PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe

carole7007
12-02-2002, 22:50
Has anyone dined here ?

We have always looked but it has been so busy we would have had to wait for ages for a table.

Is it worth waiting for ?

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 23:25
No-I've never felt enticed in. It's always looked too busy and too expensive for what ultimately is fast food.

When we want snacky food- we usually have a chic-fila garden salad and then save ourselves for a slap-up on a night!

The best Disney food we found was The Crystal Palace at the MK with the Winnie the Pooh characters.
All u can eat for about $17-good fun and food pretty ok.

Orlandobabe

markemma
19-02-2002, 15:47
We went there once and actually really enjoyed it, its great for the kids and good fun to watch the animals take it in turns to do something. Its a bit more pricey than your normal restaurant but worth a visit I would say.
Downtown Disney is a good place to spend an evening aswell.

Emma

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-02-2002, 16:07
We went last time we were in Florida and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our 3 year old was a bit scared of the gorillas at first but when he got used to it he liked them.

Every time we went to another restaurant for the rest of the vacation he kept asking us where the gorillas were!

It's a bit pricey and the food wasn't the best we have had (it was good though).

John & Sarah

Ruth
21-02-2002, 03:10
We have eaten there once and would definitely say it was worth waiting for. It is different from normal restaurants and made a nice change.

fiona
23-02-2002, 22:47
We ate there 2 years ago and food was so bad we haven't been back.

However, they have now changed the menu, but we can't decide if we want to spend so much money and risk it!

Fiona

Malcolm
06-06-2002, 19:32
We've been to the one at Downtown Disney about three times now and the food has always been excellent. The servers are very efficient (I know they want the tips!) and all the various goings on in the rainforest are very entertaining.

Definately go at least once once.

Malcolm Currie

caroline
06-06-2002, 20:29
Hi Malcolm
I agree we've always had a good time, although we prefer the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom.

Caroline

bonnie
09-06-2002, 18:24
We havebeen to both AK and Downtown Disney locations and both were excellent.....it is a fun place to go . Bonnie

Dads_Taxi
29-03-2010, 05:09
We ate at the Animal Kingdom's Rain Forest Cafe this afternoon, first time we've been. We only waited a couple of minutes for our table. Food was absolutely fantastic, albeit over-priced for the type of food they serve. However the animatronics, simulated thunderstorm (ironically there was a real one going on outside) and the great family atmosphere made it all feel worth the extra expense.

Only thing that let the place down was the restrooms (well the Gents restroom) which I thought was not up to the expected standard of cleanliness.

Jill
29-03-2010, 13:13
We have used Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney, Nashiville and in London - they all have the same menu and all have the animals, thunderstorms and fish tanks. Even though our 2 are grown up they still enjoy the 'entertainment' and watching the fish. We have never had a bad meal but admit it is not the cheapest place to eat it does have a friendly atmosphere and we have always had servers.

Albert the Frog
29-03-2010, 14:22
We got into the habit of making this our last meal whilst in both Florida and Paris but it is now so much more expensive than other restaurants we have decided to give it a miss from now on.

ujpest doza
29-03-2010, 15:50
I noticed last time we were in Florida that even though AK closed at 5PM there would often still be the odd car driving up to the gates when we went passed to go down Sherberth Road.

Is the Rainforest Cafe open at Night at AK and if so is this why there always still seemed to be some cars heading into it's parking lot?

ShirleyD
29-03-2010, 22:13
We enjoyed it, but it was one of our more expensive meals, even though it was nothing special food wise. I guess you pay for the suroundings!

KH2508
30-03-2010, 16:30
We were there in October, we had to queue for a table for ages then were sat right in front of the elephant who trumpeted loud and frequently.[msnscared] The service was good but the food wasn't anything special for the cost.

anorak
31-03-2010, 06:34
I found the Rainforest Cafe in Ft Lauderdale at the outlet mall there, Sawgrass, was much better service and a better experience all round than the Downtown Disney one.
Its probably the same price at both, don't know, haven't been for a few years now, was not cheap then but it was good fun.
Only went to Animal Kingdom for the first time a few weeks ago, even though I get in free, I didn't even notice they had a Rainforest Cafe there, I must walk around with my eyes shut.

ujpest doza
31-03-2010, 14:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
I found the Rainforest Cafe in Ft Lauderdale at the outlet mall there, Sawgrass, was much better service and a better experience all round than the Downtown Disney one.
Its probably the same price at both, don't know, haven't been for a few years now, was not cheap then but it was good fun.
Only went to Animal Kingdom for the first time a few weeks ago, even though I get in free, I didn't even notice they had a Rainforest Cafe there, I must walk around with my eyes shut.
[/quote]The Rainforest Cafe at AK is next to the ticket booths at the entrance,may even be outside the gates.

Andrena
06-04-2010, 03:00
I had always resisted going there, but my son and his wife insisted we try it and I was agreeably surprised. I had the best Baby Back Ribs I have had in a while, not greasy and fatty as in some other places I had tried. We have been back several times since and it has been just as good.

Andrena