PDA

View Full Version : advice please

marv
03-05-2004, 03:06
well we have just got back and stayed at the double tree villas in maingate. It was a base, and was a nice place , but we would like to rent a big villa in 2006 for 4 weeks. We loved it so much in florida we want to stay longer so our time there can be a bit more relaxing. I would like some advice on where to start, can i book this far in advance, and can flights be booked.
Any information would be appreciated.

Marv

blott
03-05-2004, 03:23
Pleased to hear that you had a good time and want to rent a villa for your next visit.

Although you can book a home in advance, you can usually only book flights about 330 days in advance of your return date. However, there are a lot of airlines out there but perhaps only one rental home that you 'have to have'.

You'll easily be able to book flights if you book your villa first if you get onto the flight situation as soon as the flights are released.

Try making an enquiry for the villa with www.orlandovillas.com www.villasflorida.com or www.onlinefloridavillas.com or click on the links at the top of each forum page (you need to do all three as each site has different home owners) and see what response you get for your chosen dates.

Ruth
03-05-2004, 03:25
Hi Marv,
I am delighted you had such a good holiday and want to go back to Orlando again. Most owners would be happy to take a booking for 2006 now but you won't be able to book flights for a while yet. As you want to go for 4 weeks I would recommend you enquire about suitable villas as soon as possible as then you will be more likely to get your first choice. In the unlikely event that you need to change your dates by a day or two when the flights are released most owners would be happy to do that (subject to availability of course). I know I usually have to alter at least a couple of bookings a year for similar reasons and I am always happy to do that at no charge.:)

Ray&Sarah
03-05-2004, 03:42
Mary,
Glad you enjoyed Florida, and are looking to return in 2006, with the freedom that a villa will give your party. As Blott and Ruth have said flights cannot be booked that far in advance but the search for that villa can start now.
Happy searching[8D][msnsmile2]

Rhosyn
03-05-2004, 11:10
Hi Marv
So glad you enjoyed your holiday and want to go back for 4 weeks we have the same problem never want to come home, on our last day usually fly home around tea time, we spend it shopping with the teens as they are very sad to go home but they also know any cash left over they can spend, it keep them occupied. It is never too early to book especially if you want the best pick of the villas. Have a fab 4 week in 2006[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
03-05-2004, 13:35
Hi Mary
I'm glad you had such a great time. As you say the hotels are fine for a base but when you save for such a long time for your holiday you dont want to just "put up" with your accommodation, you want it to be part of and enhance the whole experience so it really is worth paying just a little extra (if your party needs 2 hotel rooms then often it can even work out cheaper) for the added privacy, space (even from the rest of the party) etc.
Most homeowners would be happy to take the booking now and would maybe be able to be a little flexible if you couldnt get flights for your exact dates but it isnt always possible if you have back to back bookings. However the chances of not getting flights for the right dates are fairly slim if you contact the travel agents 1 year in advance.

chris c
03-05-2004, 14:53
Hello Marv,

You are not the only person looking so far ahead. I had an enquiry a few days ago from someone interested in booking for 2006. She had recently had a baby and wanted to take her out when she was two to do the Disney bit!!