PDA

View Full Version : Best seats on the plane

Nigel W
07-05-2004, 01:25
We are flying with Virgin from Manchester on Sunday any reccomendations of where to sit. We have an infant with us so the exit seats are a no no. Does the back get more turbulance??

millie
07-05-2004, 01:59
You can book your seats with virgin in advance and I would recommend the middle - least turbulence over the wings!!!!

If you phone virgin you can request bulkhead seats if you have an infant. They are reserved for people travelling with an infant who needs a skycot. If your little one is under one you are basically guarenteed one. If they are between 1 and 2 i.e. sitting on your lap they will make you a priority for any that are left over. You need to get to checkin very early to increase your chances. We managed to get bulkhead seats on the way out and back and it made it huge difference as our little girl had to sit on our lap. It meant she had more room to move around.

In any case I would phone virgin - they are very helpful and will do what they can.. Good luck!

chrisj
07-05-2004, 02:10
I would also have thought seats over the wings would be less turbulant

Ray&Sarah
07-05-2004, 02:36
Bit cold out on those wings though chrisj!:D:D:D

chrisj
07-05-2004, 02:37
Not if you have thermals on :D

wilfy
07-05-2004, 13:13
where you sit should make no difference on expierience of turbulance.
Sarah likes to have her face glue'd to a window on our trips, so we normally try and pre-book.

Snapper
31-05-2004, 20:37
Closer to the front usually gets you off quicker and puts you closer to the front of the queue for immigration.

lgordon6041
31-05-2004, 21:11
Hi

Every seat experiences exactly the same turbulence during a flight. As for noise, seats near the front are generally quieter albeit not by much. If you sit aft of the engine exhausts, chances are it will be noisier. The closer you sit to the front of your class the quicker you will disembark.

Have a great time

Lee

gromit
01-06-2004, 15:24
Hi

With reference to turbulence, it does matter where you sit to a degree. The way commercial airliners are designed requires the use of a yaw damper, without going into all the nitty gritty, it basically means the tail is constantly moving during the flight (in or out of turbulence), in general it means the nearer the front you are the better the ride - obviously though this will be dependant on the centre of gravity, which varies each flight.

Susan J
01-06-2004, 21:14
I think nearer the front makes a difference - and none of the noise of wings openeing etc
The back of the plane can make me feel a little sickly.
Window Seat is always good, and not too near the loo's [ which are noisy, and people queue for them which may block you in ] or galley.
Have a look on www.virginflyer.co.uk