about anything there, all good value for money but you must remember to leave room for your cheesecake!

A close second has to be The Olive Garden - fantastic breadsticks and endless salad. Others to try which are very good include The Outback Steakhouse and Chili's. For fast food our favourite has to be Chik-fil-A and Tacobell. If you want something healthy try Subway. If it is something cheap and cheerful then give Denny's or I-Hop a go - never had a bad experience with either!

If you are visiting Florida for the first time then remember the portions are huge - we always have one desert and ask for 2 spoons! Don't forget to tip and don't worry if you have tired children it has to be the best place for kids eating out - nothing has been forgotten for them from good menus and things to keep them amused. Even our 5 month old baby was welcome everywhere - we would be given a booth so that we didn't have to take him out of his car seat!

Wherever you eat enjoy......

Susan J
04-06-2004, 16:20
For a special meal, Del Frisco's in central orlando, or Christinis at Dr Philips.
No one has mentioned seasons 52 yet ?

Carla
04-06-2004, 17:00
Susan, shhhhh. :D:D:D

It's hard enough to get in there already because of the locals!! Have been twice, first time sat inside and second time outside by the lake. Magic out there!!! Wonderful meals too and you don't have to feel guilty about the calories either.
:D:D:D:D

Seriously though folks, Seasons 52 is at Dr Phillips and is well worth the trip. The menu changes every week and everything is delicious, particularly the various flatbreads. Not really a place for young children (babies and toddlers etc.) though.

KarenScott
04-06-2004, 17:52
Carla
That sounds a lovely restaurant, any contact details?
Karen

Carla
04-06-2004, 17:58
Karen, here's what I send to my guests about Seasons 52

SEASON’S 52 – A lovely restaurant which is extremely popular with the locals. The menu changes on a weekly basis and they always have an interesting and very tasty selection, all of which is cooked in a healthy manner – no fries here!! Try the Flatbread starters – you won’t be disappointed. The sweets come in small portions so that you can try one (or two) without breaking the calorie bank. You must phone and make a reservation unless you want to queue for ages, on any evening. Smarter dress required at this restaurant.
Take Interstate 4 North towards Orlando. Exit at Sand Lake Road, junction 74, and turn left at the off ramp lights. Go straight ahead at each set of lights until you see Publix supermarket on your left hand side. Enter the car park and drive up to Seasons 52. The valet will park your car for you free of charge. Tel: 407 354 5212

Did I send you that list that you wanted?

chrizzy100
04-06-2004, 18:04
We tried an Italian place a grill I think on 192....the food was OK...but the service was really bad....I hope they were just having an off day......they also add the tip to the bill.....so I know my hubby will not go again.......

KarenScott
04-06-2004, 19:19
Carla
I don't think you did. I've just emailed you on your home email so you can email me at work.
Regards
Karen

John Boy
04-06-2004, 23:40
WELL AFTER A LONG HARD DAY AT THE PARKS I LIKE TO GO BACK TO THE VILLA AND SIT BY THE POOL AND HAVE A GREAT BIG SLICE OF PAPA JOHNS PIZZAS[msntongue][:p]

george
05-06-2004, 02:28
[quote]Originally posted by Carla

It's hard enough to get in there already because of the locals!! Have been twice, first time sat inside and second time outside by the lake. Magic out there!!! Wonderful meals too and you don't have to feel guilty about the calories either.

Seriously though folks, Seasons 52 is at Dr Phillips and is well worth the trip. The menu changes every week and everything is delicious, particularly the various flatbreads. <span style="color:red">Not really a place for young children (babies and toddlers etc.) though.[/</span id="red">quote]

Why, what do they taste like!![:0][:0]

06-06-2004, 00:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george

Originally posted by Carla

Seriously though folks, Seasons 52 is at Dr Phillips and is well worth the trip. The menu changes every week and everything is delicious, particularly the various flatbreads. <span style="color:red">Not really a place for young children (babies and toddlers etc.) though.[/</span id="red">quote]

Why, what do they taste like!![:0][:0]

Ive got lots George if you want to try one!!

06-06-2004, 00:51
I love the Hard Rock Cafe!!

bridget
06-06-2004, 21:19
Never tried Papa John's Pizza - is it better than Pizza Hut?
3 weeks 5 days and counting... YAY! :D