PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Disney with 5 year old

babybelle
26-04-2004, 23:25
I have a 5 year old who is not very brave. Any good ideas of where to take him in Disney.

Lila

mm69340
26-04-2004, 23:28
When we went last August we had a 5y/o who was not the bravest. We went on It's a small world a million times!!!

Anyway- we took her everywhere as she still loved to see ALL OF IT! Dinner at Cinderella's Castle was great- Abby just didn't do any rides. She did It's a Small World and Pooh- other than that I think she sat out!

Ray&Sarah
27-04-2004, 00:29
He would love a character breakfast![msnsmile2]

george
27-04-2004, 00:31
Take him where he wants to go. No tears then[:o)]

chrisj
27-04-2004, 00:42
I would have said the same as George, just go to the park and see where he wants to go, im
sure he will just love it

Ann-Marie
27-04-2004, 01:14
My son loved the Peter Pan ride when he was that age!:)

Ann-Marie

babybelle
27-04-2004, 02:48
Thanks for all your advice. I think we will work our way around Disney world. We are only going to have one day their as we are going to be looking to buy a townhome the other two days...[msncool]

Lila

fiona
27-04-2004, 03:47
My eldest was not at all brave when we first went out when she was 9 - her 5 year old sister though was a demon on anything remotely whooshy or scary! There is loads to do at Magic Kingdom without them having to go on anything they don't like.

jtijani
29-11-2004, 03:57
All the parks have 3D showsm which doesnt include rides. My daughter was four last year when we went, she still talks about it till today. Universal Island of adventure, Universal Studio and Disney Studios and Disney Magic Kingdom. She also loves Disney Animal Park. Even though I think hte park is a waste of time. That is my opinion. I am sure a lot of people love it.

linda allen
29-11-2004, 12:49
Lila, Last July we went over to sign the contracts on our villa and only had 3 days there. We took along our 2 sons who were then 3 and 2 years old. We promised them 1 day at the Magic Kingdom and it worked very well.
Peter Pans flight, Winnie the poo's ride and buz lightyears spaceranger spin were their favourites.
We ate in Crystal Palace there which was very good. During the meal Winnie the poo, tigger,eeyor, and piglet visit your table, the boys loved it.
At the moment "It's a small world" is closed for refurbishment, I think it reopens about May, there is a thread about this.
Have fun and happy house hunting.

CarolAnn
28-12-2004, 18:48
I think the longest queue we have ever stood in was for Winnie the Pooh when it was new,but worth it!! Our daughter was 10 then and NOT the bravest, in fact until this year we always made do with the shows, and the gentle rides, never dull moment and every bit as enjoyable :)