PDA

View Full Version : thousand oaks

anna maria freak
23-04-2004, 00:58
not new to florida but have only stayed in villas on gulf coast and new smyrna this year have booked villa in thousand oaks orlando can someone give me any information on this community and where it is close to

Ruth
23-04-2004, 01:10
There are owners here from Thousand Oaks who will answer your questions but I think it is a lovely community and it is where I would have bought if I had not bought the villa I did:)

23-04-2004, 01:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anna maria freak
not new to florida but have only stayed in villas on gulf coast and new smyrna this year have booked villa in thousand oaks orlando can someone give me any information on this community and where it is close to
[/quote]

Are you staying on the lake anna maria?

anna maria freak
23-04-2004, 02:07
YES THE VILLA IS CALLED CAMELOT CASTLE, WE HAD A CHOICE OF HUNDREDS BUT IT CAME DOWN TO TWO THE OTHER BEING HUCKLEBERRY HOUSE, A TOSS OF A COIN DECIDED IT BUT WE HAD NEVER HEARD OF THOUSAND OAKS, HAVE STAYED ON OLD LAKE WILSON RD, WESTGATE .

Ruth
23-04-2004, 02:28
I think Julie is staying at Camelot Castle herself in the summer:)

hamptonlakes
23-04-2004, 02:41
You will find the owner of Camelot Castle around this forum [msnwink]

anna maria freak
23-04-2004, 03:37
HI RUTH
I`M SURE JULIE WILL ENJOY HER STAY, GOING BY THE VIRTUAL TOUR IT LOOKS WONDERFUL OUR FAMILY ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER WHICH CANT COME QUICK ENOUGH.

THANKS, LORRAINE

huckleberry house
23-04-2004, 05:18
Hi Lorraine

I thought I recognised the name and the Anna Maria connection,Camelot Castle is a beautiful home and I am sure you will not be disappointed.Carla is on her way back from Florida so I am sure she will be along to say hello before too long.Anything you need to know just ask as one of us is usually around so we can answer any queries you may have.

Lesley

23-04-2004, 10:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anna maria freak
YES THE VILLA IS CALLED CAMELOT CASTLE, WE HAD A CHOICE OF HUNDREDS BUT IT CAME DOWN TO TWO THE OTHER BEING HUCKLEBERRY HOUSE, A TOSS OF A COIN DECIDED IT BUT WE HAD NEVER HEARD OF THOUSAND OAKS, HAVE STAYED ON OLD LAKE WILSON RD, WESTGATE .
[/quote]

Hi Yes I am staying at Carlas in August for 3 weeks - the villa looks stunning - what dates are you there?

Good location too!!

KarenScott
23-04-2004, 22:44
Just had to say we are staying in huckleyberry house in June and think it looks lovely. We are really looking forward to it. 9 weeks today and we'll be there:D:D:D! Can't wait to try out the decking and pool too.
Regards
Karen[:I]

chrizzy100
23-04-2004, 22:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KEMSCOTT
Just had to say we are staying in huckleyberry house in June and think it looks lovely. We are really looking forward to it. 9 weeks today and we'll be there:D:D:D! Can't wait to try out the decking and pool too.
Regards
Karen[:I]
[/quote]

I looked at Huckleyberry house for the first time last night....I don't know how I missed it.......its a lovely looking home......:)

huckleberry house
23-04-2004, 23:25
Thank you Karen and Chrizzy [:I] Karen you will not be disappointed with the new pool deck,I just wish I had had a chance to try it out :(

Lesley

anna maria freak
24-04-2004, 01:10
HI JULIE R
WE WILL BE STAYING AT CAMELOT FROM THE 24 SEPTEMBER FOR 10 DAYS THEN BEACH BREAKERS ON ANNA MARIA ISLAND FOR TWO WEEKS SO YOU WILL HAVE THE PLEASURE BEFORE WE DO, IT REALY DOES LOOK GORGEOUS AS DOES HUCKLEBERRY HOUSE A DEFINATE NEXT YEAR.

:DLORRAINE (ANNA MARIA FREAK) [:o)]

Carla
25-04-2004, 16:25
Hi Lorraine

I've just got back from my home. It's still looking gorgeous and the Spa has been up and running since March. We'll be there again in July, so we'll be doing some more things to it then.

The area is lovely and quiet with lots of wildlife on the lake to watch. Some nice walks too. Easy to get to Disney and all the other amenities that you'll want.

You're deck is looking great Lesley, but I never got a chance to have a really good look because your guests were there!!

Kemscott, if you are at Huckleberry House around early July, pop round and say hi as we will be there too, next door but one!!

anna maria freak
25-04-2004, 18:12
Thanks Carla
The spa sounds great, can't wait! will be contacting you soon re our visit in September Can you help re queries on two restaurants firstly paccinos across from the old town we had a meal there some years ago and it was great but a further 4 /5 visits and it just didn't come up to the same standard also can you give me some information on "Ronnies" we are not interested in big chains just good food regardless of price thank you
lorraine

Carla
25-04-2004, 19:31
I will automatically send you a list of restaurants, Lorraine, various types and price ranges, that we have tried and found to be good, when I send you the final documentation. I haven't ever tried Paccinos or Ronnies so can't help there, but I am sure that someone else will have info on these two.

caroline
11-05-2004, 16:09
Ronnies steak house on International drive has been taken over (although apparently still the same management and staff).
It is now called Sam and Harry's - we had a meal in there last October and it was lovely, not the best we've had in Florida but nothing actually wrong.

It's at 7500 International Drive

KarenScott
11-05-2004, 16:20
Hi Carla
Just saw your invite. Will Do! We are so looking forward to our holiday now. It's amazing when you are looking for a villa to rent that somehow you just don't see everything. We really like the look of Huckleberry House and can't wait to be there. Your villa looks lovely too, Carla. I think the location is just ideal. Regards Karen[:I] PS Carla that restaurant list could you PM it to me too.

huckleberry house
11-05-2004, 16:34
It is a gorgeus location Karen ,and so peaceful and quiet....mind you I have never been there when Carla is in residence:D:D:D

Now dont tell her but when Carla sends you her restaurant list could you send it to me after;);););)

Cheers, Lesley

Susan J
11-05-2004, 17:11
Individual Restaurants regardless of price - try Del Frisco's in Orlando, great steak house.
Carla - I am out in July at my home too, call around anytime [ anybody welcome :)]

Carla
11-05-2004, 17:21
Usually you'd never know that we were in residence Lesley - we're so quiet!! However for our next trip with the girls it could well be a different story. :D:D:D

Have DM'd you re restaurants Karen.

RUSHBURY
16-06-2004, 22:51
I'm staying at Huckleberry-House in October and can't wait the pictures look great.
Helen

KarenScott
16-06-2004, 23:15
Helen
This time next week we'll nearly be there! Can't wait!
Karen

Ruth
17-06-2004, 00:05
Carla and Lesley, how come lots of your guests make it to the forum. I have never seen any of my guests on the forum[msnscared]

Carla
17-06-2004, 01:13
No idea Ruth. They just join up and next thing we know, they are prolific posters!!! It's great. Must be like me and Lesley, and have plenty of rabbit!!!! :D:D:D

I know that Julie R promotes the sites and forum to other people, so you may find that you get a guest via her and then that guest is bound to join in too. The domino effect!!! :D:D:D

See you out there Karen. Have a safe trip and if you see "Ali G" then take a photo for me please.
:D:D:D