PDA

View Full Version : pool heater

brizzle
02-05-2004, 02:08
If the pool heater is on should I notice a definite difference in temp?
Also should the big box (in our case called PerfecTEMP) be making a noise or at least the big fan spinning?

Don't think ours is on and if it is it's making no difference.

Suggestions?

Brizzle

huckleberry house
02-05-2004, 02:33
It all depends what temperature it is set for and the current water temperature as to whether you will notice a difference or not,my pool pump does make a noise and the fan spins when the pump is on,when the heater kicks in as well the noise increases slightly.Get your mc to check the temperature on the heater and increase if necessary.

Lesley

brizzle
02-05-2004, 02:38
Thanks, I have emailed the owner (she lives locally) and she's been great so far so I'm sure we'll sort something. We didn't originally want a heated pool but decided yesterday that we need something to take the edge off of the water temp. She said she'd get someone to do it last night or this morning. I assumed she had but maybe it's not on yet. If it is on then I now don't want it as it doesn't make a difference....god damn renters, pain in the bottom [:I]

It's still damn hot here...[8D]

Brizzle
'relaxing on one of the best family hols so far'

Carla
02-05-2004, 02:55
Hi Brizzle

The big fan should definitely be spinning if the heater is on. It only stops spinning when the water has reached the correct temperature. Most owners set this to around 84 degrees F.

An electric heater can take up to 24 hours to heat up a largish pool from very cold. If it has a cover, make sure that you put that on whenever you are not using the pool, and especially at night, as this will help it to retain the heat once it has heated up.

Have a great time.
:D:D:D:D

Rhosyn
02-05-2004, 10:35
Talking about pool cover, going off the thread a little. each villa we have rented when taking the cover off most of the bits end up in the pool, have noticed that some villas have (don't know the exact word for it) but a wind up thing at the end with the pool cover attached. Any ideas on where to purchase this. I hope somebody can understand what I'm on about. It is early in the morning...............
Beryl[:o)][:o)]

DaveL
02-05-2004, 12:21
Your local 'Pinch a Penny' pool shop will have them. They range from about $100 for the small static ones to about $250 for the 'deluxe' on wheels. Prices may have change a bit as I purchased my last one about 5 years ago.

Regards Dave

jad
02-05-2004, 18:50
also I think our pool heater is linked to a timer so depends when you were looking at it. So even if someone switched it on then it may not actually come on until the timer kicks in. I think our is set for around 8am to 8pm.
Question for someone "If the pool heater is on will it be linked to the same timer settings as the filter thingie (technical stuff here)"

We were there a couple of weeks ago and the pool was lovely and warm so we definitely could tell the heater was on - your MC should be able to take its temp

Jackie

george
02-05-2004, 18:52
We want to see the trip report when you come back.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Thanks, I have emailed the owner (she lives locally) and she's been great so far so I'm sure we'll sort something. We didn't originally want a heated pool but decided yesterday that we need something to take the edge off of the water temp. She said she'd get someone to do it last night or this morning. I assumed she had but maybe it's not on yet. If it is on then I now don't want it as it doesn't make a difference....god damn renters, pain in the bottom [:I]

It's still damn hot here...[8D]

Brizzle
'relaxing on one of the best family hols so far'
[/quote]

DaveL
02-05-2004, 19:17
The heater will normally only function while the pool pump is running. So if the timer is off for the pool pump then the heater goes off at the same time. The heater may be off while the pump is running if it has reached its set temp.

Regards Dave

chris c
03-05-2004, 01:37
We bought our pool roller last November from Pinch a Penny and it cost $199 + tax. The pool cover was supplied with the heater.