PDA

View Full Version : OLD TOWN KISSIMMEE

carole7007
12-02-2002, 23:25
Visit 'Old Town' by marker 9 on 192

A good time to go is on Friday or Saturday evenings when the Classic Car Shows are on, there's hundreds of them !!
Fridays cars 1973 - 1987
Saturdays cars 1972 and before

There are amusement rides and lots of specialty shops and restaurants.

Its FREE !!

There is a good atmosphere and lots of little side shows going on.

If you are feeling really brave you can have a bungee !!

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 23:56
I didn't know that they also had clasic cars on Fridays- I thought it was only Saturdays.

Yes-it is good and the cars are brilliant. As Carole says it is free-and they get a good crowd down on weekends and the cars are something else!

Love to watch the bungee rides. I wish I was brave enough to go on-but rather them than me!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
13-02-2002, 15:10
Whilst it is free entry, the rides have to be paid for and it can then turn out to be a bit costly as if it is busy the rides don't last that long but to be fair on a quiet night, they will let them go on forever.

Also the stalls that you can win cuddly toys on, generally have a winner each time so you come away with something.

The shops are good for a browse and there is cheap beer and food items, so it is well worth a visit. I too haven't done the bungee jump and can honestly say, I NEVER WILL!!

markemma
13-02-2002, 17:41
We always visit old town on a Friday or Saturday night to watch the car cruise, Mark went on the bungey once, but not me.

imported_admin
14-02-2002, 00:04
We do the 300 foot sky-coaster every time we go - I go on my my 2 children (now age 6 and 7) and we all love it despite it being the most scary ride ever!

----------------
Roger

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-02-2002, 15:55
Your're a braver man than me then Roger!

John

athurstance
18-02-2002, 00:27
I'm impressed, Roger. I keep looking at that thing and thinking I should give it a go but haven't plucked up the courage yet. Maybe next time!

deluxevillas
19-02-2002, 03:29
Wow! Brave man. I'd love to act like a hero but its hard to keep up an image like that when you're throwing up over the watching (laughing) crowd!

porky
19-02-2002, 11:38
I think the phrase 'smell it, I was sat in it!' springs to my mind.

Jacqui

Theresa
19-02-2002, 21:32
If you look through the coupon books there is one for a free ride on the Ferris Wheel at Old Town.