PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Palms

BlueDaze
03-05-2004, 01:07
Staying at Windsor Palms August/September and have not seen a lot of mention of it on here.
Stayed at Southern Dunes last time (4 yrs ago), nice but a little bit out of the way, so thought we would go for somewhere a bit nearer the action...

Views anyone....??

imported_n/a
03-05-2004, 03:03
We stayed at Windsor Palms in Feb of this year and it was everything we expected and more.

It is a beautiful community and the facilities are fantastic - plus its so close to the 192. You won't be disappointed - have a great trip.

formosa
03-05-2004, 22:24
we stayed at windsor palms last may it was fantastic we stayed in a 4 bed with pool, it is gated 24 hours a day it has a coffee shop,a shop for small items a cinema gym snooker table community pool all inside a lovely club house you can sit inside on big lovely sofas without being bothered with a coffee in one hand a paper in the other it is fab[msnsmile]it is lovely and quite and is situated just off the 192 down formosa gardens boulevard past splendid china on your right then indian creek follow it down to the bottom and on the right is windsor palms formely known as wyndham palms[msnwink]it is fantastic please dont hesitate to email me with any questions have a super time[msncool]:)

caseyd
04-05-2004, 06:18
I have a question for those of you who have stayed at Windsor Palms. I was in Orlando for a week in April and drove through Windsor Palms, as I have considered staying there on our next visit (we were in Greater Groves in April and loved the space out there but would like to be closer to to Disney and I4). One thing that bothered me about Windsor Palms is the lack of privacy in back of the villas. The vast majority of the villas are right up against the neighbors on each side in the back of the vill awhere the pools are, adn there are no privacy plantings at all that I coudl see. It looked like you woudl be out in the open when on your pool deck, patio, or in your pool. There were only two or three streets we could see in the whole area that did not back onto someone else's pool, and those were villas that bordered on the outside egde of the community so they looked over what appeared to be undeveloped area.
Does it not bother you to be so out in the open and have no privacy in the back of the house? Maybe I am wrong and this doesn't really matter due to the other amentities and closeness to Dinsey? Actually , all of the areas we drove through in that same area by SPlendid China had villas that were all very open to each other in the back pool areas. Maybe that is the trade off-- you get closeness to Disney but not as much privacy (unless you are lucky to get a vill aon the end streets of the community that do not back right up to another villa?)

imported_n/a
04-05-2004, 13:11
We didn't notice that aspect as everything was so fantastic about the community we really had not complaints. We liked it so much that we bought on Windsor Hills. Having gone around some of the other communities looking for property I would say that the closeness on Winsor Palms is no different to any other - exept of course Formosa Gardens - the homes there are much further apart and have more privacy.

BlueDaze
05-05-2004, 04:47
We are lucky enough to have a villa that has no neighbours to the rear...
We are really looking forward to residing closer to the parks and a greater choice of restaurants.
A couple of further questions :
1) Quickest way to Disney..? Straight up Formosa Gdns and right to main entrance.? or is there a quicker route.? (will be there late August, so fairly busy..)
2) Nearest supermarket.? (Walmart preferably)

Thanks again..

Parrothead
14-05-2004, 12:36
You will have a great time at Windsor Palms. We stayed in a home here 2 years ago, we like it so much, we bought it!
The nearest supermarket is Winn Dixi, at Formosa Plaza, nearest WalMart, at the moment way down the other end of 192, but a new one should be opened in September, at the junction of Hwy 27 and the 192.
Our home, by the way, is NOT overlooked at the rear, and has neck high privacy hedging to both sides.
It is up to the individual owners what plantings they have.
We will be back in September too, a good time to go :D

Silver Dollar
13-06-2004, 07:37
Have stayed in Windsor Palms and loved it. My kids had a whale of time every day and I found it so relaxing letting them go off and do their own thing.

Newhomebuyer
13-06-2004, 11:13
Hi Bluedaze,
You will be pleased to hear that late August may not be as busy as you imagine. Most of the schools in the US are back by then so many of the visitors are Brits. Now that does mean that the villas are busy but the theme parks are not at their peak. This applies particularly to the last week.
There is a route to Animal Kingdom which is quicker than following the Disney signs, and that is to cross the 192 into the centre lane (as soon as you have turned right out of Formosa) and then take the left turn at Sherboth Road. I don't think this route is any quicker if you are going to MGM MK or EPCOT. When I am going to those I just follow the Disney signs and turn right off the 192 into World drive.

Silver Dollar
17-06-2004, 16:23
Never really noticed lack of space to be honest I was just taken with the quality of the villas and condos I've stayed in and the fact that my kids could be self entertained with so much while I laid out by the pool reading my Woman's Own in peace. Great place, I'd stay there every time if I could.

chrizzy100
17-06-2004, 19:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Hi Bluedaze,
You will be pleased to hear that late August may not be as busy as you imagine. Most of the schools in the US are back by then so many of the visitors are Brits. Now that does mean that the villas are busy but the theme parks are not at their peak. This applies particularly to the last week.
There is a route to Animal Kingdom which is quicker than following the Disney signs, and that is to cross the 192 into the centre lane (as soon as you have turned right out of Formosa) and then take the left turn at Sherboth Road. I don't think this route is any quicker if you are going to MGM MK or EPCOT. When I am going to those I just follow the Disney signs and turn right off the 192 into World drive.
[/quote]

In May I don't think I heard an American accent in the parks......I was begining to think we were in Yorkshire.......[:o)]

alison166
01-07-2004, 20:08
Can anyone tell me if there are any development works on this site at the moment or are all villas etc built?

Thanks guys

Ali

caseyd
02-07-2004, 00:57
I drove around there in April (up and down every street- the guard let us in to browse when we tol dhim we were considering staying there) and saw no development or construction at all in WP or next to it. The houses on the perimter of the development have open land behind them though, and I don't know what plans, if any, there are for that land.

Parrothead
04-07-2004, 14:39
There are no building works going on at Windsor Palms. It was finished last year.(I think) I was there in February, and do not remember seeing anything. Am going back in September. I was told the open land is 'conservation'.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Parrothead/200474103939_Parrot_in_cage.gif

BlueDaze
05-07-2004, 04:21
Not too far away is 'Windsor Hills', which from what I have read is a new construction site.
From the map I have seen, it is near 'World of Orchids'.

Parrothead
05-07-2004, 14:02
Windsor Hills,
I have been following a thread on another forum about this development. The same builder as Windor Palms. The construction has been closed down for a while, they changed the plans of the homes after getting planning permission. Changed the 4 bed 2 car garage in to a 5 bed 1 car garage. They were given a couple of weeks to put this right or else......
I feel sorry for the folks who have paid deposits to these builders, their homes will not be ready anytime soon:(

fiona
05-07-2004, 16:44
There are plenty of houses on these communities that are not back to back with other villas, certainly there are at Rolling Hills.

Windsor Hills will have their entrance on the road where World of Orchids and Indian Ridge and Indian Ridge Oaks. There is a sand raod that leads to these communities if you go past Windsor Palms.