PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Delivery

jon
19-07-2002, 19:18
Hi y'all,
We're arriving at Highlands Reserve next Sat. 27th. Does anyone know of an online grocery store where I could order some provisions before we leave for delivery to our villa on the Sunday morning. After spending most of Saturday travelling from London via Charlotte with 4 kidz the last thing we want to do on the first day of our holiday is to do a food shop! Other suggestions also gratefully received!

Jon

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-07-2002, 19:26
A lot of villa owners can arrange for a grocery pack to be waiting for you on your arrival at the villa. Have you asked the people you are renting from if this is possible?

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

tonyjameswright
19-07-2002, 20:52
try

www.classicengland.co.uk

they will deliver UK goods to anywhere in the world

Karen

fiona
19-07-2002, 21:51
If the people you're renting from can't organise a "starter pack" you have a 24hr walmart only 5 mins up the road from Highlands Reserve. Turn right out of HR and carry on, Wm is on the left hand side at traffic lights.

Alternatively, turn right out of RH and head back to Disney and there is a Publix. Sorry I don't know the hours of that one, but I am sure someone will!

We are also doing the hop-over but on Tuesday via Atlanta. He goes to the supermarket while I unpack.

Fiona

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-07-2002, 22:31
We normally stop at a 7-11 (they are everywhere) and get some basic things like milk etc etc.

We always go out for breakfast the next morning as we are starving after never having enough food on the flights over.

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

steph_goodrum
19-07-2002, 22:47
Fiona
Which Walmart are you talking about, the closest 3 I know of to Highlands Reserve are Haines City (down near Southern Dunes), one in Kissimmee near Medieval Times and 1 near Sand Lake Road? If there is another one closer to us at Hampton Lakes (near Highlands) it would be great.
Publix is open till 10p.m. BTW

Goodings were prepared to deliver to the door but wanted something extortionate like $19.95 delivery charge.
Jon
I think you'll be surprised though that after the journey it will be so nice to get out after being cooped up in the plane that you'll actually enjoy doing the shopping. Time you've had a quick rest you'll probably get a second wind and be too excited to sit and do nothing.

Babblin Boo

fiona
19-07-2002, 23:39
Thanks Steph I htought you'd know about Publix.

I do mean the Walmart at Haines City - perhaps it's 10 mins down the road rather than 5! Certainly much nearer than the one near Medieval Times.

I always go there (funnily enough manage to find SOMETHING to buy!) when I've dropped him off for golf at HR or SD.

Fiona

steph_goodrum
20-07-2002, 01:38
You got me all excited then Fiona I thought there was new one. It usually takes us about 20 mins to get to Haines City and Mick is a white van man!
I wish Publix was 24 hr. make life easier wouldn't it?

Babblin Boo

Julieb
20-07-2002, 02:44
I agree with you Steph Walmart is about 20 minutes from Highlands Reserve.

Now that the new Publix is open at Champions Gate I drop in there on my way from the airport just to get a few things for breakfast. It only takes about 5 minutes from there to reach Highlands Reserve.

Julie

fiona
20-07-2002, 05:43
Well, I'm not saying anything about my driving!!!!

Been out for the night with the parents of the child we are taking to Florida on Tuesday. ED went out and left her keys at home! Shrieks down the mobile as to why we weren't home when she got there in her taxi. More shrieks 10 mins later as we werent on our way immediately, ditto another 10 mins later!

Hastily driven back breaking all speed limits from outer mongolia (little villages) north of Henley. V stroppy ED awaiting us in the garden! Of course we have no life!

Fiona

steph_goodrum
20-07-2002, 11:54
How's EDs driving coming along Fiona, at least you have the consolation that maybe you can order a taxi from her soon.

Babblin Boo

fiona
20-07-2002, 13:09
Well I can live in hope can't I? Doing fine with her instructor, nervous going out with us!

Fiona

jon
22-07-2002, 14:35
Thanx 4 all your suggestions ... the 24hr walmart is sounding favourite so far. You're right Boo, after being cooped up on a plane for hours on end, it would be nice to get out and about!!

Jon