PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

Amirah
02-05-2004, 22:19
We are going to Orlando from October 29 to November 5 this year.

How's the weather around this time on average?

Will it be warm enough to do these two waterparks?

Which park is more suitable for a 9 year old?

Pleae help! This will help us decide whether or not to go with the Park Hopper Plus tickets.

Thanks.

andy and ann hales
02-05-2004, 22:44
The weather should be ok I think you have a 50/50 chace of having it hot enough to enjoy a day at a water park.

They are both ok for a 9 yr old.

We like blizard beach best.

Have a wonderful time!!

Fozzie
02-05-2004, 23:47
Hi,

The weather should be easily warm enough, you may need to just keep an eye on the forecast to decide the precise day.

We managed to have a good day (late 70's) at Blizzard beach this year in the middle of February !! [8D]

Both of the Disney Water parks are fantastic, Typhoon Lagoon has a large bay with waves coming every few minutes, but its not so good when its very busy as you can get knocked about by the waves and other people!, but it would be fine in October.

Blizzard beach has some great rides for all the family, and is our favourite.

Both the water parks are fantastic days out, and a great break from the main parks.

Ray&Sarah
03-05-2004, 00:00
Agree with Fozzie, Blizzard beach is a great day out, with plenty to do, lots of water chutes, and a lovely calm bay area. Enjoy[8D]

Amirah
03-05-2004, 10:14
Thank you ver much...I think we'll do Blizzard Beach. After doing some reading and reading your comments, it is the better choice.

Thanks again!

Ray&Sarah
03-05-2004, 13:33
Amirah,

When you come back let us know how you did on Summit Plummit!:D[msnwink]

Fozzie
03-05-2004, 18:58
My nine year old daughter did it the first time we went there, it took a bit of coaching but she made it.

Now she just says 'NO WAY':)

wrpac00
03-05-2004, 22:00
Both are good but we prefer Blizzard Beach. Get there as it opens that way you can go on everything a couple of times before it gets too busy.

Paul

trevlad
05-05-2004, 02:38
typhoon lagoon's the man, wave pool, rides, lazy river, swimming with those sharks and more room for sun bathing. kids off playing dad sitting with his feet in the water reading property mags!!!!!!!!!

dreamy

Carla
05-05-2004, 05:09
Got to agree with you there trevlad. We vote for Typhoon Lagoon, every time. I just love that Lazy River.
Blizzard Beach has great rides, but it's just so WHITE everywhere!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

Ray&Sarah
05-05-2004, 12:31
Our eldest did Summit Plummet when he was 7, he was so small I couldn't see him at the top. He loved it and went back for more with his Dad, me I couldn't even watch after the first time.

LesleyB
09-05-2004, 22:54
The queues were too long when we were at blizzard beach (that's my excuse) for summit plummit, but we definitely prefer Blissard Beach to Typhoon Lagoon.

Lesley

LesleyB
09-05-2004, 22:55
The queues were too long when we were at blizzard beach (that's my excuse) for summit plummit, but we definitely prefer Blissard Beach to Typhoon Lagoon.

Lesley

Nostromo
18-05-2004, 18:14
I had made up my mind to answer this very question on our recent trip, but could not be sure myself.

The weather should be great at that time of the year. Not too hot.

Both are excellent and among Disney's best parks. BB is more thrilling and has the bigger rides while TL is nicely landscaped and more relaxing. My opinion is that one should go to BB as an active park visit ie as one would go to IoA; on the other hand, TL is a great place to relax after busy two or three days at the major theme parks. The Surf Pool and Shark Reef at TL add that little extra.

Overall, I would say try to do both. If you have time for only one, perhaps TL has a slight edge, especially for your 9 year old.

pigletsplace2003
21-05-2004, 18:40
Has to be Typhoon Lagoon for a more relaxing day out ( the wave machine is amazing ), Blizzard beach is the one if you require more rides. Both great though. :D:D

trevlad
28-05-2004, 05:53
just got back and typhoon lagoon won again. not well sign posted though . but if you head for the downtown disney signs,and cirque de soliel, its just after. also dont forget take your $10 all you can drink mug back the second day and you can just buy a sticker for$6.

imagine what you could do with those $4.
ceaser salad
2 x $ mugs when you hand back the locker key
kids hot dog
ice cream sundae
fridge magnet
waffle cone
beer
most of a chicken wrap
1/5th of a big towel

answers on a postcard!!chi [8D][8D]

jovi
21-06-2004, 01:44
Hi, I like typhoon lagoon the best, but the kids love blizzard beach, try to get there early and round the outside of the park, by the lazy river tubes there are some decked areas which are great to sit and relax and have some food or drink they have benches to sit at.

CarolAnn
27-08-2004, 13:45
October time will be fine for the water parks:)[8D]The queues will be a lot lighter too!!:D

We prefer Typhoon I think, I find Blizzard feels more concrete like[:p]Though the water activities,slides etc are wicked [^] Though I adore watching Summit Plummet, there is NO WAY I could do it[msneek][msnscared]
You won't go wrong in either park to be fair;)

linda.s
27-08-2004, 14:28
Typhoon for me too - everytime! The kids also liked the big wave machine - The screams everytime the "Boom" came signalling a new big wave! I found it more relaxing, although I find all the water parks relaxing, as I don't do water very much, so I tend to sit and read, but the snorkelling was great fun too. Blizzard Beach has my vote as the whitest park in the world! It is good fun, but I prefer TL!

moodyvilla
08-09-2004, 03:04
We reakon that if you could move the wave pool at Typoon into Blizzard you would have the best water park in the world. As it stands though it's got to be blizzard apart from the slides are better it just doesn't feel as crowded and I reakon there are more things for a 9 year old to do.

PaulRocke17
09-09-2004, 23:58
Blizzard Beach is for me the best water park. I find that there is far more to do, for young and old(er), and there is generally more room. Typhoon Lagoon can get very busy, and the main attraction seems to be a big wave. Anyone heard of the sea? Yeah both are good in their own ways, but for me Blizzard Beach is the only option. Unless of course there's time for both. :D

amy
10-09-2004, 03:30
They are both great, but would go for BB if I had to choose[msnsmile]

Tim Barry
12-09-2004, 16:10
Hi All

Just a little update on things

Blizzard Beach will be closed for refurbishment October 24 - November 30, 2004.

regards

Tim

CarolAnn
12-09-2004, 17:10
Sad if you are in Fl at the time and planning to go:(But good to know these things are so GREAT , because they are looked after:D

Kiddie001
12-10-2004, 17:59
---------------------------------------------------
Hi All

Just a little update on things

Blizzard Beach will be closed for refurbishment October 24 - November 30, 2004.

regards

Tim
----------------------------------------------------

Glad I read this - we are off on monday 18th, so now we know we can fit it in to the first week!

cheers Tim :D