PDA

View Full Version : Assorted restaurant & fast food reviews - April 04

phaedra
01-05-2004, 19:32
We had a few meals out and the most consistent for quality was the KFC at the top of I-Drive opposite Wet & Wild!. Our kids tend to prefer the usual fast food outlets or the amazing value 5 for $5 frozen ready meals from Publix!.

Perkins at I-Drive/Sand Lake Rd

We had a late breakfast here and found the service very slow, the meals were very nice but rather small and the kids nearly threw up after getting their drink refills which turned out to be root beer instead of diet coke!. A bit expensive at $45 plus tip for 4 breakfasts and 4 soft drinks.

Pizza Hut on I-Drive

Terrible service, we waited 35 mins for our meal and several other tables were also complaining about the slow service, one had waited 45mins only to be told they had burnt the pizza and it would be a further 20mins before a replacement was ready!. Prices were inflated (being on I-Drive) and the quality was just about OK with the centre of the Pizzas being soft as they had been cooked too fast as usual. Even a take-away pizza took a 30 min wait and at nearly $15 for a large pizza it was $5 more than we paid for the same thing from the Pizza Hut beside Busch Gardens the previous week with a free 2L bottle of Coke thrown in!.

Sizzlers on I-Drive opposite the Best Western Movieland

Not bad, food was the usual huge breakfast buffet but at $4.99 for adults was $1 more than any other Sizzler or most of the other 'all-you-can-stuff-down-your-neck' places we've used.

KFC on I-Drive opposite Wet & Wild

Good service, hot meals and good staff. We ate here 4 times and had a couple of take-aways during the 2 weeks and never had a problem, I'd recommend the chicken strips instead of the usual KFC several piece meals as every piece you get is chicken breast with no bones etc.

Burger King on I-Drive/Sand Lake Rd

Very poor, we tried this twice, very slow service (seems to be the norm for BKs all over Florida the last few times we've used them) and the meals were never hot.

Burger King on E. Busch Blvd. Tampa

Terrible, worst meal of the holidays award!. They got the order wrong, put pickles/sauces etc. on my burger twice and the food was barely warm. Avoid!.

SeaWorld Hospitality Centre

Beer ...........

Awful!, don't know what happened but this year all the beers we tried (and we did try them all!) at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens tasted awful, very bitter with a nasty after taste. We've never had a problem with them any other time and the bottled Buds I bought from Publix were fine.

Food ...........

Worst value is the 'Sausage Meal', this is a medium sized hot dog in a bun with a bit of Sauerkraut and Coleslaw on a plate at $6.99

Best value has to be the 'Beef Stew', this is a large round bread cobbler (about the size and shape of half a football) hollowed out and filled with beef (lots of it), vegatables and a thick gravy. It takes a while to get through it and you certainly feel fed when (if) you finish it all!. Don't be surprised if people stare at you when you get to a table, most people buy the turkey or ham club sandwich meals and then wish they'd bought yours instead! :D

steph_goodrum
01-05-2004, 21:43
"Best value has to be the "Beef Stew", this is a large round bread cobbler (about the size and shape of half a football) hollowed out and filled with beef (lots of it), vegatables and a thick gravy. It takes a while to get through it and you certainly feel fed when (if) you finish it all!. Don't be surprised if people stare at you when you get to a table, most people buy the turkey or ham club sandwich meals and then wish they'd bought yours instead"

Jeff - How could you? Its taken me 2 weeks to stop wishing i was back there and you go and do this to me!!!! I had the stew and it was delicious, its so nice to get something that isnt served with chips, thats why I like Golden Corral as well you can get vegetables , potatoes and gravy. The bread bowl was great wasnt it, the gravy made the soft dough taste like dumplings?

phaedra
01-05-2004, 22:02
Sorry about that Steph [:I]

But, just to add insult to injury .................... I ate all of mine and about 1/3 of Jareds as well!, he was so stuffed he couldn't eat all the beef or the bread bowl :D

I must admit I did make a point of getting one the first chance I got, it really is VERY nice .................. ah well, hopefully only another 32 weeks until the next one :D

steph_goodrum
02-05-2004, 00:43
I can get my own back now Jeff, we'll be back in September.:D:D:D
I didnt quite manage all the bowl but even my veggie daughter decided she couldnt resist it and finished off what was left of the bread.

Pikey1999
11-05-2004, 03:26
Ok, I'm sold. Where did you say this is sold? [:p]

steph_goodrum
11-05-2004, 11:04
Pikey
Its in Seaworld in the Grill in the Anheuser Busch hospitality center. I cant remember the name of the grill but there is only one in there so you can find it on the map.